Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:13:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 10k when?  (Read 4186 times)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:43:36 PM

and with sidechain linked to hard asset (bitcoin address) ... banks will not able to shit the "stress test".  Roll Eyes
that's why i talk about fondamental restored ...

everyone keeps talking about the side chain..

can you explain where I can find this sidechain? is it a option of some sort on the blockchain or bitcoin wallet im not looking at? or is this something discussed being built?

you can't find it because it doesn't exist. sidechains are a great addition to bitcoin if done right. but i still need to see one working properly together with bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:01:18 AM

and with sidechain linked to hard asset (bitcoin address) ... banks will not able to shit the "stress test".  Roll Eyes

can you explain where I can find this sidechain? is it a option of some sort on the blockchain or bitcoin wallet im not looking at? or is this something discussed being built?

http://techcrunch.com/2015/06/13/down-the-blockchain-rabbit-hole/

Read this. They are still not operative, you will have to wait. Also google blockstream and lightning network, you need to do some research yourself.
luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:05:31 AM

If my math is correct and keep in mind I'm using very vague numbers. In 2030 a little over 19 million Bitcoin will be mined. We'll call it 20 million. At $10k per Bitcoin that's a 200 billion market cap.

I think it's very doable.
2025 would be nearly 20million coins

We can actually reach it earlier then 2025 I believe, if the ASIC war keeps on going and we keep ramping up the tech.

And for better miners to evolve like how we are so quick, its actually amazing how fast we ended up from graphics cards to asic chips.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:55:54 AM

I'm hoping tomorrow Grin but seriously, I believe before 2025, it will reach 10k per btc
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:00:52 AM

i think the year 2020 would be the closest time if ever this price is going to happen

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:50:47 AM

So when everypony? I think 7 years and three months from now the price of one bitcoin will be 10 k  Wink

At that particular time the infrastructure surrounding bitcoin will have bore its fruits but there is still the possibility of a 51-attack thus causing a hindrance to full-blown acceptance, 2 years and 2 months before the ending of the 7 years and three months NXT will start to come to the forefront as a safe alternative investment and will start taking over the lead from Bitcoin  Wink

are you speculating about bitcoin price in the future or are you attracting attention to NXT?

because I don't see any altcoin that can replace bitcoin so far

Only Bitcoin
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:14:01 AM

i think the year 2020 would be the closest time if ever this price is going to happen

this price is never going to happen  Roll Eyes
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:43:36 AM

Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:03:02 PM

I will try to say it without any wrappings... SIDE CHAIN SUCKS.
They will not solve anything they are just a lame excuse for amatures dev that have no idea how to make a system design.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:07:13 PM

They will not solve anything they are just a lame excuse for amatures dev that have no idea how to make a system design.

Why do they suck? What if you are a bank or something, and you want to take advantage of the blockchain supporting Bitcoin but you want your own rules? what if the devs of Bitcoin make a change in the way the main blockchain works but you don't like it? what if you are a country and you want to stablish your own coin and your own release of coins (inflation rate)... etc.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:17:30 PM

can you explain where I can find this sidechain?

P2Pool is a sidechain.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 03:01:05 AM

2017 ?
not sure with it bitcoin have more problem
also need more merchands accept it to get 10.000$

I think 2050 bitcoin price will be up to 10000$

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:30:51 AM

2017 ?
not sure with it bitcoin have more problem
also need more merchands accept it to get 10.000$

I think 2050 bitcoin price will be up to 10000$

u mad bro?

by 2050 10k probably will be nothing, I don't think BTC will fails that much
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:41:07 AM

by 2020 if nothing global happens
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:37:25 PM

What do you mean by "if nothing global happens"? A bug in bitcoins code, fork gone bad or a worldwide currency crisies? I think the crisis is much more likely.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:55:02 PM

that's way too fast to happen in that very short time. We must be happy if we see $1000 again by 2020.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:51:51 PM

A bug in bitcoins code, fork gone bad or a worldwide currency crisies? I think the crisis is much more likely.

sorry, i laugh on the first and second argument ...  Grin Bitcoin is nothing more than a perfect tool for financial system, it don't lie and you can trace everything you want.

the inverse of the actual system (and shadow banking that it must saves by deposits of client).
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 02:55:46 PM

Not anytime close, that's for sure. And I wouldn't want to increase the number that high. I man it's good for short term profit, yes. But it's bad for long term establishment.

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:11:21 PM

Not anytime close, that's for sure. And I wouldn't want to increase the number that high. I man it's good for short term profit, yes. But it's bad for long term establishment.

Well, something seems clear to me, we will not reach mainstream status without a couple more bubble and burst cycles, continued growth in a stable fashion is impossible, bitcoin is too revolutionary and disruptive, it will trigger people's panic a lot of times, both up and down.
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:07:26 PM

Why do they suck? What if you are a bank or something, and you want to take advantage of the blockchain supporting Bitcoin but you want your own rules? what if the devs of Bitcoin make a change in the way the main blockchain works but you don't like it? what if you are a country and you want to stablish your own coin and your own release of coins (inflation rate)... etc.

You have a good point about the bank using sidechains to support cryptocurrency, this is a valid scenarory where sidechains can be useful. I was provoking a bit, what I mean is that the common answer all the challanges with cryptocurrency is always, "ooohhh just use sidechains". Good example is the bitcoin blocksize; "ooohhh just use sidechains".
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: