Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:57:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 415624 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:59:17 PM

I have this feeling that all the idiots who scream that BFL is a scam will just disappear and make new accounts later this year. And there will be a few nuts that believe that hundreds of forum users are being paid by BFL to act like they got working ASIC's.

Failed to deliver?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:50:04 PM

I openly speculated about the integrity of the process...  (I ordered $2666 in July-August 2012).  They forced a refund upon me and booted me out of my 3xxx and 4,xxx orders of 60 gh/s respectfully just a few days ago. 

Josh said I could vote with my money, but it looks like he did the voting for me. I'm sad and I feel cheated.  They won't talk to me.  =(

After PuertoLibre's fake avalon/dhl shipping notice, (yes, that low can someone's self esteem sink), this is a good joke too:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.msg2100103#msg2100103

Hahaha! That's awesome. This guy wants to defame the company and do nothing but complain, but then he gets all butthurt when they tell him to take his business elsewhere!

"I hate you and your company so much, but don't you DARE tell me I can't buy your products!" The hypocrisy is overwhelming!

I have, as a business owner myself, had the wonderful satisfaction of telling the very rare disagreeable customer to take their money and get the fuck out. The reaction is always PRICELESS. You can tell that people really believe this "The customer is always right" crap, to mean that they're entitled to behave any way they want, and businesses are obligated to just put up with it.

You're not entitled to force me into an abusive customer/business relationship. If you're unhappy, I'll try and make you a happy customer. If you're just going to be a prick, I'll save us both some time, and you can go be somebody else's problem.

99.999% of all of my customer interactions are amicable, and most 'dissatisfied' customers are easily turned into satisfied customers with very little effort, a little dialogue and compromise on both sides. It doesn't always involve me giving exactly what they asked for in their complaint.

If I have a delay in being able to fill somebody's order, I give them a choice of a refund, or waiting it out. Regardless, the choice is in their hands. If they believe that my product is worth waiting for, they will. If not, they can seek other arrangements. Most rational human beings can understand that. I used to work for a very large computer company (not legally allowed to say who). More than once, I blacklisted idiot customers (business accounts even) from ever being able to place an order, or get phone support ever again (wonder how well it went for them when they had to explain to the boss man why he now no longer had a service contract, or the ability to buy his computers from that company anymore).

No longer in the computer business, but I have a customer who has been waiting on a $2900 order since September (This is a customer who orders $20,000 worth of products a year through me), when the original estimated delivery time was back in December. I CLEARLY underestimated the wait time. Most of this was based off of feedback from the manufacturer, some of it was probably too much optimism on my part. Either way, the result is, it's been 7 months for what was SUPPOSED to take 2 months, and we're still counting down.

Every few weeks, I provide an update on the fact that I'm STILL waiting on a supplier to provide his order to me, and EVERY TIME I offer to refund him if he doesn't feel like waiting anymore. And EVERY TIME, he thanks me for the offer but chooses to continue with his order, as my price is competitive with everybody else and he's not likely to get it much faster anywhere else. Keep in mind that due to government paperwork, that even AFTER his order gets to me, it will still be tied up in bureaucratic red tape for another 3-4 Months, even if it showed up in my hands TODAY.

If, for some reason, he started trolling forums and defaming my business, calling me a scammer, etc, etc. I would write him a refund check, PRONTO, and tell him that his customer privileges have been revoked. Then again, he's not an asshole, so I can't see this ever happening.

I fully support BFL's response to the idiots who want to go around trashing them but also think they are entitled to continue to buy whatever they want from them. The world doesn't owe you anything. BFL doesn't owe you anything. Learn to watch what you say about people that you want to do business with, because business is a two-way street. You have the right to take your business elsewhere, but business owners have the right to send you packing as well. I love it when a company owner has the cajones to remind imbeciles of that fact from time to time.

The Westboro Baptist church went to a small town in Southeastern Oklahoma one time, to spew their hate at whatever random event was happening that day (military funeral, I believe). Somebody cut 2 of their tires.

The WBCers drove all around town on 2 flat tires trying to find a tire shop to buy tires from. Every single tire shop they stopped at recognized them and told them they weren't worthy to be their customers.

They finally ended up going to Wal-Mart, who has no standards and is used to interacting with trash, and got some tires. As far as I know, the WBC have never been back to McAlester Oklahoma. Wink

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:53:33 PM

Gotta love these bootlicking Kool-Aid drinkers willing and eager to scream their praises of the people scamming them.  It'd be sad if it wasn't so hilarious.
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:09:29 PM

I openly speculated about the integrity of the process...  (I ordered $2666 in July-August 2012).  They forced a refund upon me and booted me out of my 3xxx and 4,xxx orders of 60 gh/s respectfully just a few days ago. 

Josh said I could vote with my money, but it looks like he did the voting for me. I'm sad and I feel cheated.  They won't talk to me.  =(

After PuertoLibre's fake avalon/dhl shipping notice, (yes, that low can someone's self esteem sink), this is a good joke too:

Hahaha! That's awesome. This guy wants to defame the company and do nothing but complain, but then he gets all butthurt when they tell him to take his business elsewhere!

"I hate you and your company so much, but don't you DARE tell me I can't buy your products!" The hypocrisy is overwhelming!

I have, as a business owner myself, had the wonderful satisfaction of telling the very rare disagreeable customer to take their money and get the fuck out. The reaction is always PRICELESS. You can tell that people really believe this "The customer is always right" crap, to mean that they're entitled to behave any way they want, and businesses are obligated to just put up with it.

You're not entitled to force me into an abusive customer/business relationship. If you're unhappy, I'll try and make you a happy customer. If you're just going to be a prick, I'll save us both some time, and you can go be somebody else's problem.

99.999% of all of my customer interactions are amicable, and most 'dissatisfied' customers are easily turned into satisfied customers with very little effort, a little dialogue and compromise on both sides. It doesn't always involve me giving exactly what they asked for in their complaint.

If I have a delay in being able to fill somebody's order, I give them a choice of a refund, or waiting it out. Regardless, the choice is in their hands. If they believe that my product is worth waiting for, they will. If not, they can seek other arrangements. Most rational human beings can understand that. I used to work for a very large computer company (not legally allowed to say who). More than once, I blacklisted idiot customers (business accounts even) from ever being able to place an order, or get phone support ever again (wonder how well it went for them when they had to explain to the boss man why he now no longer had a service contract, or the ability to buy his computers from that company anymore).

No longer in the computer business, but I have a customer who has been waiting on a $2900 order since September (This is a customer who orders $20,000 worth of products a year through me), when the original estimated delivery time was back in December. I CLEARLY underestimated the wait time. Most of this was based off of feedback from the manufacturer, some of it was probably too much optimism on my part. Either way, the result is, it's been 7 months for what was SUPPOSED to take 2 months, and we're still counting down.

Every few weeks, I provide an update on the fact that I'm STILL waiting on a supplier to provide his order to me, and EVERY TIME I offer to refund him if he doesn't feel like waiting anymore. And EVERY TIME, he thanks me for the offer but chooses to continue with his order, as my price is competitive with everybody else and he's not likely to get it much faster anywhere else. Keep in mind that due to government paperwork, that even AFTER his order gets to me, it will still be tied up in bureaucratic red tape for another 3-4 Months, even if it showed up in my hands TODAY.

If, for some reason, he started trolling forums and defaming my business, calling me a scammer, etc, etc. I would write him a refund check, PRONTO, and tell him that his customer privileges have been revoked. Then again, he's not an asshole, so I can't see this ever happening.

I fully support BFL's response to the idiots who want to go around trashing them but also think they are entitled to continue to buy whatever they want from them. The world doesn't owe you anything. BFL doesn't owe you anything. Learn to watch what you say about people that you want to do business with, because business is a two-way street. You have the right to take your business elsewhere, but business owners have the right to send you packing as well. I love it when a company owner has the cajones to remind imbeciles of that fact from time to time.

The Westboro Baptist church went to a small town in Southeastern Oklahoma one time, to spew their hate at whatever random event was happening that day (military funeral, I believe). Somebody cut 2 of their tires.

The WBCers drove all around town on 2 flat tires trying to find a tire shop to buy tires from. Every single tire shop they stopped at recognized them and told them they weren't worthy to be their customers.

They finally ended up going to Wal-Mart, who has no standards and is used to interacting with trash, and got some tires. As far as I know, the WBC have never been back to McAlester Oklahoma. Wink
cool story bro
Bitvik

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:06:12 PM

Priceless.
sir

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:31:16 PM

I was not shure to risk in bfl or no.
massnerder

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:16:30 PM

I openly speculated about the integrity of the process...  (I ordered $2666 in July-August 2012).  They forced a refund upon me and booted me out of my 3xxx and 4,xxx orders of 60 gh/s respectfully just a few days ago.  

Josh said I could vote with my money, but it looks like he did the voting for me. I'm sad and I feel cheated.  They won't talk to me.  =(

cool story bro

LOL cool story indeed.  What this customer service superstar seems to overlook is that there is a clear difference between trashing the company with accusations/being a asshole in general and simply asking a few questions.  Josh's conduct in this thread alone is a perfect example of why so many people are upset with BFL.  Questions are asked, and he gets all upset while name calling and raving about how these questions have been answered before and how dare you even ask them....  He can take the time to spew out his negative feelings about the community reaction to the company, but he can't simply paste a link or 2 and point out those answers like a professional.  Because, after all, it's much easier to type out a long bitchy response to someone than it is to hit ctrl+v.  Roll Eyes
28storm

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:26:11 PM

Why do people think there a scam now that they sent real devices out to people?
MooC Tals

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:35:53 PM

Why do people think there a scam now that they sent real devices out to people?

The scam is the revolving perpetual bating of consumers while insinuating that a shipment was around the corner and taking thus monies to continue the RnD until it was done with a prototype.

The refunds going out were replenished with new pre-orders and keeping the company afloat. This was timed in a way to keep the coffers flush with money. This was happening since July of last year.

They still have many new orders coming in from unsuspecting dupes (that have no idea of the history of this company or the people behind the name) that are waiting for a product that by the time they receive it will have eaten most of their ROI due to difficulty targeting.

There is more....
Chaoskampf

Activity: 182

order in numbers

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:39:56 PM

If BFL has access to all these ASICs, does that mean it's more profitable to sell them than mine on their own using them? If their hash stats are accurate, then It would seem that that's not the case. Something just doesn't seem right. Maybe I'm unduly suspicious?

saint-tropez

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:43:27 PM

all this btf thing is so suspicious.... they can make a fortune out of this ASICs just running them in stealth mode.
MooC Tals

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:56:56 PM

all this btf thing is so suspicious.... they can make a fortune out of this ASICs just running them in stealth mode.

The end goal is USD and everyone needs to remember that. Pre-orders are not taxed if a refund is on the books later. The money is 100% interest free as well. We can give them as many benefits of doubts all around. I for one will never buy anything from a company so shady and with such disdain towards its customers. Look up the Co-owner Sonny V. then add the history of the company and then watch what they do. Then you will see the scam.IMHO
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:46:04 PM

I openly speculated about the integrity of the process...  (I ordered $2666 in July-August 2012).  They forced a refund upon me and booted me out of my 3xxx and 4,xxx orders of 60 gh/s respectfully just a few days ago.  

Josh said I could vote with my money, but it looks like he did the voting for me. I'm sad and I feel cheated.  They won't talk to me.  =(

cool story bro

LOL cool story indeed.  What this customer service superstar seems to overlook is that there is a clear difference between trashing the company with accusations/being a asshole in general and simply asking a few questions.  Josh's conduct in this thread alone is a perfect example of why so many people are upset with BFL.  Questions are asked, and he gets all upset while name calling and raving about how these questions have been answered before and how dare you even ask them....  He can take the time to spew out his negative feelings about the community reaction to the company, but he can't simply paste a link or 2 and point out those answers like a professional.  Because, after all, it's much easier to type out a long bitchy response to someone than it is to hit ctrl+v.  Roll Eyes

Indeed there is a difference. Hence why plenty of people have asked questions, and not had their orders canceled. They aren't canceling orders for every question. They're canceling orders for assholes trashing their business.

I've dealt with plenty of customer questions, and usually do my best to work with them. It's a VEEERRRRY rare occurrence that I tell somebody to GTFO, and it's because they're being an asshole.

We can all see plenty of people who've merely "asked questions" who didn't get their orders canceled, and get blacklisted. So the idea that BFL is canceling orders of those who 'ask questions' is asinine.

And even if they WERE doing so, that's their prerogative. It won't make good business sense, but if they want to cancel every order of any person who asks them a question, they're well within their rights to do so, and you don't have a basis to "Sue or get revenge some other way" as somebody suggested.

If you're gonna talk smack about/cop attitude with a company, be prepared to lose the option to do business with them. If you intend to have a working business relationship with somebody, behave in a manner that fosters feelings of mutual respect. Especially if you're in the position of being hosed if they tell you to get lost.

For every one customer that pulls out or gets booted for running his mouth, there are 10 more willing to take his spot. Beggars can't be choosers.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:54:09 PM

I've dealt with plenty of customer questions, and usually do my best to work with them. It's a VEEERRRRY rare occurrence that I tell somebody to GTFO, and it's because they're being an asshole.

Well, Josh's response to practically any question is to shower the asker with obscenities.  Have you even paid any attention to these jerks?
djmarsat

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:59:10 PM

Yeah they're a bunch of cons.  Nothing about their operation makes sense if you assume its legit.  The other day I looked on ebay and found a bunch of sellers hawking their preorders for x2 to x3 what BFL charges, lol.  The great cycle of scam continues.

Selling rigs to miners is a better way of making money. I'm seeing some good returns selling LiteCoin GPU rigs. What's wrong with people selling pre-orders on eBay if the demand is there?

I think BFL have genuinley had a lot of problems. Business projects frequently go over timescales over the smallest things. Do people really think they're sitting on all the ASIC devices?

MooC Tals

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:59:38 PM

cool story bro

LOL cool story indeed.  What this customer service superstar seems to overlook is that there is a clear difference between trashing the company with accusations/being a asshole in general and simply asking a few questions.  Josh's conduct in this thread alone is a perfect example of why so many people are upset with BFL.  Questions are asked, and he gets all upset while name calling and raving about how these questions have been answered before and how dare you even ask them....  He can take the time to spew out his negative feelings about the community reaction to the company, but he can't simply paste a link or 2 and point out those answers like a professional.  Because, after all, it's much easier to type out a long bitchy response to someone than it is to hit ctrl+v.  Roll Eyes

Indeed there is a difference. Hence why plenty of people have asked questions, and not had their orders canceled. They aren't canceling orders for every question. They're canceling orders for assholes trashing their business.

We can all see plenty of people who've merely "asked questions" who didn't get their orders canceled, and get blacklisted. So the idea that BFL is canceling orders of those who 'ask questions' is asinine.

And even if they WERE doing so, that's their prerogative. It won't make good business sense, but if they want to cancel every order of any person who asks them a question, they're well within their rights to do so, and you don't have a basis to "Sue or get revenge some other way" as somebody suggested.

If you're gonna talk smack about/cop attitude with a company, be prepared to lose the option to do business with them. If you intend to have a working business relationship with somebody, behave in a manner that fosters feelings of mutual respect. Especially if you're in the position of being hosed if they tell you to get lost.

For every one customer that pulls out or gets booted for running his mouth, there are 10 more willing to take his spot. Beggars can't be choosers.

Your placing BFL on the same level of business ethics as your self. Are you cheating your customers? No are you lying to your customers and when they ask question about your business practices you become irate and refuse to work with them? I assume you hold more standards at a higher level.

I asked for a refund not because I did not like their service or product. I asked for my refund ONLY if they could not give me a solid date that they could do in writing. I was not even given a reply as a matter of fact my reply was my money in return. Now that was in Jan 15 of the year 2013. I had waited 3 months and read every update.

Would I have made that purchase if I knew the product was not going to be shipped until 6-7 months later? I believe I would not be so ridiculous. Now was I mislead into purchasing a product? Now how many out there now believe the product will be shipped soon?

This has been happening since July of the year 2012. I believe you have a better business sense of what your customers want in your products right?

Edit: Fact every month they change their website estimate of shipping soon to the next month I have seen this happen already 3 times .... So far
neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:30:22 PM

I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on one

massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:43:38 PM

There was another person in this thread besides the one you quoted who was banned for asking how many units had shipped, not for being an asshole, so I would disagree on whether or not that idea is asinine, but anyway.... You completely sidestep my point here.  What about the potential customers who are treated like shit for simply asking questions?  Because that certainly is happening more often than cancelled orders.  How does talking shit on forums, trashing the people who are trashing your company, and refusing to provide any citations for the claims you make fall under the umbrella of 'good service'?  Not only does it show how concerned they are(not) with keeping customers happy, it damages their reputation as a whole which is also typically bad for business.  Think about it, if a question that irritates Josh or whomever up there could be answered by saying 'Hey, we have addressed that, click here for more info.' - in that case then what type of business person would opt to just call that person who asked an idiot instead, as they have many times over?

MT has it right, as you yourself say "behave in a manner that fosters feelings of mutual respect" - and I don't see that type of behavior coming from BFL.  Not that that is an excuse for the way some people talk about them, but it is an excuse for me to not do business with them.  You originally defended their right to not engage in an abusive customer-business relationship, and that holds true just as much as everybody has the same right not to engage in an abusive business-customer relationship.  You may be great at keeping customers happy, but you aren't BFL, are you?
djmarsat

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:54:59 PM

There was another person in this thread besides the one you quoted who was banned for asking how many units had shipped, not for being an asshole, so I would disagree on whether or not that idea is asinine, but anyway.... You completely sidestep my point here.  What about the potential customers who are treated like shit for simply asking questions?  Because that certainly is happening more often than cancelled orders.  How does talking shit on forums, trashing the people who are trashing your company, and refusing to provide any citations for the claims you make fall under the umbrella of 'good service'?  Not only does it show how concerned they are(not) with keeping customers happy, it damages their reputation as a whole which is also typically bad for business.  Think about it, if a question that irritates Josh or whomever up there could be answered by saying 'Hey, we have addressed that, click here for more info.' - in that case then what type of business person would opt to just call that person an idiot instead, as they have many times over?

MT has it right, as you yourself say "behave in a manner that fosters feelings of mutual respect" - and I don't see that type of behavior coming from BFL.  Not that that is an excuse for the way some people talk about them, but it is an excuse for me to not do business with them.  You originally defended their right to not engage in an abusive customer-business relationship, and that holds true just as much as everybody has the same right not to engage in an abusive business-customer relationship.  You may be great at keeping customers happy, but you aren't BFL, are you?

People need to be careful what they put in the public domain (you can be taken to court, this has happened several times recently for forum comments about companies). Clealry communicating with their customers is a bit of a problem for BFL, however, I believe they are doing what they can. Personal feelings can make people behave irrationally. You are investing in a new product in an emerging market. There will be many problems along the way. What do you expect?
MooC Tals

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:09:15 PM

There was another person in this thread besides the one you quoted who was banned for asking how many units had shipped, not for being an asshole, so I would disagree on whether or not that idea is asinine, but anyway.... You completely sidestep my point here.  What about the potential customers who are treated like shit for simply asking questions?  Because that certainly is happening more often than cancelled orders.  How does talking shit on forums, trashing the people who are trashing your company, and refusing to provide any citations for the claims you make fall under the umbrella of 'good service'?  Not only does it show how concerned they are(not) with keeping customers happy, it damages their reputation as a whole which is also typically bad for business.  Think about it, if a question that irritates Josh or whomever up there could be answered by saying 'Hey, we have addressed that, click here for more info.' - in that case then what type of business person would opt to just call that person an idiot instead, as they have many times over?

MT has it right, as you yourself say "behave in a manner that fosters feelings of mutual respect" - and I don't see that type of behavior coming from BFL.  Not that that is an excuse for the way some people talk about them, but it is an excuse for me to not do business with them.  You originally defended their right to not engage in an abusive customer-business relationship, and that holds true just as much as everybody has the same right not to engage in an abusive business-customer relationship.  You may be great at keeping customers happy, but you aren't BFL, are you?

People need to be careful what they put in the public domain (you can be taken to court, this has happened several times recently for forum comments about companies). Clealry communicating with their customers is a bit of a problem for BFL, however, I believe they are doing what they can. Personal feelings can make people behave irrationally. You are investing in a new product in an emerging market. There will be many problems along the way. What do you expect?

I would also say there are rules of conduct a company must follow on expected times of delivery on pre-orders. These are not followed by bfl. I would welcome a court action and many would put that company so far under the mail fraud would be the least of sonnys concerns. The cause of action against BFL would only hurt the dupes invested in bfl. I assure you court is not a problem. Its a remedy.

People are just lazy. However if BFL has a case on any individual I assure you we have plenty of evidence and motive by many individuals. Remember shady companies dislike the spotlight put on their business practices. Their families and past dealings with law.

Do some more research on the individuals involved.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: