50 BTC lost because of blank passphrase
<< < (16/16)
notlist3d:
Quote from: fox19891989 on January 26, 2016, 04:39:37 PM

:o :o

you should encrypt it your wallet before depositing, 50 btc is a serious amount money, what a pity that you were hacked in 10 minutes, imo hackers may have trojan horses in your computer, what's why you were hacked in just 10 minutes, can't believe, so you learn big lesson from this hack, sorry to hear that.  :(

Or look into hardware wallets.  They truly are a nice thing to have if your going to use the address a lot.  Just adds a lot more security some are so secure even if computer is compromised you are still safe (as long as you did not do something stupid like save seeds on PC).

And there is paper wallets for if you truly are not going to touch the BTC.  Just make sure to do it properly.

People should be using those two options a lot.
shrivastav25:
Quote from: amaclin on August 06, 2015, 02:06:14 PM

Quote from: Muhammed Zakir on August 06, 2015, 01:39:58 PM

I think there is no "special" threads. I can confirm this because he sweeped from one of my old address
This is not your old address (private key). You sold it to me. Now this is my address. And I can do whatever I want with it.

Aren't these your words?

Quote from: Muhammed Zakir on January 02, 2015, 01:38:45 PM

Thanks! Received! Good trade with you! :)

Code:

19pjkRG494kzFuNtK1NT1DkeDGyMTw67be - L1AjaYpTdfxwu5Mii6dHhLE4KdveRAdgdF6xxdNua1UBvDZfxkR2 -
1MzakiRDem5MCocbcP7DgfcVGZNZe2KqaC - 5KJtbhbKxocwWNdFGzmv2SBy8XZfAfqRVT33LJnFQePVj74HAjn

Kindly,
   Muhammed Zakir

I think you are a scammer because just now I watched the video where your 155 address was mentioned..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7gbX7sfNBs this says you have to download its software and once the user runs it, it scans the system for private keys and bohhhh all money gone..

read the post https://counterpartytalk.org/t/counterwallet-bug-report-amp-technical-support-thread/188/201
Timelord2067:
Is this old chest-nut still doing the rounds?  Gave me a laugh. Heh.
danielkruchin:
Ok this kind of thing makes me nervous. How do I make sure this never happens to me?  ???
figmentofmyass:
Quote from: danielkruchin on April 04, 2018, 01:06:28 AM

Ok this kind of thing makes me nervous. How do I make sure this never happens to me?  ???

don't use a brainwallet, and you won't get dictionary attacked. it's that simple. most people agree that brainwallets are insecure because humans generally won't choose a passphrase with enough entropy. your passphrase may seem random or hard-to-crack to you, but to a brute-forcing algorithm, it probably isn't.

use a wallet like bitcoin core, and this won't happen.
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page