Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:33:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Those that dream of $1200/bitcoin can thank this man.  (Read 2523 times)
TheRealistMassiah1 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:24:27 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 09:39:29 PM by TheRealistMassiah1

https://i.imgur.com/Yw81i.png

The historical data for mtgox has been archived somewhere but here is a chart of the volume data ...

and the 70-80% market share was active during the death spiral of MTGox itself ... after "withdrawls" were being held was when they saw the most drastic changes in their daily volume and epople started switching over immediately... but some didn't as other exchanges had lower volume , liquidity , and prices...

Additional source on the manipulation http://bitcoin.stamen.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:42:05 PM

Wait, your therealistmassiah1? Then who is therealistmassiah?  Shocked

Won't the real therealistmassiah please stand up.  Roll Eyes Tongue
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:48:48 AM

The historical data for mtgox has been archived somewhere but here is a chart of the volume data ...

and the 70-80% market share was active during the death spiral of MTGox itself ... after "withdrawls" were being held was when they saw the most drastic changes in their daily volume and epople started switching over immediately... but some didn't as other exchanges had lower volume , liquidity , and prices...

Additional source on the manipulation http://bitcoin.stamen.com/

I show you that mtgox was less than 50% of trading volume before the chinese came and took a huge percentage.

You reply with a chart from 2 years prior to the events we are talking about, followed by some hand waving.

Citation still needed.

TheRealistMassiah1 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:24:08 AM

I think you misunderstood the meaning of my words , .... and there were days during the pump and manipulation where MTGOX's market volume was above 70% and take the time to look at historical data of exchange volumes....
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:25:54 AM

a bot that was a small percentage of MtGox's volume, could really single-handedly incite an entire bubble when there were at least 2 or 3 other similarly sized exchanges?
TheRealistMassiah1 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:30:17 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 01:52:03 AM by TheRealistMassiah1

a bot that was a small percentage of MtGox's volume, could really single-handedly incite an entire bubble when there were at least 2 or 3 other similarly sized exchanges?

There were and still are MULTIPLE bots on the exchanges til this day...

on bitstamp/bitfinex you'll see 50 btc blocks of bid orders being added and removed every few seconds blinking in and out of price ranges ...

sidenote: review the links about mtgox trade forensic analysis of it ...

Also at the time bitstamp and btce were playing "catch up" to mtgox's higher pricing ... which is why they had a higher percentage of the "market volume" because of manipulation and pooling of users ...

additional note: when you see one price on exchange A at $300 and on  exchange B at $270 ... of course you would want to buy the bitcoins at EXCHANGE B for $270 and sell it higher at EXCHANGE A for $300 so that's how prices are influenced at different exchanges ...

Additional side note: It's called an arbitrage equilibrium... where when supply on one route is listed at a lesser price and the demand on another route has a higher listed price meaning  those prices have to meet at some point "catching up" to the appropriate levels...

ALSO to roadbits  since you had asked the question of "how it could really single-handedly... incite a bubble at '2-3' other similarly sized exchanges" ... well now you know and since you failed to understand that prior you must be one of those that are unacknowledged of actual financial assets =/

please take that time to actually learn about the validity of an asset etc..
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:35:35 AM

I think we must forget about price back to 1200 it's time for wake up from your dream. Bitcoin is never again reach to $1200

additional note: when you see one price on exchange A at $300 and on  exchange B at $270 ... of course you would want to buy the bitcoins at EXCHANGE B for $270 and sell it higher at EXCHANGE A for $300 so that's how prices are influenced at different exchanges ...

I never see range price too deep like that, the best range is $5-$7 at different exchanges
TheRealistMassiah1 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:12:35 AM

I think we must forget about price back to 1200 it's time for wake up from your dream. Bitcoin is never again reach to $1200

I never see range price too deep like that, the best range is $5-$7 at different exchanges

Really?? ..

recently Chinese bitcoin exchanges were like 30--60$ usd higher than the USD exchanges ... pretty crazy case of arbitrage there =]  (cny exchanges were $350 usd and  ... usd exchanges were $290-$300 per bitcoin)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:35:44 AM

Really?? ..

recently Chinese bitcoin exchanges were like 30--60$ usd higher than the USD exchanges ... pretty crazy case of arbitrage there =]  (cny exchanges were $350 usd and  ... usd exchanges were $290-$300 per bitcoin)

that difference in price was only there for a very short time. no chance for traders on other exchanges to benefit from the crazy difference.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:56:50 AM

Really?? ..

that difference in price was only there for a very short time. no chance for traders on other exchanges to benefit from the crazy difference.

Yeah moving funds around mostly takes too long.. Before you can acces them again and stuff. On top of that, you have your withdrawel fees that hurt your profit.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 07:17:01 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 07:28:26 AM by jbreher

every year 5% of bitcoins are lost

Yeah, and 80% of all quoted statistics are made up. Care to show your work?

edit: reading downthread, I see that showing your work seems to consist of quoting some not-very-credible anecdotes from the popular press.

Interested no longer. Carry on.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:25:26 PM

every year 5% of bitcoins are lost

Yeah, and 80% of all quoted statistics are made up. Care to show your work?

edit: reading downthread, I see that showing your work seems to consist of quoting some not-very-credible anecdotes from the popular press.

Interested no longer. Carry on.

i though the same thing, he is copy pasting bullshit that can not be seen as a good metric ever, and he wants to pass that as a good source to know about the right % of the lost coins, which at present is impossible to determine no matter what method you use

he seems to not understand this and he call the other ignorant, how hilarious..
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: