Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:44:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to mainstream adoption tactic  (Read 1096 times)
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:22:05 PM

1. You simplify the use of Bitcoin to the point that is oversimplified.
2. Continue spreading the word, friends, family etc.
3. You keep innovating and making a rock solid software that will not give up on is.
4. You let the time does its job. Look at Greece, Cyprus etc.

4. Look at Greece?
Nothing happened in Greece, dude, I followed it closely.
40% of greeks NEVER accessed internet.
And THIS is a good place to say: Greece is the WRONG PLACE to advertise Bitcoin, also between your family.
For the simple reason that, with such a bad internet infrastructure or appreciation, there's an additional barrier in its adoption.
Greece will surely NOT be one of the first countries adopting Bitcoin, DESPITE its terrible economic conditions.

2. Ye that happens ANYWAY.

3. Not my task, it's coders and IT task, and this happens ANYWAY as well. Software evolution goes on.

1. What?

1. You didn't get my phrase, we need to make bitcoin use as simple as possible. Software, security, wallets, everything. Look at the Trezor for example, it's very secure, but its still overly complicated. If we don't simplify Bitcoin further, it will never get adopted as we want.

4. Greece helped Bitcoin a lot! And I am not of those who are saying Greeks should adopt bitcoin as a national currency. Let me say you how Greece has helped us:

When Greece started their capital controls, there was no 1 person in the world that had money in the banks that didn't ask themselves, what if I wake up tomorrow and this happens to me. As they asked themselves this question, they probably heard about Bitcoin in news as well so at least they started thinking a bit more that there might be another option out there! This is what we need for adoption to happen, raised awareness.
GODLIKE (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:25:27 PM

Of course this will not happen in 1 or 2 years. The adoption will grow slowly and we have to be patient with average joes. You can not force a process like this to speed up.

So let me state this clearly: you believe in evangelizing in front of an ATM while a person is mostly probably just in need of getting some money and thus will be in a hurry to find a common ATM, but you don't believe in evangelizing a targetized population of people to create a believable system like I wrote in my post.
Another person that doesn't believe in advertising campaigns.

Maybe I am in the wrong forum here.
At this point, I think only somebody with some experience in advertising can understand what I'm trying to filter in here.

And just to complete the story: I NEVER stopped by to ask a person what the hell is that machine, for several reasons, first of all the person could not feel comfortable while exchanging money when a stranger approaches, second, the person has his own business to do, third, much possibly (and this is the worst) I won't be interested in what that machine exchanges, if I didn't need that up to now, I don't need it anyway.
You are just dreaming about ATMs being a good advertising method, even though, as anything else at this point, they surely help a minimum.
We are talking about MAYBE 10 persons per year stopping by a Bitcoin ATM and asking somebody what the hell that is. And then, remaining their same opinion just because they are in a city that is not Tampa or Kansas City (and I hope this comparison will help you understand better)
And again: we have no data about how much those ATMs are used. I couldn't find a company releasing data about it.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:32:07 PM

1. You simplify the use of Bitcoin to the point that is oversimplified.
2. Continue spreading the word, friends, family etc.
3. You keep innovating and making a rock solid software that will not give up on is.
4. You let the time does its job. Look at Greece, Cyprus etc.

4. Look at Greece?
Nothing happened in Greece, dude, I followed it closely.
40% of greeks NEVER accessed internet.
And THIS is a good place to say: Greece is the WRONG PLACE to advertise Bitcoin, also between your family.
For the simple reason that, with such a bad internet infrastructure or appreciation, there's an additional barrier in its adoption.
Greece will surely NOT be one of the first countries adopting Bitcoin, DESPITE its terrible economic conditions.

2. Ye that happens ANYWAY.

3. Not my task, it's coders and IT task, and this happens ANYWAY as well. Software evolution goes on.

1. What?

1. You didn't get my phrase, we need to make bitcoin use as simple as possible. Software, security, wallets, everything. Look at the Trezor for example, it's very secure, but its still overly complicated. If we don't simplify Bitcoin further, it will never get adopted as we want.

4. Greece helped Bitcoin a lot! And I am not of those who are saying Greeks should adopt bitcoin as a national currency. Let me say you how Greece has helped us:

When Greece started their capital controls, there was no 1 person in the world that had money in the banks that didn't ask themselves, what if I wake up tomorrow and this happens to me. As they asked themselves this question, they probably heard about Bitcoin in news as well so at least they started thinking a bit more that there might be another option out there! This is what we need for adoption to happen, raised awareness.

1. Can you tell me HOW a payment method can be simpler than scanning a code with your mobile phone?
Not because I think it's impossible, but I think that this method is just so simple that if something even simpler will come, it will be after decades.
With actual technology, this is the simplest, fastest solution.
Any other solution asks the shops to build infrastructure, and that costs money, and paying money keeps people away.

4. I don't know how young you are but Greece banks freeze was not the first time it happened in the world.
Also, governments can take your money in banks, that happened in Cyprus recently, in Italy some years ago.
People KNOW this can happen.
Despite this, people didn't run en masse to buy Bitcoin.
Why?
Because they don't trust Bitcoin, that's why.
And that's why I wrote this thread as a strategy to help Bitcoin penetration in mainstream.

Also, after banks re-opened in Greece, you would have expected at least some shop more on Coinmap.
Nothing happened.
Let me restate this: NOTHING - HAPPENED.
Not a single shop was added on Coinmap.
Bitcoin value didn't kick to the stars, it only got a small bump, and much probably not from greek people buying, but from US OURSELVES believing more in Bitcoin after what we have seen banks can do.
You can understand why this happened, if you only try (JUST TRY) to come out of your own opinion and ACCEPT that Greece people are made in such a way that Bitcoin do not appeal them as much as it happens in Tampa, Florida, that is not even in economical distress.
And THIS is why I opened this thread.

But I really can't understand if everybody is now slave of cognitive dissonance or I'm getting mad, so, before I lose my mental sanity I'm abandoning this topic.
Thank you for your effort anyway.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:34:49 PM

Of course this will not happen in 1 or 2 years. The adoption will grow slowly and we have to be patient with average joes. You can not force a process like this to speed up.

So let me state this clearly: you believe in evangelizing in front of an ATM while a person is mostly probably just in need of getting some money

Oh man you have not understood it seems.
Read again what I wrote. Read all of it again.Have a nice day man.
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:41:41 PM

So let me state this clearly: you believe in evangelizing in front of an ATM while a person is mostly probably just in need of getting some money

Oh man you have not understood it seems.
Read again what I wrote. Read all of it again.Have a nice day man.

No no, I understand perfectly.
This is your piece:

The ATMs are one piece of that. And don't underestimate these machines. The more are placed in hotspots of big metrololises the more people will scratch their heads and think what that is cause they see it almost everywhere. And when you as a long user Bitcoin stand in front one of those atms some curious persons might ask you what this is and how it works. And now it's up to you to explain, show and convince them. Wink

You really look slave of cognitive dissonance, dude.
If you don't know what that is, just read on Wikipedia, there's a short article about it.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: