Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:40:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been scammed 5.5BTC. What will you do when your Bitcoin get scammed?  (Read 11284 times)
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:31:42 PM

I just stay away from ponzy scheme.. I already got scammed sometime ago.. Very sad for me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinfinder8

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

🚼 Buying Bitcoins 🚼

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 06:51:56 AM

I think there is nothing we can do if we got scammed for that purpose here some hero members are providing escrow services better we use it to not be scammed again.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:11:46 PM

I think there is nothing we can do if we got scammed for that purpose here some hero members are providing escrow services better we use it to not be scammed again.

Yes, there is something you can do. I don't understand why people think the irreversibility of Bitcoin is a plus. The thing you can do is start making purchases using a credit card or debit card or payment service like Amazon Payments. All of those have fraud protection.

Hopalong

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:52:25 PM

Yes, there is something you can do. I don't understand why people think the irreversibility of Bitcoin is a plus. The thing you can do is start making purchases using a credit card or debit card or payment service like Amazon Payments. All of those have fraud protection.

Reading about what Satoshi had in mind for bitcoin would support that. He says that a lot of transactions dont need the trust of a standard payment system like credit cards and we could use something different for that. So if you realy trust the one you are sending your money to you could use bitcoin. Or if the price of something is so low that you dont care you just use bitcoin.
deafro5

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:54:33 PM

I've got scammed by various gambling sites I won big on a sports bet over 80 bitcoin and they said they cant issue it because of a glitch in the system.....it was a 7 game parlay with 10 bitcoin wagered
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 08:52:31 PM

If the scammer can be tracked and his/her identity can be recovered, you could take legal proceedings against them if there is more to gain than lose from the investment. There could be a slot in the "bulk buy" section where you may be able to create a thread for other people who have invested in the same scammer to get money back from the scammer.
If you want to invest 5.5 BTC in a more secure network, I would suggest hashnest.com or bitmaintech.com.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:26:44 AM

if you're trying a site for the first time, why would you deposit 5.5btc into it? makes no sense
Because a fool and his money are quickly parted. Just because they have a lot of money does not mean they are smart.
There are a lot of not quite bright folks holding tons and tons of money from back in the day because they forgot the access to their wallets, and all they did to get those bitcoins was buying some when it was cheap as hell to get some weed in the original Silk Road back in the day.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:08:18 PM

Reading about what Satoshi had in mind for bitcoin would support that. He says that a lot of transactions dont need the trust of a standard payment system like credit cards and we could use something different for that. So if you realy trust the one you are sending your money to you could use bitcoin. Or if the price of something is so low that you dont care you just use bitcoin.

Exactly, Bitcoin has a multitude of uses but sending $1,500 to a total stranger or unknown business isn't one of them. I hope, in time, several businesses spring up that will allow you to send insured/fraud protected Bitcoin transactions as easily as checking a box on your wallet app. Escrow is too clumsy and slow to be truly useful. Besides, escrow is no true guarantee because the escrow person might have a problem of some sort (like dying) while your transaction is in process. For now there are a lot of other options to fill in the gap.

LimitedDev

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:46:21 PM

Contact your local police to see if they can help you
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:49:26 PM

This may be a disadvantage for using bitcoin because my country's law do not have law policy against bitcoin crime. So it means that our goverment tell us to use bitcoin with our own risk
alebeard99

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:53:20 PM

Well I dont plan on getting scammed and am very careful in sending my bitcoin to people as I always insit on using an escrow but if I was scammed I would probably learn my lesson and put it down as an expensive lesson and reinvest
tonycamp

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:59:48 PM

as you can see to be scammed you just need to work or to trust money into others into this forum you can see the confidence and trust of people here some of the longest users are good trust as you can see why trade whit someone not even 10% trust?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:00:31 PM

This may be a disadvantage for using bitcoin because my country's law do not have law policy against bitcoin crime. So it means that our goverment tell us to use bitcoin with our own risk

Yeah me to in my country if you've been scamed 5 bitcoin even though 9999 bitcoins, we dont have law policy about bitcoin crime,so the risk in your hand
so the police would not helping me
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:02:35 PM

I have been scammed by Ponzi schemes too. but I did not do anything about it. simply because I very well know what I was getting into , these Ponzi schemes are obviously full of risk and their ending is also clear so losing money is nothing strange.

Only Bitcoin
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:08:16 PM

I have been scammed by Ponzi schemes too.
Grin Grin Grin Bitcoin itself is a decentralized ponzi scheme!
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 11:09:25 PM

if you're trying a site for the first time, why would you deposit 5.5btc into it? makes no sense
Because a fool and his money are quickly parted. Just because they have a lot of money does not mean they are smart.
There are a lot of not quite bright folks holding tons and tons of money from back in the day because they forgot the access to their wallets, and all they did to get those bitcoins was buying some when it was cheap as hell to get some weed in the original Silk Road back in the day.
If the op had tons of money or bitcoin,he wouldn't be brooding here over his loss

klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:18:35 PM

Bitcoin is not meant to be solution to all the problems, it's meant to be an alternative to fiat. That means it could be used both for noble and for shady things. And that's OK.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:40:49 PM

That's what happens when you deal with a non regulated currency such as Bitcoin. Scams and ponzis are all over it because of this fact. As for fiat, there are scams too, however they're less because the currency is backed and protected by the government (regulated). Just my opinion  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:47:43 PM

I was scammed multiple times by ponzi shits but still I'm investing to some ponzi, that's what I'm doing insted of whining. There's something wrong with me  Undecided
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:02:50 AM

I was scammed multiple times by ponzi shits but still I'm investing to some ponzi, that's what I'm doing insted of whining. There's something wrong with me  Undecided

If you're going to invest in a ponzi, id suggest you just invest the very minimum amount possible of your Bitcoins into it just to be safe. Here's another thing: create multiple accounts in the ponzi with your referral link. That way you'll be scamming them instead of getting yourself scammed  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: