Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:25:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox CEO admits tweaking account  (Read 1568 times)
spartacusrex

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:38:48 AM

Karpeles has nothing to do  with the US, there is no way as foreign citizen who did not commit any crime on US soil would be extradited to US, ever.
Only Japan have the right to judge him because he committed his fraud and his company was registered under Japanese jurisdiction.
Even if he is really married to US citizen woman, he has right to refuse trial in the US - if that ever happen.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there.  Try telling Big-Kim.com. Hongkong company with him living and based in New Zealand. Still a target.

If you EVER touch US Dollars, which mtgox definitely did, the 'Reasonable and Non-Draconian' US Government has you in their sights.

Also - the Domain, mtgox.COM puts you in a grey area, as that is how they went for Kim in the first place. The traffic was being directed from a US server.

Life is Code.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:10:58 PM

There is a reddit AMA with Mt. Gox's first employee. He describes all of the shady activity that happened and how Mt. Gox was poorly ran. It is actually quite interesting to see how screwed up the operations behind Mt. Gox were since it was created. The AMA is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3fe92x/im_ashley_barr_aka_adam_turner_the_first_mtgox/

tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 06:49:31 PM

so glad the japanese are pursuing this.  most thought it would go unnoticed after the bankruptcy.  very happy to see criminal charges.  this may just be the beginning.

snip

and soon the US will arrest Josh Garza too  Grin

we can only hope hes next  Grin
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:26:25 PM

Who the hell tests or "tweaks" a portion of their product on production servers/stuff?

I hope this guy sits in a cell next to Bernie Madoff for the rest of his years.  What a liar.

I have to admit I've done this once or twice Smiley
The temptation is pretty high when you're in a panic, or a rush, or the system is already broken.
Test setups are usually left behind, hard to set up and sometimes don't test what you need to test very well (traffic dependent bugs etc).
You convince yourself that nothing can possibly go wrong ...
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:57:26 PM

There's no chance that he isn't responsible and behind the "theft" of the clients funds. How can someone steal from you for over a year, without you
noticing it, or even suspecting it ? You would have to be deaf and blind. I believe he not only knew about the missing funds, but also that he was solely responsible for it.
"never misused customers’ funds" - yeah right.

cheers
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 09:01:41 PM

Karpeles has nothing to do  with the US, there is no way as foreign citizen who did not commit any crime on US soil would be extradited to US, ever.

What's the matter - you don't get the news.  US extradites assholes all the time - even when they are not US citizens:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33550207

Reuters says his wife now lives in Canada and I know that to get US citizenship you have to be married and cohabiting for about 7 years. Maybe the US will extradite him after he's served his Japanese time, then he can do some time in a US jail.
Canada is no longer part of the US.  They threw Canada out for being too drunk on Moosehead beer while playing hockey - eh?.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
barsbars

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:50:47 PM

People like karpeles discourages people from using bitcoin. I wish there will be decreased amount of scammers in the future
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:10:08 AM

Sure Karpeles, we all believe you had the best of thoughts at heart when you started your swindle campaign. Have a piece of the Japo jail experience and then get back to me, k thx. Jail and fine this bitch and then let come what may at this point.

It won't be that bad.  The Japanese have small...  Oh never mind.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:27:28 AM

Karpeles has nothing to do  with the US, there is no way as foreign citizen who did not commit any crime on US soil would be extradited to US, ever.

What's the matter - you don't get the news.  US extradites assholes all the time - even when they are not US citizens:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33550207

Reuters says his wife now lives in Canada and I know that to get US citizenship you have to be married and cohabiting for about 7 years. Maybe the US will extradite him after he's served his Japanese time, then he can do some time in a US jail.
Canada is no longer part of the US.  They threw Canada out for being too drunk on Moosehead beer while playing hockey - eh?.

Correction. Canada kicked the USA's ass in a little thing called the war of 1812. Burnt the White House down too.

The part about drunk hockey is correct though 😄
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: