Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66715 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stoner19 (OP)

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:04:37 PM

Somebody explain to me just how the fuck could bittrex hold a buywall near at 100sat after the ico? There are potentially 800btc worth of R3d investors eager to get their money worth, some even panic selling from the start for sure... The WHOLE volume in bittrex is now 640 BTC. Do you except investors just appear from thin air after the ico to buy at the ico price or higher? Wtf? But i like what you're doing guys, keep up the good coding   Smiley

most people with any sense whatsoever will see that holding r3d and fostering the growth in r3d's network is way smarter... do you really think that if it reaches 800btc or more 800btc or more of it will be selling instantly?

is this a joke?

Nope, of course not, there have always been and will always be a big ratio of bagholders with EVERY coin who will say holding long term will be much smarter. As well as there will be big ratio of high frequency traders... Maybe you guys just don't sell then, that would be cool... I am just thinking where should i put my buy order.

cant really have a big ratio of both right
as far as where you should put your buy order i would have no idea, however many coins it launches with are how many coins total that will ever be made... no stupid pos interest rate.. no insanely high block reward driving the miners to dump... if you aren't in the ico buying r3d, once r3d comes and you want to use it the only way to get it is to buy it from an exchange or to mine it... if you mine it the ONLY way you earn r3d is if someone is to do something on the r3d network (register an account or post or comment or vote or whatever)... so that turns to the only way someone will have dumped r3d is if someone will have bought it previously (via the ico or afterwards)... its pretty much coin recycling

Ideally the more r3d we have in circulation the better for everyone, as our intent here it to create a vast spectrum of usability. The more r3d in circulation the easier it will be for more people to get involved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
garaux

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:34:28 PM

I do have a tech question about the blockchain.  I run search engine indexes on several hundred thousand websites, and I'm in the terabytes of compressed, deduplicated data already. 

How will the blockchain handle the sheer volume of data needed to host websites?  Whats the plan for scale?

I edited this question into an earlier post, so it may have been missed.  Reposting here.
mtantouri

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:41:00 PM

Would be awesome to be domain name independent. also some alias instead of the wallet/coin adress.
chey

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

I'm a miner not a minor.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 10:42:14 PM

Would be awesome to be domain name independent. also some alias instead of the wallet/coin adress.

Did you watch the demo's? It doesn't appear to be dependent on the wallet or a domain name.

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Transfercoin
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:57:50 PM

I do have a tech question about the blockchain.  I run search engine indexes on several hundred thousand websites, and I'm in the terabytes of compressed, deduplicated data already. 

How will the blockchain handle the sheer volume of data needed to host websites?  Whats the plan for scale?

I edited this question into an earlier post, so it may have been missed.  Reposting here.

Hi garaux, sorry if it got skipped earlier. I think we address the question you have here in this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1141617.msg12258796#msg12258796
mtantouri

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:13:44 PM

Did you watch the demo's? It doesn't appear to be dependent on the wallet or a domain name.

Just watched the demos. Got to say this is awesome indeed. Still relies on ip address which needs domain names for people to remember.
And domain names can be seized by governments and corporations. Sure there are ways around that using multiple domain names.

Maybe r3d can host domain names in future.
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 11:16:47 PM

Just watched the demos. Got to say this is awesome indeed. Still relies on ip address which needs domain names for people to remember.
And domain names can be seized by governments and corporations. Sure there are ways around that using multiple domain names.

r3d doesn't rely on IPs or hosting, but does provide the option to have everything that's viewable in the r3d client presented via website for your visitors and those who may not be running the r3d client.  The upcoming client demo will definitely shed some light and provide clarity on this.  Keep an eye out here as the demo is approaching and this will all make much more sense.

Best regards,

syntaks

goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:47:19 PM

r3d doesn't rely on IPs or hosting, but does provide the option to have everything that's viewable in the r3d client presented via website for your visitors and those who may not be running the r3d client.  The upcoming client demo will definitely shed some light and provide clarity on this.  Keep an eye out here as the demo is approaching and this will all make much more sense.

Best regards,

syntaks
very exciting news

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:49:55 PM

How much has been sold to this date?
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:29:45 AM

Good coin, very good. I like this idea of network outside official stream

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:00:13 AM

This seems like a very nice project Smiley

The next big thing within the ecosystem will have to offer entirely new anonymous solutions and this might be it!

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:06:04 AM

Can you not do what this coin is doing on something like Ethereum within one script?

The entire system itself is more than just a script but there's also the economics of it involved,  as well as the fact it's not attached to or dependent on any project such as Ethereum.

Best regards,

syntaks
You will have a support nightmare doing the coloured coin implementation.. Hence my original question.. Anything you are doing is possible with AT or ethereum smart contracts unless you prove otherwise (hence my question)

Coloured coin implementation?  Would you care to elaborate a bit?  I think perhaps some wires are crossed and you're under the impression we're trying to do what Ethereum is doing or several other projects but that's not the case.

Best regards,

syntaks

Which coin did you fork from.. Syscoin? You know what coloured coins are? Anyways anytime you are decorating transactions to create services you are colouring your coins.. Long term it's not a good approach.. I would know more ir you posted your source code but I assume you would be doing it like I said otherwise it would be something like AT or ethereum.. I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying though.
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 01:27:05 AM

Can you not do what this coin is doing on something like Ethereum within one script?

The entire system itself is more than just a script but there's also the economics of it involved,  as well as the fact it's not attached to or dependent on any project such as Ethereum.

Best regards,

syntaks
You will have a support nightmare doing the coloured coin implementation.. Hence my original question.. Anything you are doing is possible with AT or ethereum smart contracts unless you prove otherwise (hence my question)

Coloured coin implementation?  Would you care to elaborate a bit?  I think perhaps some wires are crossed and you're under the impression we're trying to do what Ethereum is doing or several other projects but that's not the case.

Best regards,

syntaks

Which coin did you fork from.. Syscoin? You know what coloured coins are? Anyways anytime you are decorating transactions to create services you are colouring your coins.. Long term it's not a good approach.. I would know more ir you posted your source code but I assume you would be doing it like I said otherwise it would be something like AT or ethereum.. I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying though.

I've never heard of anyone referring to colouring coins or coloured coins in that manner before now and several others hadn't either.  No worries though.  As I explained in the interview with lootz and I thought I had stated it publicly that we started off with various bases to determine which would provide the best methods for what we were trying to accomplish and the end result is a combined effort with several thousand lines of custom code (written from scratch) and growing.  Namecoin, DGC, Florin and syscoin were what we used to model our approach.  As I've explained to sigwo - when the code is public, he'll be relieved to find out we didn't just fork sys (as he's been under the impression) and change function names.  Sys is a great project, one that I had even bought into the ICO for at the time.  However, for our needs it's not really that simple to just fork it and call it something new.

Best regards,

syntaks

yak

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 02:07:54 AM

you didn't read anything they have said or watched any of the videos they have made clearly... i suggest you read everything twoturtles has said in this thread and watch the videos they have posted

here is some information on what colored coins are so you are a little clearer about what you are talking about https://bitcoil.co.il/BitcoinX.pdf i suggest you give that a read as well

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 02:10:56 AM

Links from ANN

First demo can be viewed here: https://vimeo.com/getr3d/r3dblog. Rundown of account creation, posting, replies, and r3d's core application to a blog-type platform

Second demo can be viewed here: https://vimeo.com/getr3d/r3dbin. We outline how you can create your own code/paste bin site written to the blockchain

Interview with Lootz from SuperNET Radio can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/r3d

Article discussing r3d on fuk.io: http://fuk.io/august-2015-report-best-altcoins-and-cryptocurrency-to-mine-and-invest-in-to-profit/
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:26:44 AM

Best regards,

syntaks

Best regards,

syntaks

I've never heard of anyone referring to colouring coins or coloured coins in that manner before now and several others hadn't either.  No worries though.  As I explained in the interview with lootz and I thought I had stated it publicly that we started off with various bases to determine which would provide the best methods for what we were trying to accomplish and the end result is a combined effort with several thousand lines of custom code (written from scratch) and growing.  Namecoin, DGC, Florin and syscoin were what we used to model our approach.  As I've explained to sigwo - when the code is public, he'll be relieved to find out we didn't just fork sys (as he's been under the impression) and change function names.  Sys is a great project, one that I had even bought into the ICO for at the time.  However, for our needs it's not really that simple to just fork it and call it something new.

Best regards,

syntaks
model yourself on syscoin..its going to crash then Cheesy Cheesy always excuses from syscoin from start
530 sats i payed at 600 dollars a bitcoin Shocked Shocked
alex green what ever blah blah blah
 i think syscoin went through every Vs possible v.1  v.2   v.3 turbo booster Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy and still we never got escrow Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy JOKE COIN
plus they took alex green to court moaning they got scammed  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
SCAMMERS TAKING THE SCAMMER TO COURT Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

you can say what you like but no future for syscoin BROKEN PROMISES BROKEN EVERYTHING Cheesy Cheesy
R.I.P SYSCOIN
I have been in this game 3 years and i know which coins have a chance and what coins got no chance Grin
and sys has no chance as syscoin knows Wink
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:22:49 AM

The entire system itself is more than just a script but there's also the economics of it involved,  as well as the fact it's not attached to or dependent on any project such as Ethereum.

Best regards,

syntaks

Best regards,

syntaks

I've never heard of anyone referring to colouring coins or coloured coins in that manner before now and several others hadn't either.  No worries though.  As I explained in the interview with lootz and I thought I had stated it publicly that we started off with various bases to determine which would provide the best methods for what we were trying to accomplish and the end result is a combined effort with several thousand lines of custom code (written from scratch) and growing.  Namecoin, DGC, Florin and syscoin were what we used to model our approach.  As I've explained to sigwo - when the code is public, he'll be relieved to find out we didn't just fork sys (as he's been under the impression) and change function names.  Sys is a great project, one that I had even bought into the ICO for at the time.  However, for our needs it's not really that simple to just fork it and call it something new.

Best regards,

syntaks
model yourself on syscoin..its going to crash then Cheesy Cheesy always excuses from syscoin from start
 i think syscoin went through every Vs possible v.1  v.2   v.3 turbo booster Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy and still we never got escrow Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy JOKE COIN
plus they took alex green to court moaning they got scammed  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

you can say what you like but no future for syscoin BROKEN PROMISES BROKEN EVERYTHING Cheesy Cheesy
R.I.P SYSCOIN
I have been in this game 3 years and i know which coins have a chance and what coins got no chance Grin

I think I missed the post where we changed topics to 'SYS' coin? Pretty sure the topic is still R3D.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:58:05 AM

The entire system itself is more than just a script but there's also the economics of it involved,  as well as the fact it's not attached to or dependent on any project such as Ethereum.

Best regards,

syntaks

Best regards,

syntaks

I've never heard of anyone referring to colouring coins or coloured coins in that manner before now and several others hadn't either.  No worries though.  As I explained in the interview with lootz and I thought I had stated it publicly that we started off with various bases to determine which would provide the best methods for what we were trying to accomplish and the end result is a combined effort with several thousand lines of custom code (written from scratch) and growing.  Namecoin, DGC, Florin and syscoin were what we used to model our approach.  As I've explained to sigwo - when the code is public, he'll be relieved to find out we didn't just fork sys (as he's been under the impression) and change function names.  Sys is a great project, one that I had even bought into the ICO for at the time.  However, for our needs it's not really that simple to just fork it and call it something new.

Best regards,

syntaks

R.I.P SYSCOIN

I think I missed the post where we changed topics to 'SYS' coin? Pretty sure the topic is still R3D.
  Sys is a great project, one that I had even bought into the ICO for at the time.  However, for our needs it's not really that simple to just fork it and call it something new.

Best regards,

syntaks

so tell the dev this dumb ass NOT ME NOB NOSE yer your a nob nose FREEDOM OF SPEECH ASS HOLE Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
so think next time you speak nob nose who to blame
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:12:41 AM

Namecoin, DGC, Florin and syscoin were what we used to model our approach.  As I've explained to sigwo - when the code is public, he'll be relieved to find out we didn't just fork sys (as he's been under the impression) and change function names. 

Best regards,

syntaks

Anyways, We trust you know whats best since you reviewed lots of possible candidates. I myself can't wait to see the public code so I can see how to contribute, Keep up the great work syntaks.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
stoner19 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:16:46 AM

I think we've strayed a bit too far off topic here guys. They point was that we were questioned if this was just another sys fork, and the answer was that there are many elements from several altcoins brought together to make r3d, sys being one of them, but the majority of syntaks work being completely custom code. It'll all be much more clear as we release more demos and when you guys see the r3d source.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: