Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] DIRECT FUND Mining Contract Offer Starts Monday August 10th!  (Read 3864 times)
havelock (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 06:19:55 PM

Havelock Investments is pleased to present DirectHash Mining Contracts listed under symbol DIRECT on HavelockInvestments.com

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=DIRECT

Overview
DirectHash Mining Contracts, listed under the symbol DIRECT on HavelockInvestments.com, provide a simple mining solution for their owners. DirectHash Mining Contracts mining contracts give their owners the ability to receive payouts from real, physical Bitcoin mining equipment without the complications of managing physical Bitcoin miners.

Backed by Physical Hashpower

DirectHashs mining capability will be provided by a Top-Tier Mining Organization (one of the Top 5 Mining Pools/Companies as reported by Blockchain.info). Due to the negative association with Pre-Sales of hashpower, the Top-Tier Mining Organization wishes to have its identity withheld until the full funding amount is raised and the contract is initialized.

The identity of the Top-Tier Mining Organization will be made public upon successful initialization of the contract.

DirectHash Contracts
DIRECTs initial offering will be comprised of a block 1,000,000 units, each of which will represent 1GH/s (1 GigaHash per second) of Bitcoin mining power, for a total combined hashrate of 1,000,000 GH/s (1 PetaHash per second). While real hashrate can be affected by outside circumstances such as power loss or mechanical failure, the Top-Tier Mining Organization covenants to provide this hashrate with no more than +/- 5% variance. Real hashrate will be reported to unitholders once per week.

Initial Offering

The initial offering will be available for fourteen days. All units of the initial 1,000,000 block must be purchased in order for the contract to be initialized. If the initial offering is unsuccessful (the full 1,000,000 units are not sold out), funds paid for these units will be returned to the purchasers and the contracts will be null and void.

Each unit will be offered at a price of approximately $0.55 in Bitcoin per the Coinapult BTC rate (Coinapult.com). The offering price may be adjusted during the offering period to account for changes in the BTC / USD exchange rate. After contract initialization, the units will float freely on the open market.

If the initial offering is successful, Havelock Investments has the right to offer additional block of units at any price (subject to Top-Tier Mining Organization approval and mining capacity availability).

Fund Management
DIRECT's day to day operations, such as investor relations and dividend payments, will be handled by twentyseventy. Questions, comments, or issues can be addressed here in the Bitcointalk thread or via email at directhash@gmail.com

Mining Payouts
The contracts will initialize as soon as possible (no later than one week) after the completion of a successful offering. Payouts of mining proceeds will be made proportionally to unitholders once per week.

Escrow and Bonding
All mining payout funds will be sent directly to DIRECTs Havelock deposit address and all pending payout funds will be held in escrow by Havelock. The Top-Tier Mining Organization will be appropriately insured and bonded against damage to mining equipment, interruption of mining services, and theft.

Contract Termination
Each unit will represent a mining contract valid for one year. Any units made available after the initial offering may be offered for a shorter time period to coincide with the termination date of the original block of units.

Offering Start Date: Monday, August 10th at 1PM EDT (5PM GMT)
Offering End Date: Monday, August 24th at 1PM EDT (5PM GMT) or until Sold Out

Units Offered: 1,000,000 (Equivalent to 1GH/s per Unit)

Offering Price: $0.55 per Unit, in BTC - Pricing will be adjusted as needed during Offering Period due to USD/BTC fluctuation
Currently .00193321 BTC (1.93321 mBTC)

Linkhttps://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=DIRECT

Public Offering: Link TBD

Reports: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/reports.php

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
havelock (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 06:25:53 PM

Why did you lock the other thread, havelock?

The conversation was not related to our offer and went off-topic.  They may continue the conversation in their own thread.

Havelock

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:29:59 PM

Can I get my question answered from the previous thread:

What is the daily maintenance and/or electricity fee?  I don't see any mention of it, unless I missed it.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:58:48 PM

What is the daily maintenance and/or electricity fee?  I don't see any mention of it, unless I missed it.

Sure thing - there are no maintenance fees, power fees, or any other fees of this type. One unit, priced at $0.55 will pay out the equivalent of 1GH of hashing power for one full year; no other fees or charges.
JasherEnoch

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:50:23 PM

So because of all the bad investments of other mining funds in the past, I must ask. So this fund has nothing to do with Feidcat or any Chinese person or organization? Also no ASIC Miner?

Let's face reality here. All of the previous mining funds on Havelock all have one thing in common. They all failed. They failed and many of us lost a lot of money in BTC. I personally have not fully recovered from my losses; and at the current rate of any fund (including BDD) on Havelock it may take years, or may not ever recover all of my losses.

Does anyone remember the old song: "Once bitten twice shy"? Well that is me now. I started investing heavily, and at first the mining funds were producing....but that was the smoke screen. I was working just enough to make people invest more and then BAM...it all went to hell; we all lost money and no one ever paid any penalties or suffered any consequences for their actions.

So why should I trust another mining fund?

Where is Airwolf? What does he think and have to say. And like someone asked.....Havelock why don't you clean up old messes before starting new ones?
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:49:33 PM

Sure thing - there are no maintenance fees, power fees, or any other fees of this type. One unit, priced at $0.55 will pay out the equivalent of 1GH of hashing power for one full year; no other fees or charges.

OK - so just to clarify, no pool fees or any other deductions from the mining revenue.  You buy 1000 Gh at $550 and you get 1000 Gh worth of mined btc once per week for 52 weeks (+/-5%).
twentyseventy
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:00:53 AM

So because of all the bad investments of other mining funds in the past, I must ask. So this fund has nothing to do with Feidcat or any Chinese person or organization? Also no ASIC Miner?

I can answer definitively that friedcat/ASICMiner and its associates/associated companies (Rockminer/Rockxie) are not involved whatsoever. I can't necessarily say that there are no Chinese people/companies involved, as that might allow people to pare down the Top 5 Miners, so this is a neither confirm nor deny on that. But, correct, no FC/AM/RM link at all.

I will say that this offering has the following advantages over previous mining operations:

• No 'reinvestment fund vs dividend' decisions needed- these contracts are for a defined time period and end after that time period. Which leads to the next point:
  • The interests here are aligned between the DIRECT contract holders and the Mining Organization - the Mining Organization wants to provide hashrate at the lowest possible cost while still providing the agreed upon hashrate. There are no conflicts of interest when it comes to maintenance/hosting fees (as there are no maintenance/hosting fees)
  • It's a bigger and more well funded operation, with wider (geographical) hashpower distribution than ASICMiner

There's a reason that the contract for this is so short - it's a simple offering. No pre-sale, no waiting, no voting, no choices - simply purchase shares; collect dividends. This Mining Organization normally only deals with contracts for $1 Million or more, so this allows people to take advantage of true economies of scale (Goliath) instead of trying to cobble together a small to medium (David) size mining operation that's fighting against the BTC big boys. I hope this has helped assuage some of your reservations; please let me know if you have any other specific questions.
twentyseventy
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:05:18 AM

OK - so just to clarify, no pool fees or any other deductions from the mining revenue.  You buy 1000 Gh at $550 and you get 1000 Gh worth of mined btc once per week for 52 weeks (+/-5%).

Totally correct. As I just mentioned in my reply to JasherEnoch, Havelock and I have tried to make this offering as simple as possible. I'll gladly post the BTC deposit address publicly so that people can see the exact mining proceeds transferred from the Mining Operator to the Havelock account directly on the Blockchain.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:31:25 AM

I'll be watching this one... out of morbid curiosity more than anything.

is that correct that the maximum shares one user can buy is ALL of them? all 1000000 shares?

that part seems a little odd.

also, what happens if the btc/usd price tanks? for a few weeks? for a few months? all year?

we also need more info as to who you are and where to find you... some pool's addy isnt any good, can you verify that?

just sayin'
twentyseventy
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:04:28 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 11:21:22 AM by twentyseventy

I'll be watching this one... out of morbid curiosity more than anything.

is that correct that the maximum shares one user can buy is ALL of them? all 1000000 shares?

that part seems a little odd.

also, what happens if the btc/usd price tanks? for a few weeks? for a few months? all year?

we also need more info as to who you are and where to find you... some pool's addy isnt any good, can you verify that?

just sayin'

Yes, technically one user could purchase them all. If that were to happen, we would likely start a new block of units, as the mining operator has much more than 1PH available to lease. This would be pending their approval, of course.

The contract was negotiated starting earlier this year with BTC/USD around $220. The mining operator has communicated that they're comfortable with a much lower BTC/USD price for a sustained period. I believe that the Mining Operator's name and reputation will speak for itself, unfortunately they're not comfortable with any association until funds are in hand and the contract is inked. Hope this helps, even if you do stay on the sidelines.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:48:16 PM

This excuse for a "secret identity" is bullshit.

The "negative association" is for preorders of machines that don't exist and end up never existing or being way late and/or not close to the specifications that people paid for. If this is supposed to start mining at some point in the next 3 weeks that hardware should not be a pre-order, it should be hashrate from machines that already exist and are already running somewhere. Handing over money without proof of that hashrate existing is insane.

Also, if I want the "equivalent of.." mining power why wouldn't I get B.MINE? If this is backed by real power the payout should be the actual proceeds of mining.

twentyseventy
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:32:33 PM

This excuse for a "secret identity" is bullshit.

The "negative association" is for preorders of machines that don't exist and end up never existing or being way late and/or not close to the specifications that people paid for. If this is supposed to start mining at some point in the next 3 weeks that hardware should not be a pre-order, it should be hashrate from machines that already exist and are already running somewhere. Handing over money without proof of that hashrate existing is insane.

Also, if I want the "equivalent of.." mining power why wouldn't I get B.MINE? If this is backed by real power the payout should be the actual proceeds of mining

Yes, this hashpower already exists and this contact, if fully funded by the offering, would be a lease of existing hashpower. The original plan was to do a joint press release with the Mining Operator but their executive board decided that possible negative connotations with a 'pre-sale' wouldn't be worth a $550,000 sale (if that gives context of the scale that we're talking here). I tried very hard myself to get them to reconsider, but they wouldn't budge.

We are pushing on with the offering with the hope that the initial 1PH will sell out, which will allow us to ink the initial contract. At that point, with the money in hand, the Mining Operator's identity will be public knowledge and subsequent offerings, if approved by them (and with enough to interest from buyers) will clearly be associated with them.

B.MINE has a defined end period, and maximum possible payout (the NAV/U) so it's really apples and oranges there. Please let me know if you've got any other questions.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:02:52 PM

still have major questions about the intelligence and possible integrity of the mining operator.

This is not a pre-sale. they have the miners, allegedly, they can prove they have it, they can prove they are mining with it. They are selling a large bunch to you on a certain date. A pre-order is for stuff that doesn't' exist, this exists.

The "issues" with  other "cloud mining" operations come from the fact that they are all scams. the whole point of crypto is that everything is in the blockchain. Those scam operations weren't mining, never proved it, and ran out of money. If this operation is legitimate, it would be trivially easy for the operator and you to show it, and none of the issues that are associated with pre-sales and cloud mining would exist.
havelock (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 09:03:59 PM

Our own Mining Farm  HMF is operating since 2012

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=HMF

Still paying divs now.

We are offering the DIRECT Mining Fund for our users that want to have their Mining managed by one of the leading mining pool currently operating.

Havelock

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 09:08:43 PM

I will be curious how many buy into another mining operation...

AMHash = scammers - took funds and ran
Icedrill = huge losses not sure if it was a scam or not
Active mining = scam

Too many to list...can anyone name a mining venture that did not lose investors funds?

Oh Nasty Mining did not scam so there is 1 so far....any others?

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 09:22:29 PM

We are offering the DIRECT Mining Fund for our users that want to have their Mining managed by one of the leading mining pool currently operating.

Would it be too forward to inquire as to which one?

It is a secret...
twentyseventy
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:46:37 AM

I will be curious how many buy into another mining operation...

AMHash = scammers - took funds and ran
Icedrill = huge losses not sure if it was a scam or not
Active mining = scam

Too many to list...can anyone name a mining venture that did not lose investors funds?
Oh Nasty Mining did not scam so there is 1 so far....any others?

For some frame of reference, neither IceDrill nor ActiveMining were listed on Havelock (they were listed on BTC-TC and BTC-TC/BitFunder, respectively). And I actually spoke out against Activemining as far back as July of 2013.

In addition, While B.MINE (along with B.SELL/B.EXCH of BDD) is not a true mining venture, it did end its first Round with a full accounting of all its BTC paid out to its holders - up to 600BTC at one time.

Mining operations have gotten a bad name due to ventures such as those you've named. However, this offering is presented as a small percentage of a very large mining organization (as opposed to the David-level operations of Icedrill and Activemining) and as a larger, more transparent, more professional, and more geographically distributed organization than ASICMiner.

We welcome healthy skepticism, as it is an essential part of this ecosystem. However, I don't believe that it's fair to link the failures of previous mining offerings to this (materially different) offering that is DirectHash.

DIRECT has no conflict of interest between owners/lessors of the hashpower (the Mining Operator) and lessees of the hashpower (holders of DIRECT units), no maintenance or power fees whatsoever, and no reinvestment gimmicks - what you see is what you get, very simply. Thanks for the interest, and the questions-

And, finally, a careful examination of the Top 5 Mining organizations at https://blockchain.info/pools may provide additional insight into the background of this offering.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 04:21:10 AM

I guess my main issue is that it has to be a secret while people buy in. I really hope this is legit as most of these are not. I just felt it was good to help newbies read up about how most of these have gone...and be careful.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:49:47 AM

so to buy, 1th right now
1,000 GH would be $550??

with an est, monthly return right now of $81

So roughly 6.7 months on ROI.
assuming a bit of difficulty increase, let's say 7 months on the nice side.

So if nothing goes wrong. you get 5 months of profit. so maybe $400

so that's a 1.72 return.

Let's ignore the fact that blocks will half, difficulty will increase, and a crap load more power will come online.
You need to hope the price of btc increases

Or just buy $550 of bitcoin and hope it goes up.

Seems like a pretty weak investment. with high chance of 0 profit. and possibly even a loss of money?

Why would anyone do this?Huh
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:50:06 PM

These things just don't make sense.

Will this hashpower generate $550k worth of bitcoin in a year? If yes, the company is stupid for making this offer, why should I trust them to maintain the miners and send all that profit back to me over the next year?

If no, you would be stupid to pay someone and they would be stupid to actually waste electricity on miners, and in competing with the rest of the miners that they own over coins mined when they can just take that pile of coins and pay back like you do with B.MINE.

You say they are transparent but they offer nothing. You say there is no conflict of interest, but every miner has a conflict of interest with every other miner by trying to sovle the same blocks and making the difficulty go up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: