Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:00:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417149 times)
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:31:32 PM

I think in the future, the traditional currencies/fiat money and the cryptocurrencies will always be used together. I don't think that Bitcoin will replace Dollar. That it is impossible that Bitcoin will replace Dollar because as we can see both has different world

Just curious. How did you gain control of this account? You are not the original owner of this account, Mr. Ethan Mckibben?

BTW, we also have your email address, VPN company, IP, and location, among other useful data.

BTW, I think 1 crypto will eventually replace FIAT. That's the point of it in the first place. We are still a long way from there. We would have to stop being corruption slaves, get rid of governments and their FIAT, and finally control our own money

I dont think bitcoin can replace dollar or any currency as early as 15 years. Although I believe that it will happen but maybe not as fast as 15 years. Dollar particularly is a very stable and strong currency in the world. It is not easy to be replaced since it is used worldwide.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:29:55 AM

Exactly. At current price movements, it's nearly impossible to determine whenever Bitcoin could replace the dollar or not. The high volatility it has, kills its purpose for being used as an everyday currency. Not to mention, its high fees and slow transactions makes its dream of becoming a mainstream currency far from becoming a reality. In this sense, Bitcoin may never replace the dollar as it has the issues mentioned previously, and most of all, it is a decentralized currency which threatens current banks' financial system.

Yes. While Bitcoin may never replace the Dollar due to this factor, it could become a nice addition to it in the future. People can either choose to secure their money in a store of value like Bitcoin or choose to transact in a trusted currency like the Dollar for their everyday transactions. Since Bitcoin is decentralized and has instability in its price, it's impossible for it to replace any kind of fiat currency issued by a government.

Until now, Dollar has been the most solid currency in the world which explains why it's used as a reserve currency. On the other hand, Bitcoin is known as the reserve cryptocurrency in crypto land, since many altcoins depend on it to rise in value over the long term. Even with the introduction of the Lightning Network for Bitcoin, it will be far from overcoming traditional fiat currencies we know today.

Maybe, in the future, we'd get to use a single unified currency where everyone in the world would use it for their everyday transactions. It could be the digital dollar, digital euro, or even digital yuan which will be used by any country in the world as a universal currency. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies would still exist by then, but the worldwide centralized currency will dominate the most as it will be backed by governments and central banks around the world. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Elsie123

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:32:52 AM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?
Claims like this are fun to talk about but little more than good marketing for Coinbase. (Don't get me wrong, I like Coinbase). But no one can say for sure whether bitcoin will have staying power and significance to be considered the world's reserve currency ever let alone 15 years.
Birin016

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:20:11 AM

Nope. for me it will take decade or half before bitcoin can replace dollar because not all of the people can have an easy access on bitcoin. The old people cannot go with the flow if the bitcoin is in use for paying bills and other stuff rather than the dollar. And not all country can fastly adopt that kind of system
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:33:21 AM

Nope. for me it will take decade or half before bitcoin can replace dollar because not all of the people can have an easy access on bitcoin. The old people cannot go with the flow if the bitcoin is in use for paying bills and other stuff rather than the dollar. And not all country can fastly adopt that kind of system
maybe i think longer than that, because we know many countries that can not accept bitcoin. but i believe in the future they will use it, because business related to developed countries and developed countries are already using btc

olia10

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:44:18 AM

No, I do not think that this will happen in the near future. The US dollar will not be replaced by bitcoin. For this, there must be some global crisis in the US dollar system

Arata

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:58:11 AM

I do not think that bitcoin works effectively as money. It seems that the bitcoin function as money is wrong. I think bitcoin is just a digital asset and a commodity, like gold. So, bitcoin will never replace dollar.
Dikpora77

Activity: 123

Apps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:44:13 AM

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

I think it's optimistic and good, nothing impossible, everything can happen, like bitcoin replace dollars one day. if bitcoin still have a good trading and have a power to survive in everything bad issues with many support from bitcoiners in the world bitcoin can grow with strong and always exist for long time. we can't make any prediction for sure but I always optimis.

almersyn

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:33:46 AM

Bitcoin is still considered difficult to replace the role of conventional currency. For example, Bitcoin has no underlying and not centralized. In addition, Bitcoin does not have a deposit and credit mechanism like a conventional currency. In terms of function, Bitcoin is considered only able to fulfill part of the function of currency that is as a means of payment. Bitcoin is like a tool of exchange and paying equipment such as gold, diamonds, banknotes, stocks, commodities whose value is a general consensus of acceptance and public trust.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:48:14 PM

As long as bitcoin and any other cryptocurrency are depending on the internet and can't be transacted without the online connection it is possible to replace dollars or any fiat all over the world, though lets not close the door that cryptocurrency may replace that money in term of exchanges as we see that the world are now open with this virtual currencies! But, weakness is still a weakness and we can't rely on it unless the issue has been solved! this is just like plastic cards we cant go out without a cash and just plastic cards to pay because we dont know when will be the system down.
Thomas_Etton

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:46:45 PM

The government does not motivate you to spend directly, it just makes sure that if you do not spend your money the general currency supply stays the same, the problem is they use that power way too quickly, and the supply is more then the need. This way when your money stays in the bank or wallet it looses value, so you better buy a villa that you do not need thinking it is some sort of investment. Mainly they motivate people with good income (not rich people but the general population) to invest in things that no one needs. If it was bitcoin you will go on a vacation in a hotel and safe some 200 000USD, that will go up in value. I am not sure the example is good but I hope you get my point, there are many things like that. no one in the government cares if you spend your money on food and you do not take out a loan to buy food, but the food economy is mainly subsidized so it is an expanse to the government not so much a growing industry.
Lagrood

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:26:35 PM

Wow! What a subject! It is impossible that is my opinion. I am sure that it is obviously impossible soon and even later. What is dollar?! It is America and its economy. It is the biggest economy in the world and dollar is a mirror of the American economy. And what is bitcoin?! It is a digital assets.
Nevertheless, bitcoin have plenty of benefits vs dollar and can be used in various situations much better that dollar. As a mechanic use special tools for special purposes as a person can use special currencies for special purposes.
Mia-

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:33:39 PM

yes, Bitcoin will replace the dollar soon because dollar is not a world money. Though world accept dollar, is not a world money. Many countries use their own money. Dollar is also a money for some countries. But Bitcoin is not a money for any particular country. So, it can be used as a world money.
Piapia

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:45:11 PM

If all mankind or all country citizens will understand what bitcoin really means for us, I think Yes, there is a possibility that bitcoin will replace dollar soon. Because it has capability change the mind settings of individuals for the better too of course.
natentota

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:50:12 PM

A cryptocurrency will never replace a fiat currency, its rather simple that a legitimate country would never abandon its fiat currency being something that the government can control for something it has no control of.
billbear

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:55:52 PM

I think, the only way for bitcoin to replace dollar is getting a stable price for start, lol, becouse just imagine a currency in common life with such price jumps
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:25:48 PM

Read the following news:

I think no because it's important to all of us and as we can see bitcoin is always base to the price if dollar I mean we can use dollar to convert bitcoin. So I think its impossible because dollar is always use if all people around the world.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
iillaa

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:56:09 PM

Read the following news:

no it will not i can see bitcoin rn like credit card  ( visa...mastercard )  just another way to transfer money from a place on the earth to another place  but better and  with high

efficacy 

blockchain is way better than those credit card in several  things  i can mention a couple of them

• high speed transaction take wave for example
  • low fess  lol take wave as example
  • security using the contract function of eth for example
and dont forget something very important  you can literally  receive your money from any place in the world   even if you are in middle of no where u just need internet  no need for a post office   banks and credit card work only in some places     while  crypto have no limits
[/list]

Cheesy
Rollkal

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:03:16 PM

No I do not think this will happen. BTC can not be more flexible in the process of paying for goods and services for daily life. We are used to paper money, and the BTC is more risky in terms of price, risk of theft. I do not think it is good if they become the main currency of the country.
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:24:56 PM

Read the following news:

bitcoin is in my opinion will not be able to replace the dollar until whenever. because the dollar is the real currency and in the state, if btc wants to compete with the possibility there will be a country that does not believe with btc

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: