Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:33:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: The End of Money as We Know It | Full Movie  (Read 1925 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:30:31 PM

so they released it for free, i remember it was available for $5 or 6, i think it's better for them if they can partner with youtube and gain on the viewers instead of charging money for it

cool movie nonetheless

No they did not. Have a look at the comments. The first one is from Torsten. He is not happy about that at all.
But what shall he do? It's already available on torrents. And the more often the video gets deleted at youtube, the more often it will be uploaded.
Furthermore I agree. His distribution model could have been better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:30:53 PM

Think the lead maker of this film is pretty pissed it got uploaded to youtube for free while its still for sale. Shouldnt imagine that link will be up for long.
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:33:25 PM

Great documentary ... will see and will send my opinion and feedback
bitcart

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

www.bitcart.io

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 01:38:26 PM

Worthwhile documentary. They have some good shots. It's a shame that they're charging for it particularly as a lot of the footage was donated to them by various people on youtube. So it's disappointing that in turn they charge and they could've instead opted for their own youtube channel for revenue.

Well worth a watch and consider donating for sure Smiley

www.bitcart.io
Bitcart - spend bitcoins online and save!
Buy Amazon gift cards with bitcoin and save up to 20% off
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:56:32 PM

Worthwhile documentary. They have some good shots. It's a shame that they're charging for it particularly as a lot of the footage was donated to them by various people on youtube. So it's disappointing that in turn they charge and they could've instead opted for their own youtube channel for revenue.

Yeah, if the point is making Bitcoin more known the Documentary should be free and the money would come from advertisement revenue from Youtube adsense or whatever. By charging you just guarantee that few people see it compared to the ad alternative.
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:20:15 PM

Yeah, if the point is making Bitcoin more known the Documentary should be free and the money would come from advertisement revenue from Youtube adsense or whatever. By charging you just guarantee that few people see it compared to the ad alternative.

I don't think it is charging to watch it though is it? I just watched it for free. If you watch it to the end it asks for donations if you liked the film. Strangely though, it doesn't give a link or a QR code.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:26:57 PM

so they released it for free, i remember it was available for $5 or 6, i think it's better for them if they can partner with youtube and gain on the viewers instead of charging money for it

cool movie nonetheless

No they did not. Have a look at the comments. The first one is from Torsten. He is not happy about that at all.
But what shall he do? It's already available on torrents. And the more often the video gets deleted at youtube, the more often it will be uploaded.

yeah i see, but i mean if they get enough view the autor can donate something to the owner of the video and everyone would be happy
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:31:49 PM

I don't think it is charging to watch it though is it? I just watched it for free. If you watch it to the end it asks for donations if you liked the film. Strangely though, it doesn't give a link or a QR code.

It is a pirated copy. Hence, if they are asking for donation at the end, it is not going to the actual producer/director.

TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:41:59 PM

It is a pirated copy. Hence, if they are asking for donation at the end, it is not going to the actual producer/director.

the updated OP now links to a message from the production assistant with the donation address
anyways, if anyone wants to donate https://theendofmoneyasweknowit.wordpress.com/2014/05/04/donate/
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:47:11 PM

thanks for the link to the movie, its absolutely a great show and very informative Cheesy
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:48:21 PM

Is this a new movie? Has anyone watched it yet or any reviews? 
What is the production quality like?
Thanks for the link I will have to check it out later.

i watched it the other night.. its definetly as described above.. teaching people all about how money works and how fiat has failed us, and does it in normal conversation form. (no geek speak).

so it wont baffle you with science but is a good intro to economics and bitcoin. even i would be willing to tell noobs i know to watch it. as its not a blatant bitcoin advert. it shows the principles of the whole economy and why bitcoin is a better economic system. without going into any of the profitability stuff.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:04:12 PM

i watched it the other night.. its definetly as described above.. teaching people all about how money works and how fiat has failed us, and does it in normal conversation form. (no geek speak).

so it wont baffle you with science but is a good intro to economics and bitcoin. even i would be willing to tell noobs i know to watch it. as its not a blatant bitcoin advert. it shows the principles of the whole economy and why bitcoin is a better economic system. without going into any of the profitability stuff.

But the problem is people or at least average joes don't perceive that "fiat has failed on them". As long as people keep their salaries so they can buy bullshit on malls i don't see the necessity of BTC for them. The true potential of BTC is in less obvious ways and in developing countries.
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:53:55 PM

But the problem is people or at least average joes don't perceive that "fiat has failed on them". As long as people keep their salaries so they can buy bullshit on malls i don't see the necessity of BTC for them. The true potential of BTC is in less obvious ways and in developing countries.

People with white collar job wont feel the need of bitcoin till they feel stressed by tax burden or locked by capital control.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 08:47:54 PM

Pretty good movie, production values are fine.

BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 12:22:20 AM

Just stumbled upon it. Watch now... before it is taken down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-weYwiDOSeg

Thanks for the link. Watched it. Liked it. Learned a little more about the fiat system. Scary. Wink

Regards,
Christopher

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:40:13 AM

honestly giving it more exposure on youtube might even increase sales. If it was really well made, anyway.

(Not implying that it isn't; I haven't watched it yet)
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:22:47 AM

woo, this film comes true after a few discussion since last year. Bitcoins holders will embrace this film, how about others? Will they like to watch this, for it is a bit longer.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:03:10 AM

great documentary movie
i like this,i want to show to my friends and watch it together
thank you so much for the link Smiley
GermanGiant (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:14:15 PM

great documentary movie
i like this,i want to show to my friends and watch it together
thank you so much for the link Smiley
Unfortunately you can not. The video has been taken down.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:37:17 PM

cool movie nonetheless

I think it's impossible to profit from digital content anymore beyond ad revenue and donations. People are always going to pirate your stuff, it just too easy nowadays and people are too poor in general to spend money in anything that isn't 100% necessary. Unfortunately this is a fact and it is what it is. Most musicians make all the money from live events because people are pirating their music except the real fans.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: