Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:01:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul on the official Write-In List for MAINE  (Read 1787 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 04:59:38 AM

Do you think he'll win Maine?

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=720

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:00:42 AM

Gary Johnson has a better shot.
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:02:48 AM

but Ron won (disputed) the primary in Maine

Atlas

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:04:56 AM

Sure but voters will see a candidate on the ballot as a better shot and not as wasteful, considering write-in is accepted in very few states.
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:12:07 AM

Sure but voters will see a candidate on the ballot as a better shot and not as wasteful, considering write-in is accepted in very few states.

but people thinking "I'm going to vote for a guy with a chance" I wouldn't guess would have Gary Johnson coming to mind LOL Smiley

Your points good. it would be fantastic. maybe ron will get 5% in Maine and be cool (taking from gary though Tongue )

Atlas

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 05:14:30 AM

but people thinking "I'm going to vote for a guy with a chance" I wouldn't guess would have Gary Johnson coming to mind LOL Smiley

Your points good. it would be fantastic. maybe ron will get 5% in Maine and be cool (taking from gary though Tongue )

I don't mind people taking from Gary. Some want more of a purist like Ron Paul. Gary is very utilitarian and nearly amoral but his actions still tend to lean libertarian. Either one won't win but each of them getting significant votes sends a message.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 08:16:37 AM

I don't mind people taking from Gary. Some want more of a purist like Ron Paul. Gary is very utilitarian and nearly amoral but his actions still tend to lean libertarian. Either one won't win but each of them getting significant votes sends a message.

Yup. The message: Baaaaaaa.

Liberty will not be achieved by voting.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Atlas

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 08:19:38 AM

There is violent revolution which seems to be forthcoming if the reports of troops revolting are true.
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 08:36:30 AM

There is violent revolution which seems to be forthcoming if the reports of troops revolting are true.

Source please

Atlas

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 08:46:06 AM

Source please

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/28/justice/georgia-soldiers-plot/index.html
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 11:25:30 AM

wowza. missed that in the news

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 12:37:41 PM

I'd prefer a wildcat strike, rather that a military coup.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:48:14 PM

Ron Paul's son has endorsed Romney, just vote Romney. Voting Ron Paul will just take votes away from Romney, and give victory to Hussein.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:54:20 PM

lol..this thread Cheesy

many people who support Ron Paul.. wouldn't touch Romney with a 10 foot stick... I know I wouldn't.
Atlas

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:55:03 PM

Ron Paul's son has endorsed Romney, just vote Romney. Voting Ron Paul will just take votes away from Romney, and give victory to Hussein.

Romney is as shit-tastic as Obama. You might as well vote for whoever you want.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:04:41 PM

lol..this thread Cheesy

many people who support Ron Paul.. wouldn't touch Romney with a 10 foot stick... I know I wouldn't.

Less of the two evils dude. Since Romney has more in common with Paul, than Hussein does. In fact Hussein is 100% opposed to Ron Paul, on EVERY single issue, they have 0 in common. Romney agrees with Paul on about 20-30% of the issues. It's important Romney wins if you like Paul.

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:06:38 PM

What are you saying? are you saying Romney agrees with Hussein on every issue? that's just stupid, Romney has a lot more in common with Paul, than Hussein does, that's a fact. Why would I not vote Romney if I like Paul.

Atlas

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:11:56 PM

What are you saying? are you saying Romney agrees with Hussein on every issue? that's just stupid, Romney has a lot more in common with Paul, than Hussein does, that's a fact. Why would I not vote Romney if I like Paul.

Name one thing Romney has in common with Ron Paul.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:14:45 PM

The only message you are sending is GOP is divided and weak. Ron Paul lost the nomination, end of story. His stance on some issues are batshit insane/scary, for example he opposes separation of church and state, he is just not electable. Every vote for Ron Paul is a wasted vote, it would have went to Romney, since Paul supporters would definitely not vote Hussein.

Atlas

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:18:47 PM

The only message you are sending is GOP is divided and weak. Ron Paul lost the nomination, end of story. His stance on some issues are batshit insane/scary, for example he opposes separation of church and state, he is just not electable. Every vote for Ron Paul is a wasted vote, it would have went to Romney, since Paul supporters would definitely not vote Hussein.

Ron Paul won against Obama in national polls during the primaries. He was more electable than Romney.

Anyways, so what if Ron Paul has religious preferences in law? It's better than the wasteful foreign spending that would be done under Romney.

As for a weak and divided GOP, I would like to see GOP destroyed and replaced with a more libertarian party.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:18:55 PM

There are several I can think of at top of my head, they are both pro-life, against further gun control, against legalizing gay marriage. There are probably more.

Atlas

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:20:27 PM

There are several I can think of at top of my head, they are both pro-life, against further gun control, against legalizing gay marriage. There are probably more.

Romney banned AR-15s in Massachusetts. Romney is historically worse than Obama when it comes to guns.

As for social issues, I don't care for them. Ron Paul said he would leave marriage issues to the individual states. He never said he was for making gay marriage illegal.

Romney is for making gay marriage illegal and I don't like that because it's a waste of time, money and law.

Again, most of us libertarians are against social laws. We just want efficient government that Romney and Obama cannot provide.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:22:41 PM

Ron Paul won against Obama in national polls during the primaries. He was more electable than Romney.

Anyways, so what if Ron Paul has religious preferences in law? It's better than the wasteful foreign spending that would be done under Romney.

As for a weak and divided GOP, I would like to see GOP destroyed and replaced with a more libertarian party.

A pure Libertarian party would never be elected nationally in the current political atmosphere. GOP is the best vehicle for libertarians to affect policy.

Atlas

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 02:25:03 PM

A pure Libertarian party would never be elected nationally in the current political atmosphere. GOP is the best vehicle for libertarians to affect policy.

Not really considering the GOP passes laws identical to the Democrats. Obamacare was originally written by Mitt Romney under another name.
squid

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 03:05:29 PM

kokojie you have absolutely no idea what you are saying. Neither GOP or Democrats are anywhere close in terms of policy to what libertarians care about.

While I definitely won't write in paul or johnson this election year, I'll be damned if I support the current state of the batshit insane republican party currently being led by religious fundamentalists.
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 07:21:27 PM

id rather vote obama because that is more likely for rand to get elected in 2016

claire

Activity: 98

Capitalism rocks my world.

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 01:26:09 AM

Maine just wants obama to win.

I Love Bitcoin Smiley 1A5jmQcmZamhTeHaEZvtMEpoqrH2SECcxk
Phone Domination 888-221-0319
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 01:31:20 AM

Maine just wants obama to win.

harty har thanks. In some backwardass way, they want obama to win without people knowing...totally

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:02:22 AM

An "official" write-in list? American politics are so broken... Sad

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
claire

Activity: 98

Capitalism rocks my world.

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:13:53 AM

id rather vote obama because that is more likely for rand to get elected in 2016

we can't afford 4 more years of the little dictator.

I Love Bitcoin Smiley 1A5jmQcmZamhTeHaEZvtMEpoqrH2SECcxk
Phone Domination 888-221-0319
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:42:41 AM

we can't afford 4 more years of the little dictator.

haha. would romney be less dictatorish?

I think having us rank votes lets say
1. ron paul
2 gary johnson
3 mitt romney

would be so much better

but we should have to write in all candidates. a quasi literacy test for voters, if you cant spell first and last name of who you're voting for obviously you dont know who you're voting for!!!!

freespirit

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:03:41 PM

Besides, unlike Ron Paul he did not make any of those creepy creationist-like statements so far. Roll Eyes

On a more serious note, Ron Paul seems to play to much politics to please (and stay with) the GOP, which is not a good trait for a libertarian in my opinion. GJ on the other hand is a truly "no-bullshit" guy in this regard.
freespirit

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:07:31 PM

Voting Ron Paul will just take votes away from Romney, and give victory to Hussein.
Gary Johnson "swings both ways": http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2012/09/cnn-gary-johnson/
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: