Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:47:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about what Satoshi said ?  (Read 1053 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:32:31 AM

In Feb. 14, 2010 Satoshi Nakamoto said : I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large (bitcoin) transaction volume or no volume.

Current transactions volume : https://blockchain.info/fr/charts/n-transactions

What do you think about what Satoshi said and how it's going to be in 2029 . As we can see on the Blockchain.info chart volume seems to be increasing with the time however it doesn't seem to be enough , it's not that big ...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:46:17 AM

In Feb. 14, 2010 Satoshi Nakamoto said : I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large (bitcoin) transaction volume or no volume.

What do you think about what Satoshi said and how it's going to be in 2029 . As we can see on the Blockchain.info chart volume seems to be increasing with the time however it doesn't seem to be enough , it's not that big ...
As seeing the present rate of mining i wish that all bitcoins will be mined in coming another decades all will be left with no bitcoins(us) the people who will be rich will be miners..and miners will surely hold the coins and would create a hoarding amoung all people for bitcoins and thus will result " I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large (bitcoin) transaction volume or no volume.
"

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:07:12 AM

that with other 4 halving we will have the verdict about the future of bitcoin, because mining supply would not affect anymore the price since the reward will be very tiny

he said that quote in 2010 btw, so he was aiming at 2030 which is two years after the 5° halving
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:50:21 AM

that with other 4 halving we will have the verdict about the future of bitcoin, because mining supply would not affect anymore the price since the reward will be very tiny

he said that quote in 2010 btw, so he was aiming at 2030 which is two years after the 5° halving

Right sorry I was counting from the creation of Bitcoin which Is 2009  Lips sealed AND ACCORDING to this : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply we should be at the final halving block reward on 2021 then it stays 6.25 BTC
the only thing that we should be afraid of is miners leaving mining I guess ? I mean if price don't increase miners farms won't just waste their money and shutdown or switch to an Altcoin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 12:23:53 PM

This is a common expression and it's bound to be true. IMO, it means nothing. 20 years is too long, there is adequate time for bitcoin to be so successful that we moved on to another generation of crypto currency. So transaction volume would still be zero in 2030 whether Bitcoin is hit or not with the 20 years.  Wink

I believe Satoshi knew he was on to something, but he wasn't sure how big or how fast Bitcoin can grow. So he picked a nice fail-safe number of 20 years. 5 years on, now in 2015, can we be any more sure of a very large volume in 2030?
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:51:08 AM

According to me Satoshi with those words wanted to tell that in that year bitcoin or will be very known and used by to many or will be destroyed by other technologies more advanced. I think that in 2029 bitcoin will very known and will be more used (much more) compared to this year. Much more people from the countries when today is ignored as a currency were have knowledge about it and will use it.

If not the above was a typical Japanese expression which tell something which have to do with the Japanese culture which no one can understand. The Japanese culture I mean. Remember the words of Buda. No one can explain those. Are always with 100 meanings. I think to be ok with all the possible variants which will or can happen.
Moonpig

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:43:17 AM

I think he's entirely right. It's either going to be adopted by the masses or people will lose interest and the price will keep going down until the miners call it a day and quit.
angelakay124

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Crypto-Games.net: DICE, BLACKJACK and SLOT

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:53:44 AM

The thing we can buy with bit coin and the the way we can use bitcoin is the main thing for future price of bit coin. If the government always try to make the bad impression about bit coin than there gonna be continuous fall which will make miners leaving mining transaction getting unconfirmed and ultimately die of bitcoin days. Hope bit coin will be adapted by as many as people who are right now using other payment processor like PayPal.

Provably fair DICE, SLOT and BLACKJACK  
██████████████████████████████████████ CRYPTO-GAMES.NET ██████████████████████████████████████
0.8% House edgeInstant depositFast bets ChatJackpot Starting Faucet 1kMax Faucet 20.5kInvest
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:23:41 PM

exactly, i think that this is the key, the halving, IMHO i think the 2016 is a "pointbreak" that will bring us lot of info about what could happend in the next years.

Dont forget that the world economy is on the precipice and this will match with the 2016 halving, i really think that what will happen than will give us some info about the near future of bitcoin.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:23:44 PM

He is right, the transaction volume has an uptrend.

If we continue on the right path then we will be very popular in 20 years.

If bitcoin dies before then bad luck, but i dont think so.

silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 04:18:44 AM

Right sorry I was counting from the creation of Bitcoin which Is 2009  Lips sealed AND ACCORDING to this : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply we should be at the final halving block reward on 2021 then it stays 6.25 BTC
the only thing that we should be afraid of is miners leaving mining I guess ? I mean if price don't increase miners farms won't just waste their money and shutdown or switch to an Altcoin

Actually, there will be way more halvings. Look slightly below the table that ends on the 6.25 BTC per block. According to that, there will be 33 halvings before one last "halving", reducing the reward to cero. So all bitcoin will be mined by the late 2130s or early 2140s (assuming each halving runs on time at about 4 years, or 3 years and some months).
The transactions will be many by 2030. They're many now (relatively, anyways. I'm sure they'll be parties celebrating the first time we handle a million transactions a day (once we get this block size bullshit gets sorted out). Is a billion transactions a day even possible? I think bitcoin is going to find out.

Miss Fortune

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 06:51:36 AM

Well about his theory, all I can say is that if this happens then I think it is alright at least he did not theorized that it will be erased and be gone. But it is just a theory there are chances that the value of it will rise more than we could ever imagine.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 06:56:20 AM

The slow rise in transaction volume may just be part of a parabolic rise. When critical mass is reached, expect the steep increase! Smiley

Although, then we may run into problems with current block size, which may limit the option of a very large (bitcoin) transaction volume.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:09:56 AM

20 years are very long. Especially with things technology related. I think however that Bitcoin is going to last longer than most people think. The only thing I am not so sure about is when all coins are minted. I know that the fees will then be the miners only income, but that isn't enough. It can only be enough once there is a heck of a lot more transaction volume, which by then means we need to see global adoption. But at this point we don't have to worry about that  Smiley
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:28:36 AM

20 years are very long. Especially with things technology related. I think however that Bitcoin is going to last longer than most people think. The only thing I am not so sure about is when all coins are minted. I know that the fees will then be the miners only income, but that isn't enough. It can only be enough once there is a heck of a lot more transaction volume, which by then means we need to see global adoption. But at this point we don't have to worry about that  Smiley

You can learn more about this (at least all what is known until now) following this link: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply 
mordekaiser

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:54:12 AM

I agree to it I think it is being realistic, not just to expect that the value of it will rise like beyond expectation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: