Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:02:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin become the best technology ?  (Read 2864 times)
placeb0

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:41:48 PM

I don't think bitcoin is the technology that will reshape the future, but the blockchain tech might. It has the potential of completely change the scenario of modern society.
Agree. BTC has some fundamental flaws, that won’t let in become the “best” untill they are solved.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:53:12 PM

I don't think bitcoin is the technology that will reshape the future, but the blockchain tech might. It has the potential of completely change the scenario of modern society.
Agree. BTC has some fundamental flaws, that won’t let in become the “best” untill they are solved.

it definitely has the potential to shape the financial sector. bitcoin is open source which makes it perfectly fine to insert changes needed to make it more user friendly and future proof.
thebenjamincode

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:18:47 AM

A day ago I was thinking if bitcoin is a currency or a technology since it's a tech stock.  Now, for the uninitiated, Bitcoin is supposed to be the online currency that will free us from state-backed ones. It's a cryptographically-sophisticated virtual currency you can use to buy real things over peer-to-peer networks without leaving a trace in the real world. The idea is to create money that central banks can't debase and governments can't tax. In other words, digital gold. Actually, make that anonymous digital gold.
umair01

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:15:54 AM

A day ago I was thinking if bitcoin is a currency or a technology since it's a tech stock.  Now, for the uninitiated, Bitcoin is supposed to be the online currency that will free us from state-backed ones. It's a cryptographically-sophisticated virtual currency you can use to buy real things over peer-to-peer networks without leaving a trace in the real world. The idea is to create money that central banks can't debase and governments can't tax. In other words, digital gold. Actually, make that anonymous digital gold.
nice evaluation done there , you have a point , Anonymous Digital Gold in form of Bitcoin , it's unique , it's not just a technology for me , it's a bundle of technologies gathered all together for the better purpose
Rago

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:24:46 AM

NO
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:34:16 AM

I just read a poster saying "Bitcoin is not the best technology around".  It made me wonder.  Can it be changed to be better and if so is that what is planned or is the technology so baked in that it cannot be improved upon?

it needs more time and more acceptance to become better

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:38:33 AM

bitcoin has definitely change the financial world and the concept of currency and money all over the world but it is not yet the best technology because it doesn't solve any major (big) problems of the world

Only Bitcoin
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:29:21 AM

I just read a poster saying "Bitcoin is not the best technology around".  It made me wonder.  Can it be changed to be better and if so is that what is planned or is the technology so baked in that it cannot be improved upon?

I would say technology has a wide range of applications.
So one cannot say that one or the other is the best technology.
One can say however that Block Chain is the best technology for decentralized applications, and I doubt anyone can argue with that.
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:54:35 AM

bitcoin has definitely change the financial world and the concept of currency and money all over the world but it is not yet the best technology because it doesn't solve any major (big) problems of the world

Yeah and it can become the best technology only if the government comes in the support of bitcoins, or else it would be just treated as a secondary currency, Government support can make a difference as new technology needs a support from government.
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:47:28 AM

Yeah and it can become the best technology only if the government comes in the support of bitcoins, or else it would be just treated as a secondary currency, Government support can make a difference as new technology needs a support from government.
The bitcoin was not made for any government support, that's why it is said to be decentralized.
Don't you know that Huh
If government start supporting bitcoins(which they never will)  then it's the end of bitcoin.
Government hates Bitcoin but loves the block chain.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:22:32 AM

Bitcoin was made to solve people problem with government, taxes, and banks, not to solve all big problems in the world. There is no technology could solve all problem at once imo Smiley

The governments wont support anything that couldnt get any advantage for them, which they will lose their taxes from people and banks couldnt operate again.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
uknohowwedo

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 08:29:59 PM

bitcoin will always be used by outsiders and not the mainstream fuck the pigs!
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:17:57 AM

What you mean by doesn't solve major problems of the world?

Bitcoin is just a money so it can't solve all problems for people.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:42:09 AM

The term "best technology" should actually be defined better as framed in this question.  There are plenty of examples where just because a technology was good didn't mean that it was ever developed and used to its full potential.  Electric cars have been around for decades but are only now finally catching some traction and of course on a very limited scale at this time.  VHS versus Beta-Max is another example where neither tech was necessarily better than the other.  It was simply a matter of marketing and subjective public opinion that led to the flourishing of one with the demise of the other.

Bitcoin isn't much different.  It's software driven and that software is constantly being tweaked to explore one feature or another.  However, the success of Bitcoin is important.  The heavy lifting on that front was all done by Bitcoin.  Bitcoin proved that digital currency can work and for that reason it will always be in the history books as the founding tech of crypto coins.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
xhoneyael

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 11:34:12 AM

Bitcoin will not become that best technology
but its the best and will be the best cryptocurrency  Grin

Mowcore

Activity: 592

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:39:55 AM

This will become the best technology..

period.

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:47:28 AM

bitcoin is definitely the best in its own category but not the best technology over all. i mean there are far more better technologies that are more useful.

but in financial field and the crypto world it definitely is the best thing so far.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:54:07 AM

This will become the best technology..

period.

Incidentally, I think the next big thing will be smart devices of everyday usage such as an oven that will be connected to the blockchain and use the generated heat by mining as a way to prepare your food. This may sound crazy now but who knows in the future.
Kaneki

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:15:21 PM

seen in this day  I think bitcoin has become the best technology for payment, no one knows the future possible blochkchain development  could be the best technology
|Bitcoin|

Activity: 320

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:35:04 PM

The technology is a ever growing research place. The technology to find out who is satoshi or time machine is never the best technology.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: