Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:20:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been scammed 5.5BTC. What will you do when your Bitcoin get scammed?  (Read 11284 times)
Nothingboy (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:33:18 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

But it does happen from time to times, as we are all human beings, we are kind of greedy, we all want more bitcoins, and we all want the bitcoin in our wallet growing and growing ...

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I've been scammed by a ponzi program called Rockwell Partner, I was scammed 5.5 BTC there.
I could do nothing expect shouting everywhere it was a scammer.

What did you do to fight against the scammers when your bitcoin was scammed?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brad Pitt

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:47:19 PM

Well I fight them by not giving them any of my money. People should just stay away from ponzis alltogether as they will scam at some point. Use a trusted escrow for all other deals where you don't trust the other person and you should be fine.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:50:00 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

But it does happen from time to times, as we are all human beings, we are kind of greedy, we all want more bitcoins, and we all want the bitcoin in our wallet growing and growing ...

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I've been scammed by a ponzi program called Rockwell Partner, I was scammed 5.5 BTC there.

Sorry for lose.  I got scammed by gox for a decent chunk of bitcoin so i know how it feels.  I will say i took into account my money was at high risk though i just thought it would be OK with the information i knew at the time.  Obviously i couldn't have been further wrong.  Now im way more careful.
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:51:01 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

I'm sorry to hear this Sad. If it was me, i would forget about it. Don't wasted your time to shout scammers. First it's your first experience, so let your 5.5BTC go because they won't return your BTC anymore. Learn from this and don't try ponzi again Wink
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 01:52:15 PM

Hello buddies,

It would be sad story if our bitcoin get scammed.  Cry

Then, we may get scammed by some online games, get scammed by gambling, get scammed by some investment programs, get scammed by ponzi schemes...etc., we send them our bitcoin base on their promising promises, but after the payment we'll never get their delivery as return ...  and we may even get scammed by our best friends as well ...

now you should have learnt your lesson buddy.

buy and hold is the best strategy for you. you should use BTC too. and learn more about it  Smiley

i never lost a Satoshi.

Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 01:53:15 PM

Sorry to hear that you got scammed ( or you made it up)! Anyways, A scammer scammed me 0.4 BTC at 999dice and this is what i did Tongue

You cannot do anything since the nature of bitcoin doesn't allow to reverse transactions!

amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:28:01 PM

I've been scammed by a ponzi program
This is bitcoin designed for.
Yes. It was designed for scam. Point.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:33:40 PM

So what about the millions lost in chargebacks through credit cards which have 180 days of confirmations? There are more millions lost with cards than there are with Bitcoins.

Bitcoin means responsibility. If you get scammed then get wise and don't be an idiot. And no, scammed by gambling is not a scam, you are taking a risk.

Im sure in the future there will be business made to try to regain losses on a scam anyway, but ultimately it's your fault. Nothing wrong there. I lost money by investing in some shitty alt waiting for a pump that never happened. Why would I complain about losing money? it's stupid. Bitcoin is perfect, I wasn't, I was an idiot, so was OP.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 02:38:10 PM

So what about the millions lost in chargebacks through credit cards which have 180 days of confirmations? There are more millions lost with cards than there are with Bitcoins.

Bitcoin means responsibility. If you get scammed then get wise and don't be an idiot. And no, scammed by gambling is not a scam, you are taking a risk.

This is credit card designed for.

@amaclin

google bitcoin 101  Wink

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:46:45 PM

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:33:34 PM

I would figure out why it happened and what I did wrong, then not do that again

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:36:35 PM

Sorry what?
Check the darknet and have a look what the people are dealing there when it comes to financials.
Bank accounts, credit cards, paypal, Western Union!!!!
And the damage created through that 3 systems is way higher compared to BTC theft.

Regarding credit cards check the link for some statistics.
http://www.statisticbrain.com/credit-card-fraud-statistics/
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:41:04 PM

The best way to not get scammed is not getting scammed, period. If you do get scammed, it was your fault. If you don't want to take care of your own Bitcoins you should use a system like Xapo while you are at it, so if you lose your password you have someone else to blame that isn't you, because it will be their responsability to keep your Bitcoins. Some people like this model better than the responsibility one.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:21:26 PM

There are some very smart and talented scammers out there that are good at what they do. But scams are universal, I couldn't count all the dollar-based scams in the world
Hopalong

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:13:39 PM

Can you document this as i think it is a lie.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1310

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:22:40 PM

well 5.5btc is a big amount, it is my salary for 5months. If it was me, of course I will cry at first but since nothing to do to get them back so its better to pray and hope we will get another 5.5 Smiley

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:34:08 PM

Well you should searched the information about the site you will invest or play with your bitcoin. Thats the advantage of this forum, which you can ask the opinion from other people about some ponzi or suspicious sites. But yeah, Im sorry to hear your loss. Good luck, hope you dont lose any interest for bitcoin because of that.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:42:10 PM

I've never been scammed.  Wanna know why?

Cause I don't do anything stoopid.

Hopalong

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:44:56 PM

well 5.5btc is a big amount, it is my salary for 5months. If it was me, of course I will cry at first but since nothing to do to get them back so its better to pray and hope we will get another 5.5 Smiley

Average wage in my country is around a bitcoin a day so it is a weeks pay.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:50:44 PM

I won't allow myself to get scammed by putting so much BTC at risk. 5.3 BTC on a ponzi is almost a guaranteed loss because no ponzi's are reputable. Sorry for your loss, but I don't allow myself to be put in a situation that will force me to lose my BTC in a scam.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: