Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:17:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66702 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:39:51 PM

Stoner, you must be smoking some good stuff if you managed to come up with something like this. 800 btc?.. your eyes must be all r3d LOL.. or is it 8 btc?..

Seriously though, if your project is as good as you claim it is why don't you list it on kickstarter for example

I'd agree with the fact perhaps this wasn't the best place to seek investment or audience provided it's not a "trader's coin".  This forum has just become a hub for crypto-related projects, announcements and the likes.  Have any other projects gone through kickstarter that were in the same realm?

Best regards,

syntaks

I'd agree with the fact perhaps this wasn't the best place to seek investment or audience provided it's not a "trader's coin".

Well if you agree then why you re-listed here?

This forum has just become a hub for crypto-related projects, announcements and the likes.

You forgot to add the scammers playground...

Have any other projects gone through kickstarter that were in the same realm?

No, because they all turned out/turning out to be scams designed to enrich the creators.

Would you mind braking down the 2000 BTC you're asking for? How did you come up with such amount, what are you intend to use it for exactly?

It wasn't a matter of launching another campaign, it was a matter of restarting the existing one.  It costs to run a CFC at Bittrex, so after paying to list it wouldn't make much sense to just cancel it.  As far as the scammer's playground, I couldn't agree more with you.  I read some horror stories about kickstarter-funded campaigns and that's ridiculous.  Some were even worse than what I've seen happen in crypto.  Regarding the financial breakdown, that's more an area for Jared to discuss.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thank you for answering. Kickstarter was just an example, there are other crowd-funding sites out there you could potentially use to attract bigger investors. It would probably sell out in 2 days (if everything was listed legitimately and as transparent as possible). Saying that, I think if this is executed properly and professionally, Bittrex may still help achieve your goal.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
st4nl3y
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:45:12 PM

Would you mind braking down the 2000 BTC you're asking for? How did you come up with such amount, what are you intend to use it for exactly?

If a minimum of 800,000,000 R3D are sold (800 BTC) I would be able to continue to pay syntaks and the rest of the team to work on this project full-time, rather than in between contract work and "when time allows." We want R3D to continue moving at a rapid pace, get people to start working with the core and developing new applications, and a successful CFC will allow us to do this. Should the CFC be successful we'll allocate some of those funds to continue marketing campaigns as well in order to reach a broader target audience. There are a lot of developers out there that could very much benefit from this, and the R3D community will benefit from other's development, creation, and application on the core source. Keep in mind that what isn't sold is burned. There isn't some percentage off the top that we keep unbeknownst to everyone (Bittrex would never release funds to us if we did that anyway because we didn't announce it), nor will there ever be any new R3D in circulation. What R3D is sold during the CFC is all that will ever be in circulation. We went with Bittrex for this CFC with full intention of being clear and upfront about out intentions and legitimacy. Bittrex no longer allows for anonymous CFCs, nor will they release raised BTC to us until AFTER they review the source and test the blockchain.

Again thanks for extensive reply but it's not really what I expected, let me try again. Would you mind braking down 2000BTC or even 800BTC as in how much is expected to go towards what and why? For ex. how much are you paying syntaks and other developers, how many developers are you planning to employ, for what and for how long? How much are you allocating towards marketing campaigns, where and over what period of time? Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be fussy or something, I am considering investing and I assume that with such high value project you must have created business plan then calculated and re-checked. You didn't just come up with that amount out of nowhere thinking it should be enough right? Not with 2000BTC, or even minimum 800BTC. It's a lot of money even at current rates.

Bittrex no longer allows for anonymous CFCs

Does that mean you provided Bittrex with your real identity?
yak

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 07:47:10 PM

the max they are asking for is 4000btc

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
stoner19 (OP)

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:51:19 PM

Thank you for answering. Kickstarter was just an example, there are other crowd-funding sites out there you could potentially use to attract bigger investors. It would probably sell out in 2 days (if everything was listed legitimately and as transparent as possible). Saying that, I think if this is executed properly and professionally, Bittrex may still help achieve your goal.  

Sites like kickstarter and gofundme have very strict policies about crypto campaigns. Not many that I've seen support or are willing to support anything crypto-related, but that's not to say that we're not actively seeking more options, as we certainly are.
stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:53:18 PM

Yes sir. Photo ID required and all.
yak

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 07:54:17 PM

Sites like kickstarter and gofundme have very strict policies about crypto campaigns. Not many that I've seen support or are willing to support anything crypto-related, but that's not to say that we're not actively seeking more options, as we certainly are.

their rake is also astronomical.. kickstarter takes like what.. 30% when its all said and done?
edit: looks like its 3% +20cents/pledge and 5%from the campaign itself.. not sure what other costs there are after that, but that would mean for 1million dollars they take (not counting the per pledge cents) 80grand

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
yak

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 07:59:09 PM

is it free to list on bittrex? how do they make money off of this? through fees or something?

stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:02:19 PM

is it free to list on bittrex? how do they make money off of this? through fees or something?

Definitely not free, nor cheap. They require a 5 BTC non-refundable deposit up front and 2.5 BTC upon closing of CFC. They'll make money off of the non-refundable deposits as well as standard trade fees.

Details on Bittrex's CFC policy can be seen here: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202653984-Crowd-Funding-Your-Coin-Development
stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:13:34 PM

Is stuff like that that is one of the many many reasons we're making r3d: http://yro.slashdot.org/story/15/08/24/0526252/proposed-rules-would-require-govt-registration-for-malaysian-press-sites

It's not the "verifiability" of what's written by news and media outlets thats we're questioning, it's the fact that they're not able to do so freely. Use r3d's core to create a public news source for the people and it will always remain FOR THE PEOPLE. The point here is that it's written to the blockchain so there isn't a thing that can be done to fully remove/prevent/hide it.
gioma

Activity: 294

???

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:29:41 PM

Is stuff like that that is one of the many many reasons we're making r3d: http://yro.slashdot.org/story/15/08/24/0526252/proposed-rules-would-require-govt-registration-for-malaysian-press-sites

It's not the "verifiability" of what's written by news and media outlets thats we're questioning, it's the fact that they're not able to do so freely. Use r3d's core to create a public news source for the people and it will always remain FOR THE PEOPLE. The point here is that it's written to the blockchain so there isn't a thing that can be done to fully remove/prevent/hide it.

+1 this is amazing, keep it up dev.
st4nl3y
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:36:52 PM

the max they are asking for is 4000btc

Oh right yes, it's 4000BTC, thanks. Not sure why I thought it's 2000BTC, haven't seen so many zero's in altcoin section since the beginning of scams times, it got me confused Wink

Could you answer my question regarding break down of 4000BTC?

Would you mind braking down 2000BTC 4000BTC or even 800BTC as in how much is expected to go towards what and why? For ex. how much are you paying syntaks and other developers, how many developers are you planning to employ, for what and for how long? How much are you allocating towards marketing campaigns, where and over what period of time? Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be fussy or something, I am considering investing and I assume that with such high value project you must have created business plan then calculated and re-checked. You didn't just come up with that amount out of nowhere thinking it should be enough right? Not with 2000BTC 4000BTC, or even minimum 800BTC. It's a lot of money even at current rates.

Also do you mind providing a link to either coinssource.com or cryptocerify.com verification? I don't see any links in OP

Thanks

goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:38:51 PM

I know this sounds like hyperbole but this project really could be one of those game changers if it ends up being developed and used.

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:06:19 PM

Fund allocation is dependent on how much is raised during the CFC. The majority of what is raised will be used to pay for full-time developers salary.

Would you mind braking down 2000BTC 4000BTC or even 800BTC as in how much is expected to go towards what and why? For ex. how much are you paying syntaks and other developers, how many developers are you planning to employ, for what and for how long? How much are you allocating towards marketing campaigns, where and over what period of time? Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be fussy or something, I am considering investing and I assume that with such high value project you must have created business plan then calculated and re-checked. You didn't just come up with that amount out of nowhere thinking it should be enough right? Not with 2000BTC 4000BTC, or even minimum 800BTC. It's a lot of money even at current rates.

Also do you mind providing a link to either coinssource.com or cryptocerify.com verification? I don't see any links in OP

Thanks

I already have somewhat of a history with bittrex (positive history to be clear) so they've given approval to use my PoD rating from CryptoAsian (Rating is a 5+ out of 5). http://proofofdev.com/shibe-shibecoin/
CFC details can be found here: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207166757-R3D-CrowdFund-Campaign
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:40:37 PM

People need to get the word out about this project. Although I haven't bought R3D (yet) I've help the cause and tweeted it. I decided to aim my 2 tweets at @WIRED and #FinTech

More people should do the same! GL to R3D project
stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:43:58 PM

People need to get the word out about this project. Although I haven't bought R3D (yet) I've help the cause and tweeted it. I decided to aim my 2 tweets at @WIRED and #FinTech

More people should do the same! GL to R3D project

That's a phenomenal tweet! Thank you! If anyone is looking to follow us or tag us our twitter account is @getr3d.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 10:59:38 PM

"free our creative minds from the shackles of censorship"  Grin Grin (never been able to pass that line in the OP)
come on seriously....  Grin

freeing our creative minds from the shackles of censorship: 4000btc
reading that kind of non sense: priceless  Grin

...for the rest there are (still) a few dev, who don't ask for 4000btc to free us from censorship...  based on 1 page of html...

by the way a moderated thread for something which should free us from the shackles of censorship is highly ironic...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
yak

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 11:03:48 PM

...for the rest there are (still) a few dev, whon't don't ask for 4000btc to free us from censorship...  based on 1 page of html...

yea, the ones who come to syntaks for help when their shit breaks and they can't fix it.

by the way a moderated thread for something which should free us from the shackles of censorship is highly ironic...

you mean the irony of your post being approved? pretty sure this horse has been beaten to death djm34.. perhaps you should read some of the thread before repeating nonsense

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 11:13:15 PM

...for the rest there are (still) a few dev, whon't don't ask for 4000btc to free us from censorship...  based on 1 page of html...

yea, the ones who come to syntaks for help when their shit breaks and they can't fix it.

you mean the irony of your post being approved? pretty sure this horse has been beaten to death djm34.. perhaps you should read some of the thread before repeating nonsense

I mean the irony of speaking about censorship when the thread is moderated and allow the OP to delete any post he wants... sound like a bit like censorship...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
yak

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 11:17:11 PM

I mean the irony of speaking about censorship when the thread is moderated and allow the OP to delete any post he wants... sound like a bit like censorship...

you do know what censorship is... don't you? read the rest of the thread on this before posting stupid shit Tongue

i publicly challenge you right now to find any censorship on their part in this thread.

st4nl3y
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Fund allocation is dependent on how much is raised during the CFC. The majority of what is raised will be used to pay for full-time developers salary.

Thanks

I already have somewhat of a history with bittrex (positive history to be clear) so they've given approval to use my PoD rating from CryptoAsian (Rating is a 5+ out of 5). http://proofofdev.com/shibe-shibecoin/
CFC details can be found here: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207166757-R3D-CrowdFund-Campaign

What? Really? You took over and then abandoned Shibe like it was nothing but a quick p&d coin, which it was actually. What happened to your promises Jared? What happened to the Shibecoin development you were so determined to work on? You are spending so much time here answering questions but you completely ignore people in Shibecoin thread you left bagholding with nothing more than empty promises! Block explorer is down, website is down, Shibe is completely dead and constantly being de-listed from Bittrex. Is that how you care about your supporters? and now you come up with 4000BTC CFC like nothing happened? better yet you don't even know what you're planning to spend it on? Full-time developers salary you say? Fucking hell man, are you hiring Scott Guthrie? This must be a joke and you really have a weird sense of humour. I'm well out!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: