Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:54:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66702 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
prospecta

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:45:43 AM

4000 BTC with an 800 BTC min sell to proceed...wuahahahahahahaha!!!!

This isn't May 2014, ICO's are a 50 BTC scam at best now. Grin

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:53:15 AM

And you know what's ironic? Promising a non-removable content and free speech coin in a moderated thread. Talk about hypocrite there. And a bunch of pussy too with being anonymous. Bunch of pussy.

Kudos to syntaks though for opening up that he's one of the developer.

and whats stopping this anonymous owner of r3d coin simply running with the 4000 btc??

throw a few btc at the developers to seem legit then run wit 4000.

simple, no one knows who you are. not even your developers. most likely moolah.

The Owner of R3D Jared or stoner19 has been outlined in the CFC guidelines here https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207166757
locohammerhead

Activity: 530

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:36:03 AM

WE DON'T CARE IF IT'S LEGIT - IT'S TOO FUCKIN' EXPENSIVE.

It would be nice for you to explain why you believe it is too expensive, instead of just internet yelling like a child would.  Now that we have an idea of who the team is, the amount they are asking for makes sense.

Stoner19 since this is a long term project.  In your opinion about how long do you believe it will take to accomplish the goals outlined?

stoner19 (OP)

Activity: 752

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:39:29 PM

WE DON'T CARE IF IT'S LEGIT - IT'S TOO FUCKIN' EXPENSIVE.

It would be nice for you to explain why you believe it is too expensive, instead of just internet yelling like a child would.  Now that we have an idea of who the team is, the amount they are asking for makes sense.

Stoner19 since this is a long term project.  In your opinion about how long do you believe it will take to accomplish the goals outlined?

We're going to include everything we can in the first release, but priority is getting it out on the promised deadline. From there it will be an indefinite ongoing development and new features rolled out as they are complete. Today and tomorrow will be heavy code-work days so I expect some updates by this time tomorrow and will fill everyone in.

Regarding everyone's concern about the valuation and r3d being "too expensive," I'll provide some nice examples with statistics of existing platforms that could utilize the r3d core which should help to clear everything up about why 4,000,000,000 supply was chosen and why the opening CFC price is 100 satoshi.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:59:10 PM

Interesting project. Good luck guys Smiley

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:35:14 PM

A big part of the details that people are missed or misreading here are the terms for a successful CFC.

r3d CFC will be considered fulfilled and successful if a MINIMUM of 802,000,000 r3d purchased before CFC closing. Maximum valuation of the r3d CFC is capped at 4,000,000,000 coins sold at 100 satoshi each.
stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:51:11 PM

countdown to client release has been created

FACKYOU1

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:32:50 PM

FUCK YOU AND GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK! YOU TALK LIKE A BOT. WE THE COMMUNITY HAD ENOUGH OF SCAM ARTISTS LIKE YOU. GO AND TAKE YOUR SHIT WITH YOU!

http://coverize.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/go-away.jpg
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:52:00 PM

FUCK YOU AND GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK! YOU TALK LIKE A BOT. WE THE COMMUNITY HAD ENOUGH OF SCAM ARTISTS LIKE YOU. GO AND TAKE YOUR SHIT WITH YOU!

You is who? It doesn't make much sense to spam many Threads with that, without adressing who exactly you mean...
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:32:35 AM

I've scanned a few of these posts but didnt read them all (especially not that wall of text syntaks posted! Wink ).

I've had a few things typed out and erased them all. I'll just say this, I trust Stoner19 and Syntaks a lot. So much in fact that after reading what this is about I will be putting them in contact with some people that will hopefully fund their project. I think this has a tremendous amount of potential to actually utilize the technology and not get raped by the greedy masses.

This is NOT a "coin", this is a way to utilize the technology. Unfortunately there are a lot of people here that can not see this.

Andrew

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
FACKYOU1

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:20:14 AM

http://coverize.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/go-away.jpg
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:20:01 AM

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
niki25
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:46:07 AM

Will be watching, interesting ideas. But i think the ipo is a bit overpriced.
Good luck  Smiley.
locohammerhead

Activity: 530

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:14:04 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 03:45:48 PM by locohammerhead

Now that all of my questions have been answered I'm in like Justin Verlander is in Kate Upton.  (or like I would be if given the chance)

stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:14:32 PM

We found an article on slashdot that I'd like to share with everyone. http://yro.slashdot.org/story/15/08/05/1454231/china-to-plant-internet-police-in-top-online-firms

Websites based in China already have to abide by strict provisions for online censorship, and will often delete any content deemed offensive by government censors. But under a new plan announced Tuesday by the Ministry of Public Security security forces will be placed at the offices of the country's major websites, so that they can quickly respond to suspected online crimes. No specific companies were mentioned in the statement put out by the Ministry, but the country's biggest Internet firms include Alibaba Group, Baidu and Tencent.

The reason this is relevant to R3D and everything we're building pertains to censorship. On a platform using r3d's core none of this information can be deleted or censored by any anyone, government entities included, thus the basis of why we're doing this. Censorship is one of the biggest problems we all face today. By writing pertinent information to a blockchain that cannot be removed it frees us from this censorship. We're certainly not condoning any anti-government actions here, only developing a platform where people can speak freely without worrying about being censored, and creating it in such a way that makes it easy for anyone and everyone use.

Again, I want to be clear here, I'm not writing this nor is any of this being developed as a means of promoting anti-government action, protests, rhetoric, etc., only new means of preventing censorship. What you chose to use the r3d core for is up to you and your imagination. It could be anything from a Love Boat chat forum to a Wikileaks mirror, to a reddit-style site focusing on chocolate covered bugs. It's entirely up to you how its applied.
TruthbTold

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:21:15 PM

I like the idea, I will continue watching
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 10:26:38 PM

I sure hope you've got some marketing planned cause this is on a long trip to nowhere.

stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:38:14 PM

It seems that most are concerned about our MAX sellout price along with the total r3d supply.

Let's do some math here to outline why we chose these numbers. We'll start with gathering some data from some popular sites.

Reddit
registered users: 36,136,190
subreddits: 688,164
posts in 24 hours: 52,117
comments in 24 hours: 469,987
up votes in 24 hours: 4,401,080
down votes in 24 hours: 702,349
(note: *24 hour statistics are averages from 10 years of data)

Facebook
active users in 24 hours: 968,000,000
pages: 54,200,000

Wikipedia
pages: 5,033,044

Bitcointalk
users: 526251
threads: 464804

WikiLeaks
docs: 251,287

Now, lets say that these platforms were built on r3d core. At our current proposed fee structure outlined in the ANN, Reddit alone would utilize a total of 126,476,665,000 r3d just for account registrations. Keep in mind that this is not all at one time (since total supply is 4,000,000,000). These are total registered users. that is 126,476,665,000 r3d worth of fees earned by miners. At 100 satoshi per r3d that is over 126,475 BTC recirculated directly from a single deployed application directly to the miners. Again, these numbers aren't even taking into consideration the number of posts or up/down votes. And as we all know more and more people are using the internet in addition to services like these and social media. There is nothing but massive room for growth and adoption for r3d's usability.

What is raised through our CFC is to be paid to the development team for ongoing features as a full-time development job.

references:
http://www.redditblog.com/2015/06/happy-10th-birthday-to-us-celebrating.html
http://redditmetrics.com/
http://expandedramblings.com/index.php/reddit-stats/
http://investor.fb.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=924562
http://expandedramblings.com/index.php/by-the-numbers-17-amazing-facebook-stats/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Statistics
http://www.statisticbrain.com/facebook-statistics/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats
http://lebanonspring.com/2011/06/01/wikileaks-interesting-statistics/

*note some statistics are averages taken from 10 years of data
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 10:45:38 PM

Alright, so you've highlighted some of the largest websites there are.

How do you plan to get there?  (Hint: it's not all about the tech)

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:11:49 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 02:52:48 AM by tempus

The more I think about this the more interesting it is to me. The first point: I mentioned several times in several posts that I believe that the future of Crypto will be a combination of financial system and social-network. And one problem of Crypto is: It's mostly focused on the paymentsystem-aspect and there are already 500 and more Coins and maybe just Bitcoin is really used.

Crypto as a payment system has huge potential and I'm pretty sure it will change the financial system and go mainstream (I mean it in general, Blockchain-Technology). Most of the currently existing Altcoins have just one use: Trading - buy and sell with the aim for profit. And I don't mean that critical in any way. I like that game.

But: What is interesting about this idea and kind of paradox if I understand it right: Because it's not so focused on the financial aspect it could be a good buy if it should unfold (don't know if it's the right word) a dynamic to a social-network or be used in a social network. And: With it's own inherent economy. That's very interesting as well! And if I say "interesting" I absolutely mean interesting as an investment.

To quote TheMage:

(...)

This is NOT a "coin", this is a way to utilize the technology. Unfortunately there are a lot of people here that can not see this.

What do people all the time? Communicate. What do we here and everywhere in the Internet? Communicate... But everywhere there is "somebody" who can make and change the rules. And so it would bring indeed something new and something that would be used now if it would be already here. It's worth to think about it! Would it be used if it would already exist? I would say the answer is "Yes". That's different to most of all the other projects.

But: Would it be possible to bring such an idea into existence without a CFC? Maybe yes, if rich people would be behind it, enough time to code something like this in their 24-hours-a-day-freetime and to pay PR for it out of their pocket. But would rich people start something like this? I doubt that! And one fact in Crypto is in my opinion: It maybe doesn't need money to start something. But it needs some money to start a dynamic and to let it grow.

And I believe that we see here something like a misunderstanding. I have the advantage to know Stoner. Therefore I had no doubt it's legit. My questions was more: What the hell is this? And "is it possible to develop?" I'm not sure I completely understand it now. But I'm sure the most people focus to much on the CFC and claiming it would be "expensive" or even it could be a Scam. And I know Syntaks. He posted his statement (whoever doesn't know it, read it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1141617.msg12046250#msg12046250) and now there are no more Scam-Accusations and it's obvious that there are very skilled Devs behind it. But some still believing it's too expensive. And that's simply not true if you compare it to Supernet or Blocknet and some other known ICOs. It's cheap. And in my eyes: This idea has more potential. It also has more potential reach something like a "self-dynamic".

What's the problem? I believe it would have been good to announce it 2-3 weeks before the CFC and to give people more time to understand that this is not just another Coin. Maybe it was the "ninja-announcement-CFC" ;-)  ...that brought up some concerns (and accusations).

To sum it up, just my perspective: At this moment it's unpredictable if the CFC will reach the minimum to be considered as a success. But if not, it should have a second chance in some way. And it absolutely needs more attention. It doesn't get the attention it deserves.

If I would be the Boss of this I would have made a CFC before the CFC to make money for PR for the CFC! ;-))
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: