Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:48:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You Guys Are Idiots... (To whoever keeps spamming HN)  (Read 3119 times)
gigabytecoin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 08:33:03 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2011, 08:43:21 PM by gigabytecoin

I warned you, whoever you are... (Can't find my original post but I have talked about this before...)

HN is not a group you want to piss off. They are highly skilled, tightly knit, technical bunch that could do wonders for Bitcoin.

Stop posting all of this drib-drab about "what is bitcoin" and "my stupid simple bitcoin writeup". They do not fucking care.

Check out this story that is getting mad upvotes right now: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=2613271

And check out all of the hatred seen over here: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=2612688

People go to HN to read about HACKER NEWS. Which bitcoin/economy/monetary related information is not.

Whenever we come up with our own open sourced ASIC chip project or we find a collision in the SHA-256 algo or something... by all means post it to HN.

Until then.... Smarten up, you are doing none of us any favors.

There is a wonderfully active sub-reddit that is perfect for these kinds of posts.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 08:47:31 PM

Probably   `agents provocateurs`. Not much you can do about it.

See you-tube video:       
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow
gigabytecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 08:56:06 PM

Probably   `agents provocateurs`. Not much you can do about it.

See you-tube video:      

Ummm what..? I highly doubt that a police force and/or "the man" is posting these stupid write ups - but maybe.
compro01

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:09:50 PM

Probably   `agents provocateurs`. Not much you can do about it.

See you-tube video:      

Ummm what..? I highly doubt that a police force and/or "the man" is posting these stupid write ups - but maybe.

doesn't need to be anything official.  just bunches of randoms who dislike bitcoin for whatever reason or are just looking for something amusing to do.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:36:10 PM

Dislike bitcoin
?? ??
Promote it
?? ??
 Huh
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:38:41 PM

What you see is a lot of bitcoin stories that get voted up, but what you don't see the bitcoin stories that don't get voted up.

I will keep submitting stories. If they like my stories, they will vote them up.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:48:34 PM

Seems like bitcoin concept is frying a few braincells over at HN ... they are unsure if they are going to fall in love with it or spurn it and miss the biggest opportunity of a hacker's lifetime.  Undecided Undecided

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:57:01 PM

Seems like bitcoin concept is frying a few braincells over at HN ... they are unsure if they are going to fall in love with it or spurn it and miss the biggest opportunity of a hacker's lifetime.  Undecided Undecided

They cannot distinguish the difference between a ponzi scheme/bubble and an insane opportunity. For many, the distinction is too fine.

mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:00:12 PM

What else do you expect from teenager hacker wannabees?
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:08:08 PM

What else do you expect from teenager hacker wannabees?

That's not the kind we're talking about. We're talking about twenty years old hacker startup founder wannabe change the world type.

unk

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:11:41 PM

honestly, 'teenager hacker wannabees' applies more readily to the people here than at hn. kiba, anyone?

i wish you people would stop with the 'speculating on bitcoins in the current block chain is the opportunity of a lifetime' nonsense. it doesn't just provoke negative reactions; it provokes legitimate negative reactions because what you're doing when you say that is functionally turning it into a scam. 'get in before it's too late' isn't something that legitimate investments need to have people say about them. the hn people would be right to filter all bitcoin discussion; that's what i'd want to do if i were a regular there.

i've said it before, but i'll say it again: i own a large number of bitcoins in the current block chain that i simply won't sell at the moment not because of my own desire to speculate but because it's just not ethical given the dishonest way people have been promoting it. your greed has gotten the better of you, and that's likely to have unfortunate results for the adoption of bitcoin as a technology.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:25:48 PM

i wish you people would stop with the 'speculating on bitcoins in the current block chain is the opportunity of a lifetime' nonsense. it doesn't just provoke negative reactions; it provokes legitimate negative reactions because what you're doing when you say that is functionally turning it into a scam. 'get in before it's too late' isn't something that legitimate investments need to have people say about them. the hn people would be right to filter all bitcoin discussion; that's what i'd want to do if i were a regular there.

It's called expressing optimism. I am sure that's not a crime.
i've said it before, but i'll say it again: i own a large number of bitcoins in the current block chain that i simply won't sell at the moment not because of my own desire to speculate but because it's just not ethical given the dishonest way people have been promoting it. your greed has gotten the better of you, and that's likely to have unfortunate results for the adoption of bitcoin as a technology.

I, too, don't speculate. However, the HN population is not all the early adopters we will ever have. In case, you have not noticed, the posting rate last month doubled over April.

gigabytecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:39:03 PM

It's called expressing optimism. I am sure that's not a crime.

I, too, don't speculate. However, the HN population is not all the early adopters we will ever have. In case, you have not noticed, the posting rate last month doubled over April.

I noticed that, which is a great thing... but does not detract from the fact that we are almost causing an entire community to turn their backs on us and that is never a good thing.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:42:25 PM

I noticed that, which is a great thing... but does not detract from the fact that we are almost causing an entire community to turn their backs on us and that is never a good thing.

A bunch of cranky loud HN users community represent not. Last time I check, there's no cabal of bitcoin users that are part of a voting block.

JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 12:05:25 AM

I see an almost equal amount of people hating and defending bitcoin in those threads. Haters always gonna hate man, why are you being emotional about it?
rezin777

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 12:15:25 AM

i've said it before, but i'll say it again: i own a large number of bitcoins in the current block chain that i simply won't sell at the moment not because of my own desire to speculate but because it's just not ethical given the dishonest way people have been promoting it.

Suggesting that Bitcoins are not worth what they are currently fetching in the open market (which is exactly what you are doing in the quoted text) is as dishonest as suggesting they are worth more than what they are currently fetching in the open market.

By suggesting that it is unethical to sell at the moment, you clearly demonstrate that you feel the price is too high. After all, there would be no conflict with your ethics if the price was too low (or just right), regardless of how they were promoted.

Also, by holding your Bitcoins you are effectively limiting the supply on the market, which will increase the price.

Finally, you can sell your Bitcoins for any price you wish, regardless of what the market suggests.

If you were being honest about your reasons for not selling (which you had to make a point about), you would make an offer at the price you feel is fair, and sell your coins to anyone who meets your offer.

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 12:21:57 AM

honestly, 'teenager hacker wannabees' applies more readily to the people here than at hn. kiba, anyone?

A legitimate Bitcoin detractor wouldn't be holding BTC, nor bother hijacking a thread instead of making his point loud and clear in his own anti Bitcoin thread, let alone spew bullshit on individual users or pretend he's loaded with some BTC that he won't unload cuz hey the price ain't fair... really? Is that how dry your "anti Bitcoinism" is right now? Does it get more and more comical as the price reaches new highs?

JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 12:23:02 AM

Bwahahaha oh please, get over yourself. If you really think that way then you should be giving your bitcoins away for free to late adopters, or to some homeless people or something.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 12:25:10 AM

unk sounds like he might be internally conflicted with his new found wealth.

If it is cutting you up so much just sell the damn things ... oh, "but wait there's more" ... if i sell now, i'll be part of the scam ... huh?, you've circularly argued yourself into irrelevancy ... there is no way out of that loop except self-hate ... see you in hell unk.

finack

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 01:26:24 AM

i wish you people would stop with the 'speculating on bitcoins in the current block chain is the opportunity of a lifetime' nonsense. it doesn't just provoke negative reactions; it provokes legitimate negative reactions because what you're doing when you say that is functionally turning it into a scam. '

I think the problem here is that if you break into a boiler room and say "jesus, you people sound like pump and dump artists" they are just going to shrug and get back on the phone.

Point blank, some of the regular HN spammers like the one protesting too much in this thread (just as a for example) don't give a shit how they're coming across to the majority there as long as they are getting some traction with somebody.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: