Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:57:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Man stabs people at gay pride march in Jerusalem for second time  (Read 2103 times)
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:47:48 PM

@Falconer, MakingMoneyHoney

Maybe it was a provocation. Maybe they were trying to goad religious people and trying to frustrate them. Maybe they had other reasons to choose Jerusalem. But you missed the point. None of those things give anyone the right to use violence against them. Depending on where you live religious people can be so very annoying and get away with a lot of stuff they shouldn't. But I wouldn't support killing or attacking them no matter how annoying they are. There is no justification for this attack.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:05:29 PM

@Falconer, MakingMoneyHoney

Maybe it was a provocation. Maybe they were trying to goad religious people and trying to frustrate them. Maybe they had other reasons to choose Jerusalem. But you missed the point. None of those things give anyone the right to use violence against them. Depending on where you live religious people can be so very annoying and get away with a lot of stuff they shouldn't. But I wouldn't support killing or attacking them no matter how annoying they are. There is no justification for this attack.

No, you missed the point. I was agreeing that sometimes the LGBT try to frustrate others, and that's hypocritical. I'm against violence and for tolerance. But that doesn't stop others from being hypocritical. That was the point my post was about.
Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 08:40:49 PM

Depending on where you live religious people can be so very annoying and get away with a lot of stuff they shouldn't. But I wouldn't support killing or attacking them no matter how annoying they are. There is no justification for this attack.
Wise words. Violence can never be justified by reason. Only religion/superstition attempts to justify violence.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:44:42 PM

Depending on where you live religious people can be so very annoying and get away with a lot of stuff they shouldn't. But I wouldn't support killing or attacking them no matter how annoying they are. There is no justification for this attack.
Wise words. Violence can never be justified by reason. Only religion/superstition attempts to justify violence.

And yet you tell people to kill themselves.
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:03:30 PM

I think that every body has its own rights. No matter are you gay, lesbian, transsexual or heterosexual we are all people. But the gay people should press their luck with pride marches like this.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:28:18 PM

I'll never understand folks who think being gay is wrong yet stabbing someone to death is okay. If you don't like gay people, just leave them the hell alone and mind your business.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 01:45:50 AM

A: Typing some potentially offensive words on an internet forum
B: Stabbing or shooting someone

See if you can spot the difference.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:29:35 AM

I'm sorry you didn't get the point, as you erased the quote where I showed you to be a hypocrite. I've added it back in.

You think you typed "some potentially offensive words on an internet forum" when in fact in the past you tried to justify violence.

Only religion/superstition attempts to justify violence.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:30:17 AM

I guess words only kill when they support your bias...
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 01:27:57 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 01:52:47 PM by Beliathon

My words are truth, and kill only superstition, while theist lies kill innocent teenagers.

If only my words were a tenth as powerful as the hatred levied at LGBTQ youth from Christians...

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:34:12 PM

My words are truth, and kill only superstition, while theist lies kill innocent teenagers.

If only my words were a tenth as powerful as the hatred levied at LGBTQ youth from Christians...

You tell people to kill themselves. You are against violence.

You are a hypocrite.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 01:40:52 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 01:53:14 PM by Beliathon

You tell people to kill themselves. You are against violence. You are a hypocrite.
No, ending one's own life is not an act of violence. Suicide is an inalienable natural right of all sentient beings.

I do not intend to sway the beliefs of many of you, nor even budge them - I know this to be an impossibility, for if the religious mind is well-trained at anything, it is circumventing rational argument.

I only intend to sew seeds of doubt, in the hopes that perhaps some of you will nurture them and let them grow.

P.S.
Shira Banki, a 16-year old girl stabbed at the Pride Parade, has succumbed to her injuries and died. The parents have decided to donate her organs.

Thanks, religion!

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:53:00 PM

You tell people to kill themselves. You are against violence. You are a hypocrite.
No, ending one's own life is not an act of violence. Suicide is an inalienable natural right of all sentient beings.

I do not intend to sway the beliefs of many of you, nor even budge them - I know this to be an impossibility, for if the religious mind is well-trained at anything, it is circumventing rational argument.

I only intend to sew seeds of doubt, in the hopes that perhaps some of you will nurture them and let them grow. Here goes.

P.S.
Shira Banki, a 16-year old girl stabbed at the Pride Parade, has succumbed to her injuries and died.

Thanks, religion!

Violence:

1. swift and intense force:
the violence of a storm.

2. rough or injurious physical force, action, or treatment

Injurious:

harmful, hurtful, or detrimental, as in effect

I think a detrimental or hurtful force to oneself is required to make oneself dead.

You are a hypocrite, and you generalize everyone you don't like as believing in God whether they do or do not. How can anyone take anything you say seriously?
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 01:54:25 PM

I think a detrimental or hurtful force to oneself is required to make oneself dead.
That's simply not true. One can commit suicide without any pain at all, by drinking or injecting certain combinations of fluids one can die peacefully by falling asleep.

This painless scientific method is how I would hope to die, one day.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:56:26 PM

Violence:

1. swift and intense force:
the violence of a storm.

2. rough or injurious physical force, action, or treatment

Injurious:

harmful, hurtful, or detrimental, as in effect

You are a hypocrite, and you generalize everyone you don't like as believing in God whether they do or do not. How can anyone take anything you say seriously?

That's simply not true. One can commit suicide without any pain at all, by drinking or injecting the right combinations of fluids one can die peacefully by falling asleep.

I'm sorry I have to give you more definitions. The fact that you don't know what these words mean, is pretty sad.

Detrimental

causing detriment, as loss or injury; damaging; harmful.

To kill oneself you need to do something detrimental, which is harmful to the body, damaging to the body.

For your example of using pills to sleep forever, use Violence defintion number 2: a detrimental treatment.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 02:05:19 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 03:17:12 PM by Beliathon

To kill oneself you need to do something detrimental, which is harmful to the body, damaging to the body.

For your example of using pills to sleep forever, use Violence defintion number 2: a detrimental treatment.
The mind/body separation is a false dichotomy. I am my body. You are your body.

If one's life has consisted of more suffering than pleasure, suicide is NOT detrimental to oneself, but a mercy.

Death is also a mercy when you're absolutely certain your future will consist of more suffering than pleasure, as was the case with Aaron Swartz, the brilliant young computer scientist who hung himself to avoid decades in federal prison. See my signature for links.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:56:05 PM

The mind/body separation is a false dichotomy. I am my body. You are your body.

If one's life has consisted of more suffering than pleasure, suicide is NOT detrimental to oneself, but a mercy.

Death is also a mercy when you're absolutely certain your future will consist of more suffering than pleasure, as in the case of Aaron Swartz.

You're still causing harm to the body. Whether or not it's worse than suffering (in the mind), doesn't matter. It's still violence.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:00:48 PM

You're still causing harm to the body.
Again, there is no "the body", there is only self. This is vital to understanding the reality of self without superstition - without soul.  

It only makes sense to refer to oneself as "the body" if you're a head in a jar looking across the room at your headless body.

You are fetishizing life and demonizing death, this is an immature perspective. Life and death are yin and yang.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:07:20 PM

You're still causing harm to the body.
Again, there is no "the body", there is only self. This is vital to understanding the reality of self without superstition - without soul.  

It only makes sense to refer to oneself as "the body" if you're a head in a jar looking across the room at your headless body.

What you're doing is fetishizing life and demonizing death, this is an infantile perspective. They are two sides of the same coin, yin and yang.

I am my body. You are your body.

You can't even wait 3 posts before contradicting yourself again. You just say whatever sounds like it supports your argument then get into a semantic deconstruction whenever your contradictions are pointed out. Its really sad to see your complete lack of argumentative skills and your complete reliance on semantic gymnastics and bullshit.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:33:13 PM

A 16-year old girl (Shira Banki), who was earlier injured in the attack has died. My question is why is 16-year old kids taking part in gay pride parades? 16-year olds should be in school studying, rather than marching around naked, doing all sort of perversities. The LGBT lobby will be happy. They have achieved their objective, by provoking the ultra-Orthodox guy.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: