Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:50:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Slimcoin | First Proof of Burn currency | Decentralized Web  (Read 136741 times)
terracoinhelpstheworld

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 07:53:40 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2019, 11:44:57 PM by terracoinhelpstheworld

However I think the data provided by @gavrilo77 is very interesting. Practically he made 133% of the initial capital in 833 days and he has still 55% of initial capital left. So he was making 58%/y minting with PoB, while coins decayed were 19%/y. In other words his profits were 58%/y and his losses were 19%/y. So his net profits are 39%/y. And it's not the maximum profit possible, as he hasn't kept his computer always on.

When someone invests into the real estate which he rents then, he may make let say 10%/y which seems much less than the above 39%/y, but he is able to sell his property in whatever moment, maybe making some profit as well.
When someone buys a business his profits may vary, but he can sell his business as well.
When someone invests into mining he needs to buy equipment and maybe his profits are less than 39%/y, but he is able to sell his equipment anytime.
When someone is masternoding he can sell his collateral anytime and the same with Pos.

With PoB the capital invested is lost forever.
So in order to compare Masternoding with PoB, for instance, we can say that in case of PoB the collateral is recovered in 2-3 years if we consider the 58% or 39% mentioned above and then one begins making profits, the same with PoS and PoW compared with PoB.
But in the mean time the quantity of PoB miners can increase and also the price of SLM can change, so because 2-3 years is an eternity in the cryptoworld the risks are very high compared to PoW, PoS and Masternoding and the profits are not that high to justify that high risks.

Your statements are very correct but again IF. Now imagine that all mined coins are burned or most, PoB would take over PoW and PoS. PoB Rewards would come much often. For mining you can invest in equipment, but you have to pay electricity, maybe after sometime would be failure of the equipment and you never get back your investment and depend of the price as well. With PoB is investing in equipment "worry free". PoS interest is usually small. Personal, i would rather burn   huge amount of SLM and collect the rewards. For instance i am collecting with this diff around 600 SLM per day, hypothetically if all conditions are the same including BTC price, i should get a year 175 $, and that i did not move. Now again IF, if you burn  5mil SLM, you can calculate. I dont want to say you are not right but yes everything is only IF

I think I understand well your point. And I'm very interested SLM to become a success.

That's why I think we need to see things from the point of view of an investor, if we want to advertise SLM correctly.

So let's try to discern the IFs from the facts.

If we compare the profitability of SLM with the profitability of DASH we can see, that DASH's ROI is 6.34%/y right now.
While basing ourselves on @johnwhitestar's calculations and the data you kindly provided, we have agreed that the SLM's ROI is 39%/y.
But the DASH's ROI and the SLM's ROI here are different. Because in DASH you can withdraw your capital anytime while in SLM you can't so you need 2-3 years to recover the capital invested.
So if in the first year the DASH's investor has 100% of capital available + 6.34% of profit, in the same year the SLM's investor has only 39% in his hands.
In the second year the DASH's investor has still 100% of his capital in his hands + 12.68% of profit (for the first and the second year), while the SLM investor has 78% available.
In the third year the DAHS's investor has 100% of capital + 19.02% of profit, while the SLM investor has 117% of profit.
And only on the fourth year the SLM investor would surpass the DASH's investor making 156% of profit, while the DASH's investor would have available 100% of capital + 25.36% of profit.
The ROI of DASH is one of the lowest one among the other masternode's currencies and still we'd need an investor ready to invest into SLM for a very long period of time, in order his investment to be more profitable that the same investment into DASH.

The same situation with PoS. Let's compare the profitability of SLM and PPC.
In the first year the PPC investor has 100% of capital + 1% of profit, while the SLM investor has 39% of profit.
In the second year the PPC investor has 100% of capital +2% of profit, while the SLM investor has 78% of profit.
And only during the third year the SLM investor surpasses the PPC investor, as at the end of that year the SLM investor would have 117% of profit, while the PPC investor would have only 100% of capital + 3% of profit.

Of course all the above are estimates, assuming that nothing has changed in the mean time, but we doing so for the sake of clarity because we have a moral obligation to advertise SLM correctly and also because if we don't do so the investors won't invest they'll just laugh at us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
terracoinhelpstheworld

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 10:53:02 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2019, 11:43:44 PM by terracoinhelpstheworld

I'd also like to try an estimate of profitability of BTC PoW mining compared to SLM PoB, I'm not an expert at all in BTC mining so please correct me where I'm wrong.

Let's assume that someone would like to invest into BTC mining.
He'd probably buy Antminer S17 Pro for something around 5500$.
Inputing 53 TH/s as hashrate and 2520W of power consumption here we can see that his yearly profit would be 2052.87$.
So he'd need 2 years 8 months just to recover his investment.
Comparing the price of the new Antminer S9 in 2017 and the price of the same used appliance now we can see the price has dropped 6 times.
So after 2 years of mining with Antminer S17 Pro (we are assuming that all the conditions will stay the same) the investor may have 4104$ of profit + 916$ of the equipment value left.
While at the end of the 3rd year he'd have 6156$ of profit + 325$ of equipment value left. So he'd have 117% of the initial investment. The same result of SLM's PoB.
And from that moment on SLM's PoB would surpass the BTC mining in profitability.

But probably BTC is not the most profitable cryptocurrency to mine.
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 04:07:06 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2019, 05:38:23 AM by gavrilo77

I'd also like to try an estimate of profitability of BTC PoW mining compared to SLM PoB, I'm not an expert at all in BTC mining so please correct me where I'm wrong.

Inputing 53 TH/s as hashrate and 2520W of power consumption here we can see that his yearly profit would be 2052.87$.
Comparing the price of the new Antminer S9 in 2017 and the price of the same used appliance now we can see the price has dropped 6 times.
So after 2 years of mining with Antminer S17 Pro (we are assuming that all the conditions will stay the same) the investor may have 4104$ of profit + 916$ of the equipment value left.
While at the end of the 3rd year he'd have 6156$ of profit + 325$ of equipment value left. So he'd have 117% of the initial investment. The same result of SLM's PoB.
And from that moment on SLM's PoB would surpass the BTC mining in profitability.

I think that you forgot one thing. if you invest in virtual mining, after two years you will still have lets say 60 % of your virtual machine value and still to be profitable

Edit: Now if we develop the story, and if we have developer, we could make lets say upgraded virtual machine, user to decide how much power of virtual miner to be used, of course in limited range, for instance. At the moment unfortunately there is no one to upgrade even the client
terracoinhelpstheworld

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 07:01:08 AM

I think that you forgot one thing. if you invest in virtual mining, after two years you will still have lets say 60 % of your virtual machine value and still to be profitable

TBH in the above calculations we'd have 100% of initial "burned" capital still available, so yes in case of PoW the miner would not have any usable equipment left, while the PoB miner would go potentially forever making profits, but the issue is that 3-4 years to surpass the profitability of the other coins are too much for the investor into crypto, because people in the cryptoworld is generally thinking about multiplying their capitals in shortest period of time possible and also because in 3-4 years the technology may make a big leap forward making obsolete any previous approach.
That's why I'm saying PoB is more convenient than BTC PoW (and probably many other kind of PoW), just any PoS and some Masternoding, but it's too risky compared to the profits available.
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 07:04:47 AM

by the way i see that effective burnt coins are not decreasing for last 2-3 weeks and i still have mint transactions regularly
certainly it's good but strange at the same time
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 07:14:56 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2019, 07:31:00 AM by johnwhitestar

Edit: Now if we develop the story, and if we have developer, we could make lets say upgraded virtual machine, user to decide how much power of virtual miner to be used, of course in limited range, for instance. At the moment unfortunately there is no one to upgrade even the client

If we had a developer available the solution to what described @terracoinhelpstheworld above might be to modify PoB in order to enable people withdrawing the amount they invested anytime, so the SLM profits would become in line with masternoding without the hassle of working on nodes, much more convenient than PoS and much more convenient than PoW without the hassle of mining (I'd call it Proof-of-Investment solution).

Another possible solution would be to enable the possibility to change the ownership of the burned coins, thus creating a market of SLM virtual farms.

And the third solution that went me in mind reading the above would be to dramatically increase the PoB rewards let say 10 times but it the worse solution because it would create a heavy pressure on the price of SLM and would not solve things as sooner or later the difficulty would increase so the profits would drop anyway.

terracoinhelpstheworld

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 07:51:19 AM

If we had a developer available the solution to what described @terracoinhelpstheworld above might be to modify PoB in order to enable people withdrawing the amount they invested anytime, so the SLM profits would become in line with masternoding without the hassle of working on nodes, much more convenient than PoS and much more convenient than PoW without the hassle of mining (I'd call it Proof-of-Investment solution).

Another possible solution would be to enable the possibility to change the ownership of the burned coins, thus creating a market of SLM virtual farms.

And the third solution that went me in mind reading the above would be to dramatically increase the PoB rewards let say 10 times but it the worse solution because it would create a heavy pressure on the price of SLM and would not solve things as sooner or later the difficulty would increase so the profits would drop anyway.

But what is the exact issue with developers? We don't have developers able to make the changes/upgrades needed or we do have them, but they don't have time available because they need to dedicate it to their daily work (or other projects)?
gavrilo77

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 11:48:01 AM

But what is the exact issue with developers? We don't have developers able to make the changes/upgrades needed or we do have them, but they don't have time available because they need to dedicate it to their daily work (or other projects)?

No, we dont have it. We had and have contributors. SLM is based on the Peercoin, and we would need to update it on the new core 0.8.3
johnwhitestar

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 08:15:45 AM

No, we dont have it. We had and have contributors. SLM is based on the Peercoin, and we would need to update it on the new core 0.8.3
Does it mean that we need to find a developer?

gavrilo77

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 08:38:02 AM

Yes. that is correct

johnwhitestar

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 06:49:51 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2019, 08:29:04 AM by johnwhitestar

Yes. that is correct

That's a good news :-)
I mean, I love challenges. And by other hand it seems like we've elaborated the first step of our possible road map (there are many currencies out there that don't have a road map and the investors usually don't like it as it may mean that the team that is working on the coin, decentralised or centralised, doesn't know where to go).
What are the requirements for the developer that we'd need? What should he/she be familiar with?

terracoinhelpstheworld

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 12:15:14 PM

Yes. that is correct

I mean, I love challenges. And by other hand it seems like we've elaborated the first step of our possible road map (there are many currencies out there that don't have a road map and the investors usually don't like it as it may mean that the team that is working on the coin, decentralised or centralised, doesn't know where to go).
What are the requirements for the developer that we'd need? What should he/she be familiar with?

Maybe C++ developer would be needed in this case?
johnwhitestar

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 10:43:37 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2019, 04:22:14 PM by johnwhitestar

Yes. that is correct

Maybe C++ developer would be needed in this case?

I've checked the code with a developer, friend of mine, seems like a good C++ developer would be needed.

terracoinhelpstheworld

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 10:58:17 AM

Novaexchange is closing, please read their announcement on their site: https://novaexchange.com/.
The funds should be withdrawn before October 25th.

Maybe we can consider participating in coinexchange voting poll: https://twitter.com/coinexchange_io/status/1159287184865632256?s=20 (don't know whether it's already terminated though).

Crypto-bridge may give a good visibility to SLM as well.  
2x25BT

Activity: 732
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2019, 12:59:24 AM

nova has always been very suspicious
at least we have freiexchange

are 0.5 and 0.6 versions of wallet compatible ?
johnwhitestar

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:14:26 AM

nova has always been very suspicious
at least we have freiexchange

are 0.5 and 0.6 versions of wallet compatible ?

I think the main issue of nova was the excessively heavy KYC policy.

Freiexchange is good, but we need more than one exchange available.
Listing SLM on more exchanges would also add more visibility and offer the arbitrage opportunities for the traders.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 01:04:10 PM

I wonder how do they think we're supposed to withdraw anything considering Nova disabled SLM withdrawal again.

psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 02:21:41 PM

I wonder how do they think we're supposed to withdraw anything considering Nova disabled SLM withdrawal again.

Poke them with a stick in the troll box, helped for me every time I did (also recently before I closed my account there).

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 03:15:33 AM

I wanna buy some other coins that are down a lot lately, anybody's interested in buying 1M SLM?

johnwhitestar

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 07:19:44 AM

I wanna buy some other coins that are down a lot lately, anybody's interested in buying 1M SLM?

Hi @dzarmush,
my orders are on Freiexchange, but if the situation remains as it is without anybody interested to discuss the issues and the ways to solve them I think I'll stop investing into SLM at some point. So hurry up :-p

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: