Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:24:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417149 times)
Jose Rizal

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:38:52 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

Well for me, it will never happen , knowing that governments are centralized system in which every cents will be listed, must have proper documents and if its true then why not? But fraud may take place since leaders have the abulity to control it which is not part of its feature, it will not replace fiat not because I am not into its capabilities and potentials as well but knowing the fact that government has the ability to make it centralized if it happened we might lose the possibility to earn more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
moinul018

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:50:12 PM

I don't think bitcoin going to completely replace dollar. Dollar has a very widespread acceptance in international community and trade. However, they can co-exist side by side.
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:30:26 PM

I think no but they will similar at some time because both this money are very popular in different country like here in philippines,the transaction of dollar here in philippines is so fast to exchange in our own money called php and in bitcoin we have wallet that you can exchange also in a second both similar and good to know how to use
Yes I also with you. In the future there will be only one currency in the world which will be the mainstream and that would be bitcoin and not the dollar. Because dollar is a paper currency and bitcoin is a digital currency. Both have different features. One cannot use dollar in their local markets while the bitcoin use will be worldwide ion your local markets, national and international as well.
OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:30:40 PM

There is a possibility soon but not too soon I think. I believe it would take a decade or more but it's very possible.
bitcoin is good as it is, because bitcoin is popular due to dollars, if dollar doesn't exist bitcoin never makes such reputation, if bitcoin replace dollar then i think there is no profit left for bitcoin holder.
If bitcoin will replaced dollar then it means that there is no paper money or any fiat that we are going to use in this kind of world and we are all be relying on the cryptocurrencies that are created and all in online and that is how we will do transaction and for paying things but it will be a chaotic scene for sure so i think the government will never allow this to happen.
A world only use digial currency will make the hacker community try attack more. You must to remember the method to security digital currency does not better than paper money. Although no one can not attack blockchain system, but hacker can gives us virus through internet fron anywhere and access into our wallet.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:13:15 PM

It seems difficult, and it took a long time to replace the dollar, this is because the market share of dollars is very large and dominant, even the dollar into the world currency because almost all the currency makes the dollar as a benchmark transaction.
Yes, it's pretty difficult thing to be achieved. The value of bitcoin is completely based on the trust and technology backing, but with dollar it has got a backing which is commodity based. Also the market share is much higher compared to bitcoin, which won't let it get replaced in a short or long.
In present, I think the price of Bitcoin is depends on the faith of the traders on the market than its technology.
The technology will be important if Bitcoin can be famous and get accept from the government in future.
yes once the bitcoin adoption have successfully accepted by a lot of people evenly everywhere , they will realize that bitcoin technology are so important and helpful for their future financial , it is more secure and flexible to used.

for now just let them recognize bitcoin as a place to grow money .

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:29:28 AM

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

I don't think Bitcoin will be able to replace Bitcoin within 15 years simply because dollar can be used offline but the use of Bitcoin required Internet.
Dollar is the most popular currency in the entire world and it is accepted almost everywhere and by everyone in this world. Whereas Bitcoin is not that popular. Bitcoin is seen mostly as an investment by many.
Well I think as you said bitcoin need internet there is no doubt that bitcoin is a digital currency but still bitcoin is on the top of all currency in price I think what people need now a days they need money which can help them in their daily expanse and I think that’s what bitcoin is going to do and although bitcoin is a digital currency but still its demand is high in market.
real eyes realize

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:36:54 PM

I think the bitcoin showed really significant developments towards becoming a valid currency, and as a result, it managed to be a real and widespread currency. But I don't think that bitcoin will replace dollar. I think in the future, the traditional currencies and the cryptocurrencies will always be used together.
Charisse1229

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:00:24 PM

Impossible with this volatiliy.

I mean, alright dollar is volalite too i know but; everyone in the world measures everything's value in dollars. Not anything else, not in gold, not in Euro's, not in gas... Only U.S. Dollars. USA rules the world.

Am I clear?

Bitcoin is an wonderful tool and has a very precious quality, I think he cannot replace dollar, because dollar is a one important money in the whole wolrd, and dollar is the one can exchange to bitcoin. So bitcoin is a second choice only, but someday maybe the bitcoin is the next money in the world. But they cannot replace dollar.
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:37:16 PM

I think the bitcoin showed really significant developments towards becoming a valid currency, and as a result, it managed to be a real and widespread currency. But I don't think that bitcoin will replace dollar. I think in the future, the traditional currencies and the cryptocurrencies will always be used together.
I also believe that it is impossible that bitcoin will replace dollar because as we can see both has different world. Dollar is the fiat money we convert our bitcoin to be able to use it in the outside world because it is what we are used to using when it comes to our everyday lives. While bitcoin still exist as a digital currency without the sufficient technology we can't use it.
Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:13:31 PM

There is a possibility soon but not too soon I think. I believe it would take a decade or more but it's very possible.

I think too heavy to replace the current dollar, but I'm sure if bitcoin users reach at least 15% of the total world population then bitcoin could replace the dollar.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Viscore

Activity: 3024
Merit: 647

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:37:39 PM

I hope so but regulators won't allow Bitcoin to achieve such great goals
That's correct, they will not allow to change this world and they will loss control, they will always protect the centralize system and of course their
own currency and will order us to comply. Bitcoin is not in line with the real money because it has o value with fiat being use to transact.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:33:31 AM

I am not agree with your post.  I don't think bitcoin can take place of dollars. Not everyone aware about the bitcoins yet.They have to first learn about bitcoin at least basic which isn't easy for a common man. So in order to take place bitcoin should grow more and used more. I wonder how will new people use bitcoin when they find its price too expensive like 4000 - 5000$.
Soon bitcoins will be replaced by dollar and the concept of dollar will be finished only the bitcoins will be know as king of economy so if you want to be rich then you should invest in bitcoins.
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:37:11 AM

No, because dollar is too powerful. Even if bitcoin is gaining more popularity today, still it can't defeat dollar. Dollar is being accepted everywhere in the world while bitcoin, only few stores accepts it. Bitcoin is not regulated by government so it will have a hard time being recognized as an official currency.
You can’t actually say no. dollar in the start would have faced same problems like bitcoins are facing now. There is always some hurdles for anything new coming in the market. It have to make some deep basement in the market and that requires time too. Bitcoin is now just accepting in few stores but you will see in future everyone is accepting it.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:14:58 PM

Bitcoins popularity is not the basis of having chances to replace dollar or fiat currency. Yes it is accepted that bitcoin is surpasses dollars but it could not make dollar from crashing. And aside from that, more people are using dollar in any transactions compared to digital currencies especially to the people that belong to the lower class of the society.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:44:59 PM

Read the following news:

As long as Donald Trums is the president of United States of America, you never know what can happen. As a manager and politician he is a very strange men, you don't know what to aspect from him and, if he will be president for the next 8-10 years (i hope not) then something will happen with the american dollar, but other ways no, in wont be replaced.
yakushev

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:57:03 PM

Read the following news:

As long as Donald Trums is the president of United States of America, you never know what can happen. As a manager and politician he is a very strange men, you don't know what to aspect from him and, if he will be president for the next 8-10 years (i hope not) then something will happen with the american dollar, but other ways no, in wont be replaced.

Maybe the current president is impulsive, but he will not kill the dollar. This is the most popular currency. And bitcoin will not replace this currency. It will not happen in the next few hundred years.

thesosorr

Activity: 691

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:15:10 PM

Absolutely never imagined, bitcoin never have chance to replace dollar. Because bitcoin is virtual currency and no one controls over its circulation. So conditions like this cann't be used as main currency in the world.
natsu_koo

Activity: 186

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:41:20 PM

I dont think so because bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that is use only in the web and it is not stable, though bitcoin is really popular and impulsive i dont think that it can kill the dollar.
Besides people in the U.S are investing bitcoin because of its high value in dollar, so meaning to say people are investing bitcoin in order to profit a big amount of dollar.
And also i guess not all establishments in the U.S usually accept bitcoins. Grin

Laccoin: It starts here with your Money
▨ Debit cards, P2P Loans, Index Fund ▨
➤ Whitepaper ➤ Facebook ➤ Twitter ➤ Telegram
Willful_Grok

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 09:21:45 PM

It simply wont happen.  The government uses the issuance of dollar bills as a tool and can control inflation/deflation. The dollar is very much a tool and there is no incentive to give up control.

///***********DaiWare   - A Leader in Artificial Intelligence Predictive Analysis********///
*********************DAIWARE*******************
///____DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGY IN DIGITAL HEALTH ANALYTICS____///
dmbragin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:22:54 PM

I feel it has the potential to replace BTC but shortly is just a small also much, I consider it would be excellent if it is in a position to change USD sometime but stating before long is actually asking for a huge alter very quickly.
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: