Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit-X is the worst bitcoin prepaid card ever  (Read 2436 times)
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1478

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:37:28 AM

Why would you use Bitcoin debit cards anyway? We have apps in our mobile phones for micro transactions. We don't need physical debit cards with high % fees.

Well how can you spend coins on your highstreet as nearly ever shop doesn't accept bitcoin. These cards just give you the option to spend your coins directly.

What's the point of paying with Bitcoin if you pay %3 to 10 fee per transaction? Bitcoin's slogan is send money worldwide with ALMOST ZERO fee.

they are talking about prepaid debt card not about bitcoin transaction fee, bitcoin transaction is still same like free but bitcoin to other bitcoin address so when you use 3rd party services you have to pay some fee for that.

What the heck are you talking about? What Bitcoin transaction fee? Read the conversation again. We are talking about 3rd party service fees here.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:05:59 PM

Quoting for visibility.

The title needs fixing too (it's a debit card not a prepaid card like advcash or e-coin).

Could you elaborate on why the things you wrote are a problem for you? I'll be able to write more and clear up some issues once I'm off mobile but for now, a few things to note:

E-coin fees are the same (or even higher) than bit-x fees (and it's not a debit card but rather a prepaid card). The usual monthly fees (and even inactive monthly fees) do not exist on the bit-x card! As it's clear, other fees apply and can be seen on the card guide page (https://bit-x.com/guide/bitx-cards). Which of those do you find too high? Of course, different people will have different opinions on these fees (which have been lowered recently, and will most likely continue dropping). Wouldn't all consumers like free services (especially so in this kind of economy)? I would. However, business costs are still a thing (until everyone accepts BTC) Tongue.

I've used all four (main) BTC card services, Bit-x, Xapo, E-coin and Advcash. The last 2 being prepaid cards. From my experiences with each (I've tested each quite well) bit-x and Xapo offer the most competitive deal, a debit card that allows you to keep your balance in BTC instead of having to exchange funds and preload the card (which isn't anything special). They're also quite competitive to other BTC exchanging services like Localbitcoin cash trades or even services which deposit fiat into your bank account, in regards to fees and convenience.

If you have any other opinions on the card please do write them here or even to the site support, but let's try to keep discussions or debates civilised. Smiley I don't own Bit-X.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: