Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136741 times)
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:35:54 AM

Slack for Slimcoin - yeah, it gives more options than telegram, so I thought it would be better.

https://join.slack.com/t/slimcoinproject/shared_invite/MjM3ODU5MjU4Mzg0LTE1MDQ5MDczMDgtNGFlZjc0ZDRjNg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 11:19:56 AM

Whilst fumbling around in another atcoin's innards, I found myself looking at the solution to adding an accumulating total of burned coins to the results of a getinfo call, a copynpasta adaptation of the existing code that implements the associated “moneysupply” value:

https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/commit/ad8077c040d5dd0483efd21e11e92ea4a3e99168

It is a soft fork because blkindex.dat must be rebuilt from scratch and so users are obliged to sync-from-genesis via the network.

My preferred solution is to have a synced-up node (compiled from master) running off've standard port 41682 and when I run the node compiled from the “totalburnt”, I call it thusly:

$ ./slimcoind -datadir=/home/gjh/.slimcoin/reindex -conf=/home/gjh/.slimcoin/reindex/slimcoin.conf -connect=127.0.0.1:41682

i.e. I've told it to use /home/gjh/.slimcoin/reindex as its datadir and similarly with -conf.

(I actually have the connect declaration in the conf file, its use in the command-line example is strictly speaking superfluous, albeit illustrative.)

$ ./slimcoind -datadir=/home/gjh/.slimcoin/reindex -conf=/home/gjh/.slimcoin/reindex/slimcoin.conf getinfo
{
    "version" : "SLMv0.5.0-24-gad8077c0-alpha",
    "protocolversion" : 60003,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 804,
    "moneysupply" : 18331.01000000,
    "totalburnt" : 2977.49000000,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "0.0.0.0",
    "difficulty" : 0.02217633,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1504919979,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.01000000,
    "errors" : ""
}

<tick tock>

$ ./slimcoind -datadir=/home/gjh/.slimcoin/reindex -conf=/home/gjh/.slimcoin/reindex/slimcoin.conf getinfo
{
    "version" : "SLMv0.5.0-24-gad8077c0-alpha",
    "protocolversion" : 60003,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 157787,
    "moneysupply" : 1702548.61565800,
    "totalburnt" : 587129.62050900,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "0.0.0.0",
    "difficulty" : 0.12167454,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1504919979,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.01000000,
    "errors" : ""
}

I think that's a fix.

Syncing continues. When the process has completed, I'll repeat the exercise on the server and add a separate “totalburnt” datadir snapshot to (optionally) alleviate the necessity of syncing from genesis via the network.

Summarising: standard datadir will NOT work with totalburnt client and totalburnt datadir will NOT work with standard client. In both cases, resyncing from 0 is required. But that's all that is required and it is a “regulation dance move” (c.f.my GTA VC analogy).

(BTW, the load-from-bootstrap functionality never worked, it always fails when it can't find an index. A functioning feature was added sometime in the procession of 0.8.X versions but has, thus far, staunchly resisted all of my attempts to backport it.)

I'll report back later on progress.

Cheers

Graham
muf18

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:35:29 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 06:41:08 PM by muf18

Thanks for it. Graham would you consider being added to slack, to have faster communication, and with development channel also? We could talk here, and there, because it would make it faster I guess, @cryptovore is added, and we have now one more contributor-dev, co-founder of https://www.experty.io/en - Greg Kućmierz.
He said that he will help us, if he can.
I think that's positive news.

Another good news.
Nova updated wallet.
Proof:

Mining performance on Windows 7 is about 7-10% faster than on Windows 10 (both X64), tested with FX-8320 4Ghz and 4.4Ghz (both has almost the same speed).
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:59:29 PM

I see huge lack of PR in Particl because of dead Bitcointalk thread. Everybody moved to Slack and most BTT users have no idea what PART is.

muf18

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:10:37 AM

As I said, we should maintain discussion here, and I'll regulary post here, but slack is for faster communication between people interested more in the project, and also, for developing (it's faster and on-time, so you can communicate easier). We don't leave BCT - I'll just write on both.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:36:33 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 11:50:47 AM by dzarmush

As I said, we should maintain discussion here, and I'll regulary post here, but slack is for faster communication between people interested more in the project, and also, for developing (it's faster and on-time, so you can communicate easier). We don't leave BCT - I'll just write on both.

you will, but what about others? devs don't usually have a lot of time to chat, if gjhiggins and d5000 leave BCT it won't be good

muf18

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:03:54 PM

@d5000 won't join slack, and @gjhiggins, I think will talk only on basis for integration development on slack (we can't have such things, through forum, it's too hard to communicate this way - it's the purpose of developemnt channel, strictly for development things), and I think he will be even more active here, than there.

We have Greg now on board too, I hope they (@gjhiggins, @cryptovore, and @gkucmierz) will cooperate for the future development of Slimcoin.
It's better than having 2-3 seperate people working on something, they don't know each other progress, and don't know if it's compatible etc.

And of course anyone can be added if want to slack - and can be also added as a contributor-dev, programmer, like any open-source project.
aIA

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:02:49 PM

Hi guys, I think that the spirit of Slimcoin must be this, be slim...

As proposed muf18, adding a feature to preseved very important files could be an attractive feature for some people and may grow our community. May be if it could be achieved in a parallel block chain and that were optional to support and there were rewards to user for use their nodes (as storj style). Don't know sure how to incorporate that. But more important part is do that in the way that don't change Slimcoin spirit.

I have been attracted to Slim thinking that I could mining with low power device. But not really... For the moment.
I think that differential feature of Slimcoin is PoB and if we're possible that works perfectly on low power hardware like Raspberry Pi and other ARM device this could attract lot of people that haven't high power pc or greats mining rigs as me. And achieve it in a low power consumption device it could be economically viable to motivate lots of users to get running full nodes (ok, is not useable for PoW and PoS, but at least for PoB)

As you can read some pages back I have been trying to do Slimcoin daemon compiling and working in Raspberry pi... I only achieved to run 0.5 (compiled with BerkleyDB 4.8 in order to pass blockchain files from windows wallet because daemon doesn't sync from scratch, always stuck) with encrypted wallet because it crash always when try to do PoB. At least work as a full node because syncing new blocks does work.

I would like offer a bounty of 10.000 SLM for a full functionally ARM updated version of daemon. If any one can support this bounty it could be interesting for a dev.

Please, excuse my poor English grammar.

Cheers.
muf18

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:20:01 PM

@aIA - I think it was done (Rasperry Pi version of Slimcoin client), by @cryptovore - some posts ago.
I thought about also, making a full node version of Slimcoin, cause it's mainly written in C++ and python, with the usage of QT libs, which are compatible with Android.

I'm still a noob, when it comes to coding, but I'll try to improve my skills (from 0 to some coding isn't so hard, then it goes uphill)...
Tho I think full node version for Android, shouldn't be so complicated, apart from rewritting interface, which can be a little trouble.
aIA

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:43:05 PM

@aIA - I think it was done (Rasperry Pi version of Slimcoin client), by @cryptovore - some posts ago.
I thought about also, making a full node version of Slimcoin, cause it's mainly written in C++ and python, with the usage of QT libs, which are compatible with Android.

Please, could you point me message number? I have been locking for without luck.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6073

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:49:44 PM

standard datadir will NOT work with totalburnt client and totalburnt datadir will NOT work with standard client. In both cases, resyncing from 0 is required.
Thanks for that feature! But in theory you could use the "totalburnt" client for everything and discard the "standard" client, or not?

I'm asking that because it would be a good idea, I think, to create a release candidate for "version 0.5.1" with the newer features you ported to Slim in the last weeks/months (BIP 65, "totalburnt" and - if I remember right - watch addresses). Maybe there's still testing needed, but this way we could pass a new "mini-milestone" and compile binaries etc.

(BTW: Have you seen this post? I was asking if you could provide me your blocknotify script to translate the blockchain to RDF as I have begun to set up a Fuseki node that is planned to hold the Slimcoin blockchain as an alternative to your installation. If it's still not "shareable", no problem ...)

Fully agree ...

As proposed muf18, adding a feature to preseved very important files could be an attractive feature for some people and may grow our community. May be if it could be achieved in a parallel block chain and that were optional to support and there were rewards to user for use their nodes (as storj style).

Yep, a (pegged?) sidechain for data would be totally OK. I like the "Drivechain" mechanism a lot, it was proposed for Bitcoin about two years ago. However, it would need a new opcode, and also it would probably need more mining power than we have now.

Another idea would be to use Datacoin as a "not-pegged" data sidechain for Slimcoin and use a BIP-65 enabled atomic cross chain protocol to communicate between both blockchains and trade "datacoin tokens" to Slimcoins. I mean to remember, however, that this would need also a malleability fix (like Segwit of Flextrans).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 06:29:54 PM

(BTW: Have you seen this post? I was asking if you could provide me your blocknotify script to translate the blockchain to RDF as I have begun to set up a Fuseki node that is planned to hold the Slimcoin blockchain as an alternative to your installation. If it's still not "shareable", no problem ...)

I did reply but I must not have actually clicked on “submit”, this is from my drafts ...

@gjhiggins: A little question ... I have installed a Fuseki instance to provide the Slimcoin RDF block chain, mainly for my own web2web tests, for now, but also as an block explorer API. A couple of weeks ago you mentioned a Python blocknotify script you have written that "translates" the block JSON structure from the Slimcoin client into the RDF structure used in your CCY ontology. Can this script be downloaded or could you upload it publicly so I can use it? (I could write a similar script but why invent the wheel two times ...) Is your CCY ontology "stable" or are you still working on it?

Uh-huh, another spinning-on-a-stick plate of mine that's starting to wobble a bit and needs an energy boost.

A couple of weeks ago, I reorganised the application file structure on the server to pave the way for the next stage, that of creating an all-in deployment script. Unfortunately, I omitted to update the slimcoin config file with the new location of the blocknotify script and so the graph stopped being updated. Even more unfortunately, I didn't notice until just the other day that the graph is a couple of weeks behind. So far, I've tried to run the blocknotify-catchup script four times without success, I keep losing the ssh connection (/me waves at GCHQ) so I'll have to try a different tack. The catchup script is identical to blocknotify except that it's wrapped in an iterator that runs from last-sparql-reported blockheight to jsonrpc-api-reported latestblockheight, slowly, so as not to unduly stress either the node or fuseki.

This sort of hints that, as I suspected it might be, blocknotify is a little brittle for serious use. OTOH, it was working just fine before I screwed it up and it continues to work fine with datacoin (whose config I did manage to remember to update, apparently). But yes, I am now sufficiently resigned to the embarrassment of publishing the code - I've only spent a few scattered hours on it, with the basic objective of getting it to a working state in order to get a sense of whether the approach has any merit. So, elegant and well thought-out  it is not.

The same “suck it and see” approach is true of the CCY ontology, it seems to be doing the job. From a practical perspective, the usual space/time tradeoffs present themselves - inferences can be cached to save time, at the expense of space or re-inferred to save space, at the expense of time. It would be useful to denote which blocks contain inscription tx, it would narrow down the search/listing space. At the moment, the ontology does not include the boolean predicate has_inscription_tx but this does not preclude the appearance of such statements in the graph - or an associated graph if separation is deemed desirable. The ontology can be updated to suit.

The current namespace is merely custodial. It is mediated by purl.org, a popular solution for public service URL relocators - you publish a stable, unchanging purl.org address and 301 redirect to wherever the resource is actually located. Purl.org offers group ownership of the administration of the relocation destinations mapped to the public service URLs, so ownership can be brought into the community.

The ontology itself is an open source repos on github: https://github.com/DOACC/ccy and I don't think I have a clue what “stable” means - the term is inherited from the W3C approach and it possibly refers to some W3C process and is irrelevant in this context. 

I'll pull together the (happily, already-existing) components into a single script, in which the blocknotify script and its Python virtualenv context will all be painstakingly laid out in full detail (else it won't work).

I'm still wrestling with the script ... progress not helped by the fact I managed to brick the XPS last night. Took all day to get it booted again

Cheers

Graham

psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:19:32 PM

So far, I've tried to run the blocknotify-catchup script four times without success, I keep losing the ssh connection (/me waves at GCHQ) so I'll have to try a different tack.

May I recommend using screen or tmux for your ssh sessions to avoid ugly and often enough painful program/script terminations when your connection breaks (by whatever reasons).

HTH

sluggo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

Shitcoin Bliss

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:02:04 PM

How do I unlock the wallet for minting
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:53:07 PM

Uh-huh, another spinning-on-a-stick plate of mine that's starting to wobble a bit and needs an energy boost.[...]
OK, no problem - although I am sure that my scripts are (much) less elegant than yours Wink . I'll play around a bit myself (I have already saved the blockchain in the form of JSON files to understand its structure better, maybe it can be quickly converted into OWL/RDF with the CCY ontology) and otherwise I'll wait for your solution to be finished. I could even add "has_inscription_tx" for myself, as a workaround.

How do I unlock the wallet for minting

Go to "Help -> Debug window" and select "Console".
Type in
Code:
walletpassphrase YOUR_PASSPHRASE 9999999

(the 9999999 is arbitrary, it can be any high number, it's the number of seconds to unlock. You later can lock it again restarting the client.)

See also: http://slimco.in/proof-of-stake-guide/ and http://slimco.in/proof-of-burn-guide/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sorai

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:09:00 AM

Quote from: aIA on September 10, 2017, 02:02:49 PM

I also agree with this statement.  

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 09:24:59 AM

May I recommend using screen or tmux for your ssh sessions to avoid ugly and often enough painful program/script terminations when your connection breaks (by whatever reasons).

Thanks, reading up now.

Ubuntu managed to effectively brick my new XPS by nuking the kbp/tpad driver so that the cursor produced an endless stream of clicks and declining thereafter to complete the boot sequence. I had to reformat the HD and install Mint, in the process losing some recent preparatory work (nothing significant), so your tip will be doubly useful. Thanks.

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 02:37:29 PM

if I remember right - watch addresses

I posted the original output from the dry run of the coinpunk patch:

https://gist.github.com/gjhiggins/4d97eeb24d0eca5de77a92d3996e91e3

for which the below is the corresponding commit:

https://github.com/slimcoin-project/Slimcoin/commit/a8a9e698a320a04cc5cf0e98ce61bc8e3a87d99d

Note the complete absence of any changes in the src/qt folder. This testifies that the GUI is oblivious to the changes made elsewhere and cannot distinguish between an address for which it has a pubkey but not a privkey (the definition of “watch address”) and a normal address for which it has both a pub and a priv key. Transactions for watch addresses seamlessly intermingle with the user's transactions and there's no visual distinction between them in the GUI.

The “watch address” patch code was intended for use with the JSON-RPC API and a headless daemon. This seems consonant with the main use case, AIUI. “Watch address” tx really should not appear in the GUI, or if they do, they should be differentiated and separately presented.

I'll have another go at watching something other than the burn address because it seemed to me that tx associated with the “watched” addresses were included in at least part of the stake calculations, at least judging by the report of a total of 5000-odd tx, 100% thread use and eventually thrashing so hard that the GUI stopped responding and the process had to be terminated from the command line. I know of only one circumstance in which this happens - stake calculations. I need to go through the code and instrument the staking process so that it reports the addresses of the tx for which it is calculating stake weight.

Some work required, still.

Cheers

Graham
aIA

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:27:27 PM

Some work required, still.

Thank you Graham. I would like offer another bounty, 5000 SLM, for that feature. When you consider this is fully working, please inform us and I will send you the reward.

@d5000, please Slimcoin Comunity, could you write down the two bountys i offered? Thank you so much.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:17:08 PM

OK, so I updated the OP a bit, although the "big rewrite" is still missing. I updated the bounty section (thanks aIA!), the Slimcoin "all in one" client (thanks muf18!) and the Slack channel.

I'm planning to reduce the section about the Proof of burn explanation and link to the more newbie-friendly explanation on the http://slimco.in website. Also, there are some older bounties for bugs that are already fixed (the Linux client bug and the "working Windows wallet", which now exists thank to Graham's 0.5 release). The "Electrum-style client" bounty is also already a bit older, maybe I should delete it if I get no feedback on it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: