Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:17:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin Foundation  (Read 769 times)
timeshareafrica (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:29:52 PM

The announcement for September, Bitcoin Foundation Launches....
There are some experts who made it there mission to (quote from their website...) Our mission is to help people exchange resources and ideas more freely.
Bitcoin as it is at the moment is more free than it could probably be with or without interference from Bitcoin Foundation.
What do they mean they want to exchange resources and ideas more freely?
Standardising Bitcoin as a nonpolitical online money....well BTC is allready nonpolitic and online
Protecting Bitcoin.... Bitcoin can take care of itself no need for some American Enterpreneurs to do so.
Promote Bitcoin. same here dont need some help from the Americans.
So in the end I ask myself what is this all about?
We have Gavin Andresen, Mark Karpeles, Jon Matonis, Patrick Murck, Charlie Shrem and Pieter Vessenes they all seem pretty smart (proper educatrion, studied, economics, business people good connection to government etc) So here is my guess....
1. They want to make quick cash....  less likely
2. They are  working for a government organisation very likely
3. They were approached by a big company likely

But what this smart people dont understand is that Bitcoin can be transfered within seconds in Litecoins, Solidcoins or any other Crypto currency which is not standartised, so what is all the fuss about this?
By the way I am not complaining by what this people doing, they will push the price for sure.BTCup
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
insight

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:06:18 PM

There is probably a need for something like this. But it also creates a point of attack.
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:10:21 PM

There is probably a need for something like this. But it also creates a point of attack.

A party can easily bribe this organization and its respective Bitcoin standards to their benefit.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 03:24:35 AM

The announcement for September, Bitcoin Foundation Launches....
There are some experts who made it there mission to (quote from their website...) Our mission is to help people exchange resources and ideas more freely.
Bitcoin as it is at the moment is more free than it could probably be with or without interference from Bitcoin Foundation.
What do they mean they want to exchange resources and ideas more freely?
Standardising Bitcoin as a nonpolitical online money....well BTC is allready nonpolitic and online
Protecting Bitcoin.... Bitcoin can take care of itself no need for some American Enterpreneurs to do so.
Promote Bitcoin. same here dont need some help from the Americans.
So in the end I ask myself what is this all about?
We have Gavin Andresen, Mark Karpeles, Jon Matonis, Patrick Murck, Charlie Shrem and Pieter Vessenes they all seem pretty smart (proper educatrion, studied, economics, business people good connection to government etc) So here is my guess....
1. They want to make quick cash....  less likely
2. They are  working for a government organisation very likely
3. They were approached by a big company likely

But what this smart people dont understand is that Bitcoin can be transfered within seconds in Litecoins, Solidcoins or any other Crypto currency which is not standartised, so what is all the fuss about this?
By the way I am not complaining by what this people doing, they will push the price for sure.BTCup
"exchange resources and ideas more freely" -- right now bitcoin is a very loose and poorly-connected organization of developers, miners, entrepreneurs, businesses, and others. By providing a place for people to go, they provide some efficiency, making it easier for people to get together and build better stuff. It's not clear that they can top bitcointalk.org, but it doesn't mean they won't provide something useful.

"Standardising Bitcoin as a nonpolitical online money" -- yeah, this is a little vague.

"Protecting Bitcoin" -- Governments see Bitcoin as a potential threat and may decide to take action. There is possibility that the U.S. government will classify buying/selling BTC as money laundering, making it illegal for Americans to participate. An organization devoted to countering assaults like this would be protecting Bitcoin.

"Promoting Bitcoin" -- 99% (or more) of the world has never heard of Bitcoin. Promoting Bitcoin will increase its use, and that will improve its usefulness and its stability. Wouldn't it be great if major online retailers accepted Bitcoin? They won't until it becomes mainstream.

#1 -- not likely
#2 -- even less likely than #1
#3 -- possibly, but what does this even mean?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
sippsnapp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:06:54 AM

Isnt bitcoin what developers make it?
Anybody can found something like this, its the users choice to give attention or not.
There is no holding back from developing something similar.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
insight

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 09:25:13 AM

A party can easily bribe this organization and its respective Bitcoin standards to their benefit.

Well they could just as easily be bribed or threatened even when there is no organization, but ofcourse everything they say would look like some "official" Bitcoin statement.

What troubles me is that its a great way to round up all the biggest Bitcoin supporters in one place.

Gavin though needs support to be able to work fulltime.
Envious

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 10:02:54 AM

One good thing that could come from this is it makes it easier for the developers to accept donations and apply for funding, the downside is if there is ever legal trouble involving Bitcoins the foundation itself will be taken to court, rather then having everything distributed and no easy target.
Stapleddiet

Activity: 89
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 06:33:45 AM

I think its a good idea and hopefully it will help Bitcoin gain further understanding and traction. Paying the developers is the right thing to do.
timeshareafrica (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 08:25:53 AM

I dont say it is wrong to pay the developers I just say people doing so are not very well informed or have to much money.
 This people are not developers this people are collectors of capital if you goole their names you will see this are business people and not developers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: