Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 09:18:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Initializing Torrent Engine?  (Read 1900 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 05:25:53 PM

I just reinstalled my operating system. Downloaded the latest core x64 and the latest stable Armory 0.93.2. When I first run Armory it tells I cannot import my wallet because it is scanning the blockchain for my existing wallets. And on the dashboard it says, Downloading via Armory CDN. Is this normal for this version? What is it downloading? I know it has to sync with the main DB the first time you run it, using the core, but never saw this before. Just making sure this is normal.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:01:40 PM

That's expected default behaviour. You could use bitcoin core to get the same download rate, but it doesn't really matter. If the handoff between blockchain torrenting and bootstrapping in bitcoin core doesn't work for some unexpected reason, you'll have to disable torrent block downloading and use bitcoin core anyway, but it looks like you have a good net connection, so it's not such a gamble.

Vires in numeris
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 06:27:43 PM

I used the -datdir=<path> at the end of bitcoin-qt.exe shortcut and also input that path in the Armory settings under "bitcoin home dir". It is downloading for sure, but I don't see the new data path filling up at all. I installed the core in the default path, so I let Armory find that, but changed the home dir setting. Been downloading for a little bit but can't find where it is going right now. I figured my optional "-datdir=<path>" would start to fill up but it is not.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:39:12 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 07:29:11 PM by Carlton Banks

I used the -datdir=<path> at the end of bitcoin-qt.exe shortcut and also input that path in the Armory settings under "bitcoin home dir". It is downloading for sure, but I don't see the new data path filling up at all. I installed the core in the default path, so I let Armory find that, but changed the home dir setting. Been downloading for a little bit but can't find where it is going right now. I figured my optional "-datdir=<path>" would start to fill up but it is not.

It hands it over to bitcoin core once it's downloaded the block data, bitcoin core indexes and verifies it (also takes time). Once that part is done, you will find that data in the directory you're expecting it to be in.

Vires in numeris
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:02:42 PM

Look into Armory's datadir. Core bootstraps off the torrent is it finds a bootstrap.dat file in its datadir. To prevent weird snafus with half downloaded torrents, Armory first downloads the torrent to its datadir, and moves into Core's datadir only once it is completed.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:43:24 PM

Just disable torrent feature... No advantages in using it.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 11:32:52 PM

Just disable torrent feature... No advantages in using it.

Was able to get it up and running but a different scenario, so I may as well start a new thread. Not really related.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: