Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:18:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you like on a Bitcoin Council that represented the BTC community?  (Read 6304 times)
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 03:36:38 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 04:24:48 PM by paraipan

I think this idea need to be revised and put into practice rather sooner than later. We're already starting to see "benevolent programmers" between ranks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197414

I would vote for having an "invested" Bitcoin Council, like everyone that has a certain threshold of bitcoins can propose and vote for other proposals. Selecting certain individuals would not be necessary in this case.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:00:33 PM

Nice necrothread.

Political development is so... predictable.

So to balance the House of Lords, we institute a House of Commons?  Sure.  Why not?

I want smoothie in there,  For the first group portrait, I want him to be stepping on evolve's foot.  [n.b., that's an historical reference, not a desire to inflict pain...]

Crap.  I really didn't want to be condemned to repeat the past.  I thought bitcoin was our ticket out of that shopworn place...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:20:49 PM

+1

Never thought of agree with Gweedo on something though :-)

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
anyroll

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:01:06 AM

Max kieser definitly! Even though hes a little nuts he has some damn good points!  Grin
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:33:56 AM

I'm going back to my initial thoughts from a few years ago (and taking the side of myself that wishes for the best health of Bitcoin...)

I wish the entire project to be head-less and any hierarchy to be nebulous and ill defined.  This will make it more difficult to attack and manipulate in a predictable way.  I believe things would work out that way and 'Bitcoin' would be better for it.

On the other end of the spectrum (where a different side of me lives) the Bitcoin Foundation is doing a decent job of making me rich off my speculation.  That's fine with me to.  Those who would mold Bitcoin into a system which could be adopted more or less in-total by large corporations would probably make me richer faster so there is a side of me that favors that path as well.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:45:47 AM

I'm going back to my initial thoughts from a few years ago (and taking the side of myself that wishes for the best health of Bitcoin...)

I wish the entire project to be head-less and any hierarchy to be nebulous and ill defined.  This will make it more difficult to attack and manipulate in a predictable way.  I believe things would work out that way and 'Bitcoin' would be better for it.
I think a lot of people would love a headless bitcoin system, but obvious the power at be, have different plans for that.

On the other end of the spectrum (where a different side of me lives) the Bitcoin Foundation is doing a decent job of making me rich off my speculation.  That's fine with me to.  Those who would mold Bitcoin into a system which could be adopted more or less in-total by large corporations would probably make me richer faster so there is a side of me that favors that path as well.

The bitcoin foundation is doing that? Also bitcoin foundation isn't make anyone rich, that is the free market and the passion of the community. I know I have contacted many sites, begging and even helping them to accept bitcoins. So thank you for crediting the foundation for the communities hard work. Also I am pretty sure bitpay, and coinbase are making it easier for large corporations to operate with little overhead in the bitcoin. The bitcoin foundation has done nothing but fill the pockets of one person, that is why we need to break the monopoly, but it will be very tough.

As bitcoin could be easily aligned to bitcoin foundation views since the dev members control the foundation, another foundation or council would not be able to have that same effect. It is power would have to come from the people only and it will not be an easy battle, it would be a very difficult and more pseudo-political power.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 08:24:13 AM

Heirarchial systems are fail.

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:26:31 AM

I think everyone that was part of the decision making during the chainfork night should be in, they are effectively the guys who matters.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:29:32 AM

I nominate each and every one of us, acting in our own rational self interest, providing ideas whose merits are based only on the quality of those ideas, and on how much the people who came up with those ideas are willing to put in to make them a reality.
I still don't know why we need a specific single group, or even competing groups.

Funny how people continued to post after this.
Because this is exactly how Bitcoin works.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: