Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:58:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain website is Down?  (Read 705 times)
grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:02:35 AM

So I just made a transaction and I went to the blockchain.info website to check status.  First thing caught me off guard was the last block showing was over 3 hours ago... nearly four hours.  So I pasted the TX ID into the search block and it went it showed as unconfirmed which is normal... only been a few minutes.  So then I went back to the home page but it popped up the Server maintenance message.

Is this normal?  Never seen it before on the blockchain site.  The blockchain still functions without that site right?  edit: okay, that's probably a stupid question but it's still just wierd if there are no transactions going down in 3+ hours but I think I've heard of that happening too...  It's just wierd that it actually gave info like the last block was over 3 hours ago.

They also show a twitter page on their website but when I go to the twitter link there is nothing there.  wierd

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
czechkid

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:14:27 AM

Its down for me as well but i never seen such thing. Btw the twitter link works for me
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:19:53 AM

So I just made a transaction and I went to the blockchain.info website to check status.  First thing caught me off guard was the last block showing was over 3 hours ago... nearly four hours.  So I pasted the TX ID into the search block and it went it showed as unconfirmed which is normal... only been a few minutes.  So then I went back to the home page but it popped up the Server maintenance message.

Is this normal?  Never seen it before on the blockchain site.  The blockchain still functions without that site right?  edit: okay, that's probably a stupid question but it's still just wierd if there are no transactions going down in 3+ hours but I think I've heard of that happening too...  It's just wierd that it actually gave info like the last block was over 3 hours ago.

They also show a twitter page on their website but when I go to the twitter link there is nothing there.  wierd

Yes, I noticed that Blockchain.info was definitely messed up today.
It is way behind on the found blocks as well as not showing your confirmations correctly.
I've been using Blockr.io to check my confirms today. They seem to be accurate.

Blockchain.info has gone down a lot lately during the Spam attacks,
which by the way if you did not know, is currently going on.

It seems normal now for Blockchain.info to have problems during the Spam attacks.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1841

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:21:57 AM

blockexporer.com shows latest block number is 358999.

JUST (12:19 AM US ET) saw that blockchain.info is in a maintenance mode of some sort.

I owe someone BTC0.01, and my "hot" wallet is at blockchain.info.  I don't want to use my Trezor or Nano for a payment of BTC0.01...

EDIT: Yes, AgentofCoin, blockchain.info did not handle the spam attacks well.
foodstamps

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:32:30 AM

There seem to be so many problems lately with blockchain.info. I hope they get their shit together.
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 04:33:13 AM

So I just made a transaction and I went to the blockchain.info website to check status.
Is this normal?  Never seen it before on the blockchain site.

I've read on this site Blockchaininfo being down on various occasions, and people even having temporary trouble getting into their wallets through the site, but it always comes back after a maintenance period.

You can use http://blockscan.com/ which is functioning correctly, as many others are too, I'm sure.
coopa

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 07:32:46 AM

Its down for me as well but i never seen such thing. Btw the twitter link works for me
Down at my end as well.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 09:30:30 AM

Bitcoin CEO was arrested. The new CEO of Bitcoin should contact the CEO of Japan to clear out the miss understanding.

investspot

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 09:46:19 AM

It's up now.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:52:11 AM

This morning when I used Blockchain.info to check if I receive my payout from BitcoinRush signature campaign, it was working as usual. A few hours ago, when I'm checking another person address (not to disclose) it said Blockchain.info is down for maintenance. Just checked again and it is working. Cheer. Let's hope that Blockchain.info will state a reason soon. Last update on Twitter is 16 hours ago.. :/.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 10:16:33 AM

no problems with that site.

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:49:49 AM

The website "blockchain.info" has had a lot of problems lately. I can recommend the following blockchain explorer sites instead:

https://www.blocktrail.com/
https://www.smartbit.com.au/
https://bchain.info/BTC/
http://btc.blockr.io/
http://blockscan.com/
http://blockchains.io/
https://tradeblock.com/blockchain

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:57:34 AM

if you don't neet is for a wallet there are many more alternatives that work even better, i like this one for example http://btc.blockr.io/
but i tried now and it work right

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Yeah?

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:20:42 PM

It was down for me this morning but now it;'s working again. It does go down from time to time but that's the problem with a centralized wallet system. You can always check your balance on another block explorer though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: