Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:17:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We're all going to be rich!  (Read 2535 times)
TheMagikarp (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 01:58:24 PM

Who wants to pop the champagne?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shady financier

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

etcetera

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:05:44 PM

1G8AUgSTAw8hfatNnDHuYEqBAUzC3qvAAL

Bitcoin news: http://thebitcoinsun.com/

Rapidlybuybitcoin here.

The value of goods, expressed in money, is called “price”, while the value of money, expressed in goods, is called “value”. C. Quigley
stic.man

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:06:46 PM

slow your roll young fella, still got a long way to go
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 02:09:46 PM

Let's keep going and spreading coins far and wide!
It is exciting times in bitcoins and elsewhere and I doubt it is going to be a smooth ride-
Bitcoins is not the end solution, it is a means to help people cooperate, trade better and easier without the middle man-

adrian33

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:15:30 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2011, 02:30:49 PM by adrian33

Wait for Facebook or Apple to jump on the bandwagon first, or some other tech giant. Possibly Google, in response to banks rejecting NFC payments.

"Representatives of three of the country’s largest banks, Bank of America, Citigroup and U.S. Bank, attended a meeting last month organized by the Merchant Advisory Group… to talk about the new opportunities that mobile technologies, such as NFC, will create for the payments industry.

“You know what they (banks) told us? There’s just not a business case right now,” Dodd Roberts, head of the merchant group, said last week

http://www.chyp.com/media/blog-entry/different-dreams-about-the-future-of-pos

I just wonder if and how the network could hold up against mass adoption.

hyperD

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:43:43 PM

Wait for Facebook or Apple to jump on the bandwagon first, or some other tech giant. Possibly Google, in response to banks rejecting NFC payments.

"Representatives of three of the country’s largest banks, Bank of America, Citigroup and U.S. Bank, attended a meeting last month organized by the Merchant Advisory Group… to talk about the new opportunities that mobile technologies, such as NFC, will create for the payments industry.

“You know what they (banks) told us? There’s just not a business case right now,” Dodd Roberts, head of the merchant group, said last week

Wouldn't Facebook, Google or Apple simply set up there own block chain?
adrian33

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:47:15 PM

Even if they did, is the tech mature enough to handle the load? Also, a fork's improvements could be re-introduced back into the core, right?

hyperD

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:53:35 PM

Even if they did, is the tech mature enough to handle the load? Also, a fork's improvements could be re-introduced back into the core, right?

My guess is if corporations did want to buy into this type of tech, they'd want their own closed networks to give their customers/users vouchers, flybys or points to trade on their product.
shady financier

etcetera

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:58:35 PM

I can think of no reason why any corporation would want to launch a peer-to-peer open source commodity like Bitcoin, what would be the point of such a thing? They would see the point of using bitcoins, but founding them in the first place, let alone a competitor... if I were CEO I would fire the guy that suggested the idea on the spot. Bitcoin is an example of why the market cannot produce everything that is needed.

It took dreams and cryptohead-love to create bitcoin, and ideology to sweep it forward. Founding a Bitcoin wouldn't make sense for a company to do, at best they'd probably get sued or Liberty-Reservified.

Rapidlybuybitcoin here.

The value of goods, expressed in money, is called “price”, while the value of money, expressed in goods, is called “value”. C. Quigley
adrian33

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:11:02 PM

I can think of no reason why any corporation would want to launch a peer-to-peer open source commodity like Bitcoin, what would be the point of such a thing?

Except if it was called the Bitcoin Bank, and they could do all the heavy legal, PR and political lifting on top of the pre-existing network.

hyperD

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:19:35 PM

I can think of no reason why any corporation would want to launch a peer-to-peer open source commodity like Bitcoin, what would be the point of such a thing? They would see the point of using bitcoins, but founding them in the first place, let alone a competitor... if I were CEO I would fire the guy that suggested the idea on the spot. Bitcoin is an example of why the market cannot produce everything that is needed.

It took dreams and cryptohead-love to create bitcoin, and ideology to sweep it forward. Founding a Bitcoin wouldn't make sense for a company to do, at best they'd probably get sued or Liberty-Reservified.

It may have taken dreams and cryptohead-love to create bitcoin but never underestimate corporate greed. Whether they go down the path of p2p and open source or not is a question of how they seek to profit from it. I don't see it as an expensive foray, an app running on every bodies computer via their portal isn't a mean task, and getting sued? by whom?  If I were some CEO i'd be at least tempted to evaluated a possibility to exploit such technology.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:27:06 PM

Not a problem. See attached solution:
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 03:34:33 PM

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:59:20 PM

every day i say a little prayer to whatever gods there be, thanking them for steering Satoshi away from the idea of calling his invention iMoney...
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:09:12 PM

Bitcoin is an example of why the market cannot produce everything that is needed.

Correction: Bitcoin is an example of why the market can produce everything that is needed.
shady financier

etcetera

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:11:50 PM

Bitcoin is an example of why the market cannot produce everything that is needed.

Correction: Bitcoin is an example of why the market can produce everything that is needed.

Yes. How much did Satoshi sell the use of his invention for by the way?

Rapidlybuybitcoin here.

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:13:09 PM

~ 5% of worlds money supply

-
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:16:26 PM

"Markets" properly understood are voluntary trading environments. Bitcoin was built voluntarily by individuals pursuing their own interests and using their own resources and property (some of those interests being profit, or eduction, or ideology, or experimentation, etc.). The fact that the creator didn't "sell" the idea is irrelevant.

Bitcoin would NOT have been an example of free market innovation if it had been produced via taxation and coercion (ie - by a government diktat or program).  Big difference.
shady financier

etcetera

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:27:59 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2011, 04:38:48 PM by ~~~~~

"Markets" properly understood are voluntary trading environments. Bitcoin was built voluntarily by individuals pursuing their own interests and using their own resources and property (some of those interests being profit, or eduction, or ideology, or experimentation, etc.). The fact that the creator didn't "sell" the idea is irrelevant.

Bitcoin would NOT have been an example of free market innovation if it had been produced via taxation and coercion (ie - by a government diktat or program).  Big difference.

I don't think anyone has said that government is in the business of invention. Huh

Although US government defense expenditure on technology research can be thanked for this conversation. Grin

Governments did not invent locomotives, but decades after the invention of the railway governments all over the world spent taxes laying tracks and buying rolling stock. So what, why is that bad? People need transport, people pay taxes, why not taxes build the transport people need? Still a matter of paying for stuff, what's the gripe? Paying for evil things like napalming children ok yes, definitely sucks. It's like the argument the NRA uses about guns really...

Governments don't kill people, politicians do. It's a matter of where you point it and why. Government is just a machine made of taxes. Some thing's it's good at, other things better left to free-enterprise.

Either way it's still the market as in many cases government is Customer and/or Employer #1. So what.

Rapidlybuybitcoin here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: