Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:54:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-07-31] Rand Paul Staffer Estimates $33,000 Raised In BTC By Mid-June  (Read 927 times)
IanDeMartino (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:56:39 PM

http://www.miningpool.co.uk/rand-paul-staffer-estimates-campaign-raised-33000-in-btc-mid-june/

Tips: 1BJXcqnQyQipwo5ft1WzZpV3qJGEDE2JkP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 04:50:29 AM

not bad for such a small BTC community Cool

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 11:18:41 AM

Wouldn't it be funny if they held it and the price went up dramatically before the elections? Cheesy
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 02:29:51 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if they held it and the price went up dramatically before the elections? Cheesy
They use Bitpay to collect bitcoin donations so I don't think that they hold any bitcoin. Bitpay probably auto converts into USD and send its to his campaign bank account. It would surprise me if he holds any bitcoin in an address that he controls.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:13:23 PM

I sure hope Rand and team have a way to set themselves apart in the upcoming debates cause this Trump show needs to be put back in the bag. Rand needs to reconnect to the conservative primary GOP base instead of running in general election mode too soon.
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:34:50 AM

As soon as politicians understand that true potential of bitcoin, they will all be suddenly interested...
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 12:43:19 AM

not bad for such a small BTC community Cool

They use Bitpay to collect bitcoin donations so I don't think that they hold any bitcoin. Bitpay probably auto converts into USD and send its to his campaign bank account. It would surprise me if he holds any bitcoin in an address that he controls.

If I ran Bitpay, I would hold the BTC donated to Rand's campaign that we converted to USD, then sell it when USD/BTC went up, and donate the difference between what we paid Rand in USD and the USD we finally sold it for.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:47:08 AM

not bad for such a small BTC community Cool

If I ran Bitpay, I would hold the BTC donated to Rand's campaign that we converted to USD, then sell it when USD/BTC went up, and donate the difference between what we paid Rand in USD and the USD we finally sold it for.
Good idea, get a decent trader like masterluc or someone to join their squad and run some trades w/ their intakes of bitcoin to grab some decent profits w/ ~10%ish of their daily take or even less and see what they can do on a biweekly basis. If they can run profits on a small sample of intakes then let them keep it w/ a slight reimbursement and go for more. Just thinking out loud but Bitpay could keep fiat after the fact and then some for a larger profit margin. In the case of Rand's campaign, the tricky part is the campaign finance aspect of this whole thought but I'm sure there's a positive a way around it (to offer them back some trade profits) yet I know they don't give a hill of beans about this whole potential move, just what they take in in "play'' money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: