Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:47:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [R3D] NEW UPDATES COMING SOON  (Read 66715 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
goldengatesgreenest.com

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 06:50:35 AM

one thing that confuses me is how the coins are to be used when posting or doing an action.  so if I reply to an article, how simple is it for me to post the comment?  will I need to do a transaction every comment i make?

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yak

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 06:55:33 AM

This is a great idea but quite big. With every developer in this niche wanting to create their own blockchain it will be extremely difficult to attract developers to develop apps using this blockchain. Even if there was devs wanting to dev for this blockchain, the AuxPoW clone is not going to scale. The blockchain is not a good place to store data. Due to scaling reason, you can't open this blockchain up to anything other than the one reddit clone idea.

I think your visions are too early Tongue

Keep the idea small and this might work. Small txt messages could fit on a blockchain and maintain a size under 1 terabyte. A more advanced option would be to clone a new decentralized data storage tech like SJCX. You could then store searchable titles & data pointers on the R3D blockchain with the pointers pointing to the SJCX data. A strategy like this could be used to fill a gap for the next few years while there is no decentralized search ability. You could then keep the momentum going and upgrade tech once better tech is available.

i think you should probably run some numbers with their fee structures at the moment, i ran the numbers on irc the other day basing it off of using 4tb of data stored and 20tb stored, one including an extremely paranoid sharding and one using no sharding with 500 full nodes (this is 1/10th of bitcoins total full nodes at the moment worldwide)... all they would have to do is slightly tweak their current numbers to reward full nodes (something they could do easily) a portion of the fees that are going to miners, this would equate (if 4tb of data was used with current fees, and full nodes were to split the fee with the miners (why not, miners are getting it basically free anyway) on a single 4tb of data, the amount (at current bitcoin price and r3d price) each of those 500 people would have earned is 18,000$....
thats enough to pay for that 4tb drive i would say

i would even counter your thought about thinking big, and say that if you are thinking about a decentralized reddit being big you are thinking extremely small, reddit doesn't even make a profit yet does it?, you need to think of commercial applications instead.. they would be (people who would develop for r3d as well) MUCH smarter hitting big business than going after a bunch of people on a forum, i personally would rather deal with a few large clients and make decent money supporting them then having 50million users and not making a cent (not saying that a decentralized reddit wouldnt be great... it just wouldnt be a smart way for them to spend their time if they wanted to make money)

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
yak

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 07:02:43 AM

one thing that confuses me is how the coins are to be used when posting or doing an action.  so if I reply to an article, how simple is it for me to post the comment?  will I need to do a transaction every comment i make?

from what i understand it will be seamlessly built into the default client, as in yea every comment or vote or tip or post you make will be a transaction but it will all be handled behind the scenes.. you would hit comment with your comment and your balance would go down... as people upvoted you or tipped you your balance would go up

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:27:09 PM

So we're down to 3 days and we've had a phenomenal support from so many of you. We still have a ways to go, but that's not going to stop us from continuing to crank out code.

Lootz from SuperNET Radio has contacted us again for another radio interview. We want to take this time to answer questions that you guys might still have about R3D. Once we have a nice list of questions stacked up we can schedule a time for us to go on the air with Lootz. Feel free to send your email questions to supernetradio@gmail.com. If you wish to remain anonymous please state that in your email.
While I perfectly understand what R3D is and what it's all about, the people I told about R3D still had questions about what it exactly is that it offers. So apparently it's either still a bit vague/unclear or just hard to understand for the less tech-savvy.

The question I would like to hear answered (for the less tech-savvy people) in the most plain English with as less jargon as possible: What is R3D and how does it work?

Making sure everyone has a better understanding of what R3D is might bring new investors to the table.

EDIT:
Oops, missed the part where it said email your questions to SuperNET. Will still do that as we speak. Email sent to SuperNET!
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 03:31:04 PM

Not at all.  It's all completely smooth as you'll see in the demo.  We wouldn't spend time creating something that users couldn't even take part in without a headache.

Best regards,

syntaks

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:46:28 PM

hey syntaks what's up bro where can I find you guys on irc these days?
twoturtles
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 03:54:36 PM

hey syntaks what's up bro where can I find you guys on irc these days?

Hey good morning, we're over on irc.freenode.net in #r3d

goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:37:42 PM

Not at all.  It's all completely smooth as you'll see in the demo.  We wouldn't spend time creating something that users couldn't even take part in without a headache.

Best regards,

syntaks

Good,  Yea I figured you had already figured it out but I just didnt remember hearing about it. 

awesome to hear that.

Next day delivery Mail order Medical Cannabis now available to California Prop. 215 Patients for Bitcoin! Order anywhere in the State of California. http://goldengatesgreenest.com
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:45:36 PM

the reason why eth wasn't on any exchange for that long is because there wasn't a public network for that long.. as soon as you release your coin 'into the wild' any exchange is free to put it on there, and not much you can really do about that..

as far as 'what exactly' the r3d team is going to do if the ico fails is really noones business except their own, so whatever details they want to share or do not want to share is up to them

they have said that they plan on looking at other funding sources multiple times and that is more of an answer than they owe anyone in here, since if it doesnt hit the 800btc minimum none of us are 'investors'

well do it like eth smart ass Grin Grin
i was thinking no one puts them on exchange but i see your point..
so if your not going to say then i spend my bitcoin some where else .and now you lost 1 more buyer..
we know you don.t care but neither do i ..WAITED AND WAITED..plus now i know its not freedom of speech..ITS PAY FOR SPEECH Cheesy Cheesy I thought you pay me to look at what i got to say Grin Grin
but no i pay then if you like it you might tip me Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I DON.T THINK I WILL BE MAKING MUCH DO YOU Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 05:51:30 PM

what happens to the unsold coins? are they burned?
stoner19 (OP)

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:52:44 PM

Yes. The only R3D that will ever be in circulation will be what is sold during the CFC (assuming we reach our minimum of 800,000,000 R3D sold). No new R3D will ever be created.
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 05:55:00 PM

Yes. The only R3D that will ever be in circulation will be what is sold during the CFC (assuming we reach our minimum of 800,000,000 R3D sold). No new R3D will ever be created.

Thanks, for me it is way overpriced. I'll get in later if things look good.
goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 06:17:34 PM

personally what I think you guys should do if the CFC is not reached is take the 800BTC worth of R3D and then burn the rest. Have bittrex lock the rest of the R3D until a few months down the line when a second round CFC is held for the remaining coins left from the 800BTC.  Hopefully that second round CFC will work and if more time is needed you can keep going down the line. 

This way you can reach the minimum goal of 800BTC but stretch it out a bit longer and give time to those that might not have had time to hear about this project to get more information and knowledge from future demos.

yak

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 06:53:59 PM

Thanks, for me it is way overpriced.

0.00000100btc = $0.0002281usd

yes, you read that right people... not 1/5th of a cent 1/50th of a cent.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 06:54:27 PM

personally what I think you guys should do if the CFC is not reached is take the 800BTC worth of R3D and then burn the rest. Have bittrex lock the rest of the R3D until a few months down the line when a second round CFC is held for the remaining coins left from the 800BTC.  Hopefully that second round CFC will work and if more time is needed you can keep going down the line. 

This way you can reach the minimum goal of 800BTC but stretch it out a bit longer and give time to those that might not have had time to hear about this project to get more information and knowledge from future demos.

that is againt what was promised to the first hand Investors.
yak

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 06:56:11 PM

they can't change their contract with bittrex while it is active, that wouldn't be fair to anyone.

yak

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 06:59:10 PM

I DON.T THINK I WILL BE MAKING MUCH DO YOU Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

yes, i believe that is the purpose of having it cost (microcents), to cut down on crap and to encourage useful communication rather than useless noise/spam.

goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:02:21 PM

I understand, it would take a group consensus but how hard could it be?  There's like what 25 people invested right now?  Just saying.

yak

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 07:05:54 PM

I understand, it would take a group consensus but how hard could it be?  There's like what 25 people invested right now?  Just saying.

i don't think that bittrex has the infrastructure to do it tbh, it seems that these cfc/ico's are basically an afterthought to them (it doesn't even show the closing date/time as someone else pointed out), i think they would be better off seeing what happens, then pivoting from there.. if they decide to allow public investing again however they decide to do it, the people who are interested would be able to do it at that time, perhaps they will be interested in talking about terms and stuff at that point or what their plans are

don't get me wrong... im all for group consensus, i just don't think that is how it can work on bittrex

goldengatesgreenest.com

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:11:28 PM

i don't think that bittrex has the infrastructure to do it tbh, it seems that these cfc/ico's are basically an afterthought to them (it doesn't even show the closing date/time as someone else pointed out), i think they would be better off seeing what happens, then pivoting from there.. if they decide to allow public investing again however they decide to do it, the people who are interested would be able to do it at that time, perhaps they will be interested in talking about terms and stuff at that point or what their plans are

don't get me wrong... im all for group consensus, i just don't think that is how it can work on bittrex

Yeah, I'm sure you're right.   May get lucky and see a large investor take a bite.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: