Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 04:48:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136730 times)
keliokan

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:27:56 AM

I just wanted to access ACME (http://tessier.bel-epa.com:5064) to know if I could find keliokan's problem, but it didn't work, is it currently offline? (minkiz.co works again).

Hello,

I have around 7% difference between my wallet and the bchain explorer.
I have also one empty wallet (no burning) that still contains few thousands of coins on the bchain explorer.

K.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 10:52:51 AM

I just wanted to access ACME (http://tessier.bel-epa.com:5064) to know if I could find keliokan's problem, but it didn't work, is it currently offline? (minkiz.co works again).
It's elderly kit, overdue for upgrade. The server was getting overwhelmed. I decided to allocate some more RAM to Fuseki , seems to have eased things somewhat. I have a browser tab open on Hetzer's server auction page, I'm that close to reprovisioning Smiley

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 10:55:57 AM

I have around 7% difference between my wallet and the bchain explorer.
I have also one empty wallet (no burning) that still contains few thousands of coins on the bchain explorer.
Because the problem cannot be replicated, it's near-impossible to provide constructive help.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone have any practicable ideas on how to reproduce the problem?

Cheers

Graham
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:18:38 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 09:37:31 AM by muf18

Besides I'm thinking about sig campaign - I have 50K SLM which was given to me for promotion, and some campaigns.

Maybe someone could think about right proportions of it ? And good design of it - more advanced, then my current sig Cheesy.
I think it's a good idea - signature campaigns may not be perfect but they can make people try out Slimcoin, and are maybe the only option to pay out campaigners in Slimcoin and not having to change them into BTC or so.

However, 50K are not really much - most campaigns pay at least $10 per week for well-ranked users, some as much as $100. The campaign then would have to be limited to low-quality writers, and I think we know that these only produce spam and would add almost nothing to exposure.

If paying in BTC is an option - what about a campaign at Anonymous Ads? Non-gambling/Non-NSFW ads are really cheap there (<2 cents per click).

May be relevant for the "Slimweb" audience:

- Uganda is charging a "social network tax" of about 5 cent per day (almost $20 per year) to users of centralized services like Twitter and Facebook
- Tanzania is requiring bloggers and other web site operators (even Youtube channel operators) to buy a license of about $900 per year (!).

Both may not be big markets, but they are examples why a decentralized web alternative is so urgently needed. Not only dictatorships like China are restricting free speech in the Web, also so-called "democracies" are  Angry.

About ads - I don't know, who is going to pay for it.

I mean there need to be some consensus, because it can't be just one person, it would be unfair for this person to pay all expenses.
@gavarillo already helped us immense for example, with giving some donation to @barry, for his pool work.

If it's like 100USD, it's not a problem, but I think such "campaign" wouldn't do anything - it would need to be thousands of dollars to get the system going probably.

About exchanges - I thought about crypto-bridge - it's a decentralized exchange (but they charge a fee...) - it was 1BTC till recently. Now it's 2BTC - lol.
Fees are going higher, even tho crypto won't probably pump for whole year, so it's really amusing situation.

I would just like to have a better liquidity in the market - price doesn't matter so much, if liquidity is good enough, and there are daily trades.
For now we are one of the most unliquid assets, as I have seen, even on freiexchange.

There are sometimes some peak vols - but then later it flattens out.

Besides - about signature campaign - we can't really fight with those shitcoins, that are being creatted out of thin air, and airdropped to people, and have "value" on exchanges.
Sorry, but such coins as Semux, are killing whole purpose - and it's not even this (cause project I consider quite interesting).

But a lot of coins and tokens that are created within one click (ETH/Waves tokens), or genesis block (own blockchain), is hard to "compete".

I can make an address, where I will put everything that I have mined - but this still won't be enough.

It's really saddening, that centralized craps, and centralized distribution is the way to go here, and it became full of scams, and useless crap.
keliokan

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:00:34 AM

One of the major problem that we had with the exchange was the fall, for few months, of Novaexchange.
Now that it started again, the wallet is not synchronised... So deposit are not possible.

To attract more people, it would be nice to have an active pool.

I am mining SLM since 2 years now. I have great hope into it.

K.

Besides I'm thinking about sig campaign - I have 50K SLM which was given to me for promotion, and some campaigns.

Maybe someone could think about right proportions of it ? And good design of it - more advanced, then my current sig Cheesy.
I think it's a good idea - signature campaigns may not be perfect but they can make people try out Slimcoin, and are maybe the only option to pay out campaigners in Slimcoin and not having to change them into BTC or so.

However, 50K are not really much - most campaigns pay at least $10 per week for well-ranked users, some as much as $100. The campaign then would have to be limited to low-quality writers, and I think we know that these only produce spam and would add almost nothing to exposure.

If paying in BTC is an option - what about a campaign at Anonymous Ads? Non-gambling/Non-NSFW ads are really cheap there (<2 cents per click).

May be relevant for the "Slimweb" audience:

- Uganda is charging a "social network tax" of about 5 cent per day (almost $20 per year) to users of centralized services like Twitter and Facebook
- Tanzania is requiring bloggers and other web site operators (even Youtube channel operators) to buy a license of about $900 per year (!).

Both may not be big markets, but they are examples why a decentralized web alternative is so urgently needed. Not only dictatorships like China are restricting free speech in the Web, also so-called "democracies" are  Angry.

About ads - I don't know, who is going to pay for it.

I mean there need to be some consensus, because it can't be just one person, it would be unfair for this person to pay all expenses.
@gavarillo already helped us immense for example, with giving some donation to @barry, for his pool work.

If it's like 100USD, it's not a problem, but I think such "campaign" wouldn't do anything - it would need to be thousands of dollars to get the system going probably.

About exchanges - I thought about crypto-bridge - it's a decentralized exchange (but they charge a fee...) - it was 1BTC till recently. Now it's 2BTC - lol.
Fees are going higher, even tho crypto won't probably pump for whole year, so it's really amusing situation.

I would just like to have a better liquidity in the market - price doesn't matter so much, if liquidity is good enough, and there are daily trades.
For now we are one of the most unliquid assets, as I have seen, even on freiexchange.

There are sometimes some peak vols - but then later it flattens out.

Besides - about signature campaign - we can't really fight with those shitcoins, that are being creatted out of thin air, and airdropped to people, and have "value" on exchanges.
Sorry, but such coins as Semux, are killing whole purpose - and it's not even this (cause project I consider quite interesting).

But a lot of coins and tokens that are created within one click (ETH/Waves tokens), or genesis block (own blockchain), is hard to "compete".

I can make an address, where I will put everything that I have mined - but this still won't be enough.

It's really saddening, that centralized craps, and centralized distribution is the way to go here, and it became full of scams, and useless crap.
muf18

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:13:28 AM

@keliokan - so you probably a considerable holder.

Maybe we should organize some meeting of bigger holders, to achieve consensus, what we can do, and how we can help on Slimcoin development.
PatrickEClifford

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 02:35:11 PM

Hi!
I really like the Proof of Burn idea. How come Slimcoin has so little popularity and trading activity on exchanges after 3 years of existence?
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5822

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:44:53 PM

Hi!
I really like the Proof of Burn idea. How come Slimcoin has so little popularity and trading activity on exchanges after 3 years of existence?
Slimcoin had a little boom and I think to remember that at the very beginning it was one of the top-100 coins at Coinmarketcap. But then it was affected by a long decline which almost led into the "death" of the coin in late 2016 (it was gjhiggins who saved it actually, releasing a new version).

I think there were four major factors causing this decline:
- first, the original client was very buggy, so people left because of usability and security issues (frequent orphan blocks/forks, the client getting stuck randomly, etc). This is now fortunately solved.
- second, many people tried out the PoB feature, but were disappointed by the low returns  and left. You have to mint a long time to get profitable - in times of high burning activity you have to wait at least a year (like now)
- third, the original developer left the project, with major bugs staying unsolved.
- fourth, the fact that it was only traded on BTER and lost "everything" when BTER delisted it in early 2016.

Well, after this decline, Slimcoin stayed basically "under the radar" until now. And the crypto market has changed dramatically in 2016 and 2017 - there are now projects that have tens or hundreds of millions of marketing funds collected by ICOs, and decentralized projects like Slimcoin can hardly compete. Also, it doesn't help that exchanges charge immense fees now to add a coin.

There are, however, decentralized projects which were able to compete with the centralized competition (Monero, for example, and obviously Bitcoin which seems still "uncontested"). This gives me hope that Slimcoin could do much better in the future. I think the boom of centralized coins won't last forever. As people realize they're often scams or don't make much sense (why use a centralized coin if you have Paypal?) decentralized coins will return to become dominant.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PatrickEClifford

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 05:51:34 AM

- second, many people tried out the PoB feature, but were disappointed by the low returns  and left. You have to mint a long time to get profitable - in times of high burning activity you have to wait at least a year (like now)

Is there a fundamental flaw in PoB idea or is it due to poor implementation of PoB in Slimcoin?
muf18

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:29:54 AM

- second, many people tried out the PoB feature, but were disappointed by the low returns  and left. You have to mint a long time to get profitable - in times of high burning activity you have to wait at least a year (like now)

Is there a fundamental flaw in PoB idea or is it due to poor implementation of PoB in Slimcoin?

There is no flaw in the protocol - it's the characteristic of it, and how it's implemented. It was designed so.
PatrickEClifford

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:57:02 AM

There is no flaw in the protocol - it's the characteristic of it, and how it's implemented. It was designed so.

If the PoB itself is fine, how can we improve the implementation of it to make it viable?
keliokan

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:32:28 PM

I guess the PoB feature is good when a the PoW difficulty is high enough.
I do not think it needs to be changed. It might be better to re-balance PoW, PoS and PoB blocks distribution.

K.

If the PoB itself is fine, how can we improve the implementation of it to make it viable?
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5822

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:16:35 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 01:27:01 PM by d5000

PoB is self-regulating - if more coins are burnt, then the time to become profitable increases. This design decision has an obvious goal - if people burned too many coins, supply would decrease too much. You have to take into account that if PoB always was profitable, then the supply would always tend to go to zero. That would be good for hodlers, but not for a currency.

So there is a certain "equilibrium burn rate". It would be interesting to calculate how high this rate is actually (afaik that has never been made), e.g. which one is the maximum burn rate if people want a positive ROI (measured in SLM) in 12 months or less. The calculation is pretty complex as PoB rewards change according to difficulty.

The equilibrium burn rate obviously could be modified (with an hardfork): setting it higher (via a higher PoB reward or a higher proportion of PoB blocks) would transform SLM into a more "hodler-friendly", deflationary currency; while the opposite would make it more inflationary.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1598
Merit: 1555

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:03:49 PM

Novaexchange reports "integration issues between the SLM wallet and Nova" on their news page:

https://novaexchange.com/news/

I wonder what the problem could be, as the SLM wallet was working fine on Novaexchange before they closed down last year.

keliokan

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:09:39 PM

Let's see,
At least they improved their communication skills.

Big buy on freiexchange yesterday : 0.09 btc (+40000 SLM@0.00000215)

Novaexchange reports "integration issues between the SLM wallet and Nova" on their news page:

https://novaexchange.com/news/

I wonder what the problem could be, as the SLM wallet was working fine on Novaexchange before they closed down last year.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 07:43:27 PM

Issue was broached on Discord. Apparently they are experiencing problems with change addresses, previously the problem was seen as ignorable but that's no longer the case. They're basically asking for the wallet to be reprogammed to suit the exchange back-end or basically be delisted, their stance is that the wallet behaviour is incorrect. Same goes for Peercoin. I didn't understand the description of the problem and responded to that effect. They indicated that they'd try and formulate the issue more clearly. That was a week or so ago.

Cheers

Graham
muf18

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:05:55 PM

So we know, that we know nothing ?
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:24:00 PM

It means, that SLM on Nova are lost, if they cant fix the problem???
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 09:57:23 PM

Sorry, I can't speak for Novaexchange so please don't ask.

As I mentioned, they're experiencing a problem with change addresses not behaving in the way they need. Lost change wasn't a problem before but they're under new ownership and it is now, to the extent that they are prepared to delist rather than tolerate the problem.

I can't really conceive how you equate that with "lost".

Cheers

Graham
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:27:01 PM

Sorry, I can't speak for Novaexchange so please don't ask.

As I mentioned, they're experiencing a problem with change addresses not behaving in the way they need. Lost change wasn't a problem before but they're under new ownership and it is now, to the extent that they are prepared to delist rather than tolerate the problem.

I can't really conceive how you equate that with "lost".

Cheers

Graham

My question was not specifically related to your post. It was general question if they have problem with wallet. However i dont have anything on Nova, i was just curious
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: