Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:23:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help miners are not getting detected on raspberry pi  (Read 869 times)
kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 11:10:57 PM

i boot my pi with SD card but entire Wheezy OS is on USB stick. when i installed any mining software it detects only the miners which are attached directly with the pi not with the usb hub. now it detects hub any suggestions

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:33:17 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 06:50:30 PM by toptek

i boot my pi with SD card but entire Wheezy OS is on USB stick. when i installed any mining software it detects only the miners which are attached directly with the pi not with the usb hub. now it detects hub any suggestions

IS the hub USB 3 ? or the new USB that just came out neither work well on a PI, if at all .

all most all USB 3 hubs don't work on any PI including the PI 2, even the Hubs that say they default to USB 2 . and if it does work it is not working at USB 3 speed .

I my self can confirm USB 3 hubs have issue with PI including the PI 2 ,I have a USB 3 hub that will not work with any PI or even default to USB 2 and says it will work with a PI.

we need more info how it is plugged in, the USB hub name/model .

Not to sure what you mean by:

I boot my pi with SD card but entire Wheezy OS is on USB stick ? .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 07:01:54 PM

have a look to this post so u get an idea about how i move my entire raspbian filesystem to USB stick
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=44177

concerning rest of the thing even im not sure whats happening. when i installed entire OS on SD card i can detect my GAW furys attached to USB hub on pi but when i use above guide it just detects the USB hub but not the attached miners to the hub wondering if there is any issues with the drivers or something else.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:13:48 PM

have a look to this post so u get an idea about how i move my entire raspbian filesystem to USB stick

concerning rest of the thing even im not sure whats happening. when i installed entire OS on SD card i can detect my GAW furys attached to USB hub on pi but when i use above guide it just detects the USB hub but not the attached miners to the hub wondering if there is any issues with the drivers or something else.

could be a driver issue with the USB stick over the PI , I'm not to sure just how to load drivers on a USB stick that you use with the PI  to make it see every thing . the DEV of Minera pointed that out one time when some one tired this in his thread they had the same issue tiring to run PI drivers off a usb stick, i think he said it is poss but didn't say much more .

Sense you say it runs fine on a on the PI with no issue but not on the USB stick , more then likely drivers not connecting up right .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 08:15:49 PM

could be a drive issue with the USB stick over the PI , I'm not to sure just how to load driver on a USB stick that you use with the PI  to make it see every thing . the DEV of Minera pointed that out one time when some one tired this in his thread they had the same issue tiring to run PI drivers off a usb stick, i think he said is poss but didn't say much more .

yeah i rmbr it but cant find solution so far, thanks though

kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 01:57:55 PM

thx for moving thread to relate forum just bumping up in hope some1 has a solution except advising to buy a new SDcard Smiley

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:46:05 PM

only thing i can suggest trying is to put the usb drive on its own powerd hub. see if it can stabilize the usb power enough to keep the pi happy. other than that i do suggest buying a sdcard (microsd with the adapters work just as well and cost like $5 just get a class 10 and your fine)

kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 10:25:35 PM

only thing i can suggest trying is to put the usb drive on its own powerd hub. see if it can stabilize the usb power enough to keep the pi happy. other than that i do suggest buying a sdcard (microsd with the adapters work just as well and cost like $5 just get a class 10 and your fine)

nice idea let me try it might it will work otherwise last resort option is always there

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:58:36 AM

nice idea let me try it might it will work otherwise last resort option is always there

is it the PI or the PI2 the original pi has major issues with usb devices due to a very limited usb controller

kevin1234a (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 09:37:13 PM

is it the PI or the PI2 the original pi has major issues with usb devices due to a very limited usb controller

its original pi and now i already got new SD card and dump it for the time being

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: