Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:05:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FS: Cascade Hop Rhyzomes 2 for FREE!  (Read 2118 times)
AndrewK (OP)

Activity: 819
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:49:06 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 11:33:48 AM by AndrewK

So I have a couple of these left and I don't want them to go to waste. Accordingly they are now free. You just have to pay shipping in bitcoin or litecoin!

Shipping on 2 should be about $5 as I have to ship them in a flat rate box.

Thanks guys!

Additional Info:

These will be 4 inchs long and nickle sized in diameter(not the crappy 3 inch twigs that homebrew stores sell sometimes). If I can't fill every order with nickle diameter I will put 2 or 3 smaller diameter rhyzomes instead of one.

They will be packaged in a small padded envelope with a small cool pack. You will then need to put them in a plastic baggy in the fridge untill after the first frost in spring when you should plant them. They need to be semi damp as well and will be shipped as such... Don't dry them out completely or you won't get runners coming off the rhyzomes while they hang out in your fridge over winter.

I am thinking 2 rhyzomes for 1 btc... This includes shipping in the continental US. I may ship to other countries (Canada and Mexico come to mind) but you will have to contact me first and may have to pay additional shipping.

I am selling these in fall instead of Spring so that I can get a handle on demand. I will only sell half of the rhyzomes now on here. The other half I will sell locally in North Carolina during the spring.

Please post comments and whether you are interested/how many you might want. I will discount larger orders.

Thanks guys,
Andrew

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 12:29:12 AM

I might be interested in this.  What is the typical grow time from rhizome to fruit bearing plant?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 04:57:55 AM

You can get an ounce or so of hops your first year(per plant). Usually its your second and third year that they are established enough to produce a lb or more, dry weight. This all depends on your setup. I can send you some info if you'd like... there is also alot of good info on the web.

segabtc

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 05:55:25 PM

Hollar when you have these ready, I am definately interested in a couple packs of these.
AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 01:30:52 PM

^ awesome dude!

AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 06:49:48 PM

Bump.

AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 02:14:58 AM

Had a little interest... need some more make it worth packagin', I could do 10 rhyzomes for 5 btc shipped if someone wanted that many.

Looking at about a month before they are ready.

Thanks,

Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:53:12 AM

I am still interested but think I will wait until the right time of year to start. Just to give myself the best chance at success.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:57:49 AM

I understand your misgivings... But alot(most if not all) rhyzomes you buy are pruned in the fall and put in a fridge/cellar untill spring when they are sold at local homebrew stores.

If you are worried about anything it would most likely be shipping which is going to be a worry whether you buy in fall or spring.

Even so, I understand and I hope to have some to sell both fall and spring.

Smiley

Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 11:44:45 AM

Thanks for the info. Let us know how your harvest goes.  Cheesy

AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 09:11:43 PM

I have many cascade Rhyzomes available. 1btc for two shipped.

I also have the Main part of several plants that I could ship. They have 6-8 main lines coming off of them and would someones best bet to produce a good yield of dry weight in hops from a season.

I can send pics to those interested. They'd probably be BTC4 each with shipping included.

Thanks guys!

AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:50:18 PM

bump

Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:05:11 PM

What is current pricing?

AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:47:02 PM

$10 in BTC for 2 shipped.

$20 in BTC for 6 shipped.

Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:56:11 PM

Are you still parting with the main parts of plants?  How much?

AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 09:21:39 PM

$30 for the main rhyzome with 6 or 8 shoots coming off of it.

Cablez
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:45:08 AM

PM sent.

AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:35:38 PM

^Replied!  Grin

AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 07:48:19 PM

Sent this message to another customer... thought it'd be useful. By no means a full guide and anyone that is interested in growing these should do their own research.

Some quick pointers:

They grow up to 30 feet tall so plant them accordingly. Additionally depending on the variety, only the top 2/3 of the plant produces cones so you want to give them enough space to climb.

Also planting on a southern facing wall so that they can get as much light as possible throughout the day is a good idea.

After the first season, the Rhizome will have had enough time to send down a tap root to the water table. For the first season however, you will need to water regularly, especially when its hot. Because of how much foliage they get they tend to need a lot of water, especially if placed in full sun. Even after the first season watering regularly is a good idea.

Finding some good organic fertilizer is a good idea. I prefer worm castings. You may want to test your soil and adjust the pH with bone meal or blood meal. You will need to look up these values and dosing online. Generally though just having a good idea of what the soil in your region consists of will be enough.

I also like to put some mulch over the mound. I usually plant my rhizomes about 4 inchs deep including the mulch. I re-fertilize and re-mulch every year.

You will need to prune the root system every couple of years. Especially if you don't want them over taking a wall completely or moving out into your yard.

Hope this helps and please fill free to ask any other questions you may have.

Andrew

AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:50:46 PM

End of weekend bump!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: