Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:24:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why not just print dollars?  (Read 29984 times)
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:53:56 AM

Only kids think of this idea. I thought of this once and I was just a little kid. I grew and and found out that things that are plenty have lesser values and limited things have more values (although of course there are some other limited things that are useless, hence, making them valueless). Not only dollars, but all the currencies as well, they print out their currencies whenever they have to pay for debt from other countries.

It wouldn't be so surprising if America would print tons more of dollars because of their debt from China and other countries. America is in massive debt.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:11:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpW_KMHlAmo

Why borrow dollars and then pay back by printing them?

Why take the long way around?
If you understand the dynamics of the economy,you will know that when you print too many cash in the system, you will devalue the currency. Making it worthless point, take a look at the economy of Zimbabwe where people carry a chest filled with money just to buy food.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:15:54 PM

If you understand the dynamics of the economy,you will know that when you print too many cash in the system, you will devalue the currency. Making it worthless point, take a look at the economy of Zimbabwe where people carry a chest filled with money just to buy food.

Exactly, The OP must be a newbie in the field of economics . Zimbabwe is a perfect example of over print currency notes with less value. The More currency notes exists in a country, it creates a lot of gap between the rich and the poor. The poor becomes more poorer than before on uneven balance of currency in the country.
Limbor

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:16:29 PM

Exactly, The OP must be a newbie in the field of economics . Zimbabwe is a perfect example of over print currency notes with less value. The More currency notes exists in a country, it creates a lot of gap between the rich and the poor. The poor becomes more poorer than before on uneven balance of currency in the country.
If our countries print the same amount of money that will not be guaranteed by the gold reserve that is available, then any country can thus turn into Zimbabwe. But I think that the government does at least some steps to prevent this. Although in reality today the economy has died very hard and it seems to me that we are on the verge of a grandiose rascal.
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:21:43 PM

It's easy to say that "why not just print money/dollars?"

I don't understand economics before but when I was able to learn about this type of things. I realized that this will make a country into becoming poorer.

Just like in bitcoin, the lesser supply the higher value.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
Patsakkyy

Activity: 154

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:29:13 PM

I don't understand economics before but when I was able to learn about this type of things. I realized that this will make a country into becoming poorer.

It seems to me that today's price for Bitcoin is one of those opportunities that we can use to buy them more. The caustic price for Bitcoin will go up soon and what we can buy today will give us a very good return. I do not think he has dollars at all and even how to print them. This is generally a criminal case and I would not even have contacted it, so the topic is a bit troubling.

Fatanut
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:39:16 PM

Not necessarily "poorer", the currency simply will have lesser value. The ones that will be really affected are the people that live in that country. Without knowing at all, the prices of the goods and services go up because their fiat's purchasing power has went down, and in most places, it's constantly going down.

It seems to me that today's price for Bitcoin is one of those opportunities that we can use to buy them more. The caustic price for Bitcoin will go up soon and what we can buy today will give us a very good return. I do not think he has dollars at all and even how to print them. This is generally a criminal case and I would not even have contacted it, so the topic is a bit troubling.

There might be some news in your country about people printing out fake money by themselves but this topic is not about that. This topic is about the government printing more and more fiat currency (dollars) in order to solve financial problems of the country that they govern. And the answer is that the purchasing power of their currency will go down and it will go down even more as they print more.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:10:49 PM

I don't think there is a sense to the youtube video in the first place. If the United States of America has the power to print their own dollars why will they use it to pay their debts in the first place? Isn't is sarcastic as if they can they won't be having debts by now? The answer to that logic is of course the economy involve with it. When the U.S. overprints their currency the U.S. Dollar will surely depreciate in value because there is too much supply of their own currency. The country has the burden on controlling the value of their currency and at the same time figure out how many will they print back.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:12:59 PM

I don't think there is a sense to the youtube video in the first place. If the United States of America has the power to print their own dollars why will they use it to pay their debts in the first place? Isn't is sarcastic as if they can they won't be having debts by now? The answer to that logic is of course the economy involve with it. When the U.S. overprints their currency the U.S. Dollar will surely depreciate in value because there is too much supply of their own currency. The country has the burden on controlling the value of their currency and at the same time figure out how many will they print back.
If U.S prints a lot of USD. Then the price of bitcoin will goes down as you mentioned the logic the simple logic is that where always in economics where the money is print more than the price money goes down. USD is fit on the place where it is. If they print a lot of USD then they will lose their place in the world where it is.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:25:38 PM

Printing more dollars just adds to the inflation.

Your dollar will continue to be worth less and less as more is printed. They are printing dollars and using part of it to pay off debt for sure.

You better believe it. Since the FED was founded the dollar hs devalued by over 97%. Think of it in terms of this, think of how bad it would be it Bitcoin went from being worth 2,300 USD down to 2.3 USD. That is how bad the Dollar has been.
Fatanut
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:07:08 PM

If U.S prints a lot of USD. Then the price of bitcoin will goes down as you mentioned the logic the simple logic is that where always in economics where the money is print more than the price money goes down. USD is fit on the place where it is. If they print a lot of USD then they will lose their place in the world where it is.

The price of bitcoin will surely not go down as the value of dollar goes down. Let's assume the worst case scenario which is USD going hyper inflated. Bitcoin might even go up because Americans know of bitcoin and just a little bit of research and they will find out that it's good store of value. Bitcoin isn't dependent on USD, let alone the whole fiat system. Bitcoin can stand alone and even all of these fiat money gets hyper inflated (AKA dies), bitcoin will continue to live.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:38:02 PM

not a single country to print their currency as they wish.and if they will price it more and more then its value decrease. the two main reason the value of our currency is one is to print more that the allowed amount and the second is the illegal currency when their number exceed.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:38:06 PM

Absolutely right! If we look at printing more dollars from the economists’ point of view, we will figure out that such idiotic act is badly going to decrease the value of dollar in international market. Printing too much cash is of no good. The more cash is printed, the lesser is its worth. We have living examples of many countries who committed this mistake.
therewolfslim

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:43:27 PM

That's why many of us are here, right? Stupid people won't be able to print money when they want.
javalemcgee

Activity: 215

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:43:40 AM

Your dollar will continue to be worth less and less as more is printed. They are printing dollars and using part of it to pay off debt for sure.

You better believe it. Since the FED was founded the dollar hs devalued by over 97%. Think of it in terms of this, think of how bad it would be it Bitcoin went from being worth 2,300 USD down to 2.3 USD. That is how bad the Dollar has been.

That's the funniest thread ever, I've seen so far. I thoght people learn something about the economy in high school as well. Printing dollars only results a huge inflation which will trigger a serious world economic crysis. Nothing else. Inflation kills the economy.
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:54:52 AM

Because Bitcoin is a virtual currency, it is not material so we can not print or copy it. That is the essence of virtual currency. Besides, it has a limited amount to ensure that the market is stable and out of control
wolfgang56

Activity: 248

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:19:28 AM

Simply because there is a regulation where in the total supply of circulating money shouldn't increase so its value will remain the same and don't get devalued.

PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:28:44 AM

That's the funniest thread ever, I've seen so far. I thoght people learn something about the economy in high school as well. Printing dollars only results a huge inflation which will trigger a serious world economic crysis. Nothing else. Inflation kills the economy.

It does surprise how people miss that alternate currency gaining valuation has this effect as well. Merchandise cost is adjusted to total currency flowing towards it. These coins add to the dollar, and else, that's already in circulation.

The reason this looming inflation beast still lies in wait is not only due to its current lack of circulation, but also the market valuation for the whole not yet being terribly large. For now.

Currency of any flavor being added to a world with other currency can only add to inflation. What can cause deflation, instead, is having an excess supply of useful products.

Having a bit of inflation might even be for the best, but we are talking about going from somewhat high inflation into monstrous inflation here. The adjustments will be paid by those that least can afford it.
Vixmore

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:24:41 AM

We can clearly see that printing bitcoins is a stupid idea as all it results in is the complete inflation of the currency that is being printed such as USD. This has happened before after WW2 when Germany had a huge debt to pay back to the Allies, and the only way they could solve this was to print more money. This inflated the Mark so much that you needed a wheelbarrow full of money to buy a loaf of bread.

Maybe this is not the extent that things are happening these days, but it is sort of the direction we are heading to. The lovely thing about bitcoin is its capped supply limit, which will ensure that bitcoin retains its value while its popularity is growing at the same time.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:32:00 AM

Simply because there is a regulation where in the total supply of circulating money shouldn't increase so its value will remain the same and don't get devalued.

I've been thinking these in my high school days when we have talked about how money was made and how it was circulated. I've asked my teacher about it because for me it seems intriguing.
My classmates agreed on me while I'm telling the question and my teacher starts laughing. She told us what may happen if that will be the case, and yes, will cause a huge inflation and may cause a big crisis. E
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: