Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:32:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PhotoBTC - A marketplace for photography, illustration and graphic arts.  (Read 4876 times)
snakegi (OP)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 03:00:39 PM

Sure,

Photography is one of my hobbies, there are more than 15000 photos about nature, life and peoples around me Smiley
But professionally I'm a dev and my creative is raw code mostly. I've uploaded only best of photos, that match your rules and has commercial potential.

We're open to suggestions and criticism, please share anything you have in mind about our services.
You already have a good website and your course is right. When I found something, I'll let you know PM.
Let's be friends, coz we follow a similar direction by different ways.

Wow 15000 pics is a lot! I'm not anywhere near that  Cheesy
Thank you very much for your uploads, and your help, it is hard to find people that have enough interest in bitcoin to upload pictures, and it's even harder to convince people that aren't familiar with bitcoin.

Whenever you have anything just talk in here, PM, or the email on the website.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lifescale

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:27:32 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 03:51:16 PM by lifescale

it is hard to find people that have enough interest in bitcoin to upload pictures, and it's even harder to convince people that aren't familiar with bitcoin.

Ah, I so understand you! Every day we looking for new sellers, but conversion is really low. Note, that only best artists that I've found going to the contact shortly and ready for experiments. I'm so grateful to them.

I think that only time makes a best job for us, because we need a trust, experience and unfamiliar talents need more time to understand bitcoin philosophy. Understand that bitcoin is not only drugs and guns. It also may be independency and beauty.
snakegi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 03:42:51 PM

I've been watching this thread and just wanted to chime in to say that I absolutely love the idea behind this service!

As a (no-so)full time photographer myself, the market is flooded with crap services like getty, shutterstock, and istock that literally only offer content creators pennies while the service providers get upwards of 90% of the sale. I myself refuse to be associated with such services, but somewhere along the line it became acceptable for content creators to get walked on.

Your approach is much more in line with what local galleries offer (for revenue split) and it is much more fair to the content creators. Kudos for breaking away from the "race to the bottom" method Wink

I've been consumed this past week with other projects on here, but I will certainly take a more detailed look at the website and provide more feedback when I have some more time. Smiley

Thank you for your feedback, we're not professional photographers or illustrators here, but it is something we really appreciate doing and it kinda hurts when we see services like that, even tho we don't relly on those services, we use them a lot, and it not feels good knowing that what i pay is not being distributed fairly.
Of course there are costs on running a service like this, but most stockphoto royalties are just joking.

Thank you for your time, and let me know of any suggestions you might have.

Regards

snakegi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 03:58:22 PM

it is hard to find people that have enough interest in bitcoin to upload pictures, and it's even harder to convince people that aren't familiar with bitcoin.

Ah, I so understand you! Every day we looking for new sellers, but conversion is really low. Note, that only best artists that I've found going to the contact shortly and ready for experiments. I'm so grateful to them.

I think that only time makes a best job for us, because we need a trust, experience and unfamiliar talents need more time to understand bitcoin philosophy. Understand that bitcoin is not only drugs and guns. It's may be independency and beauty.

You're right, it will take time, but we're here already and i really think this is just the beginning of a big improvement in our society, like it was for me when i first understand Bitcoin's nature.

You said you're looking for sellers every day, you run a gallery or something?

lifescale

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:25:12 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 05:49:24 PM by lifescale

It's hard in our country now, there are many problems.

But internet and crypto solve them all. And we make our job in Sweden. Looking for creative peoples in social networks, forums and personal websites.
Also it's a good idea to run off-line gallery around the world, looks not easy but possible.
snakegi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 06:30:15 PM

It's hard in our country now, there are many problems.

But internet and crypto solve them all. And we make our job in Sweden. Looking for creative peoples in social networks, forums and personal websites.
Also it's a good idea to run off-line gallery around the world, looks not easy but possible.

Sad

My best wishes to your country, buddy.
Would be nice to have a online-local gallery, like a regular gallery but showing works from around the world that are on the website.

Like you said, not easy, but it sounds like a nice place to go have a coffee one day Cheesy

lifescale

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:06:13 PM

Thanks you, all will be fine.

Would be nice to have a online-local gallery, like a regular gallery but showing works from around the world that are on the website.
I think that off-line gallery is important as option. Because some famous artists may have interest to present them works to wide audience, not to web-users only. Your project is focused and it has a great potential to implement this feature in your area.

Think about and good luck anyway!
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:46:27 PM

How a escrow would be better than the wallet system we already use?

I've a similar suggestions to my service. In most cases, an escrow system means money refunding when purchased content has been detected as scam. This is an additional buyer protection from the trusted service. For example, when verified seller upload a faked content after his verification.

There are no fake contents, all images are verified and after the verification the sellers are only able to edit things like price, title and description.
Also, in that case, if the buyer find something that is not correct, it is our responsibility to refund them, since we're the ones providing the use licenses.

Well my main idea is that if for example you miss something when verifying the photos
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 07:51:30 AM

Great service, have you had a chance to advertise your service to thousands of potential clients?  Check out my banner and see for your self what a true bitcoin advertising platform can do for you.
snakegi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 12:05:12 PM

Thanks you, all will be fine.

I think that off-line gallery is important as option. Because some famous artists may have interest to present them works to wide audience, not to web-users only. Your project is focused and it has a great potential to implement this feature in your area.

Think about and good luck anyway!

This would be an extension for the website, anyway it's not like we're going to do this now...
Thanks!

snakegi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 12:13:17 PM

I've a similar suggestions to my service. In most cases, an escrow system means money refunding when purchased content has been detected as scam. This is an additional buyer protection from the trusted service. For example, when verified seller upload a faked content after his verification.

There are no fake contents, all images are verified and after the verification the sellers are only able to edit things like price, title and description.
Also, in that case, if the buyer find something that is not correct, it is our responsibility to refund them, since we're the ones providing the use licenses.

Well my main idea is that if for example you miss something when verifying the photos

Yes in that case would be nice to have something so we could be able to refund without paying ourselves, but still an escrow service would be too much to work with the exception.
Instead of that we could implement a "maturing time" so an untrusted seller wouldn't be able to withdraw right after the purchase.

snakegi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 12:43:15 PM

has anyone able to receive money from this market place? I there anybody who has been successful already into selling their pictures using this services?

Our service is quite new and as you might know, take time to get enough traffic and content to attract big buyers like design agencies, big websites and retailers, and make them use bitcoin for that.
But if you're looking to the market outside bitcoin stock image sales is a huge market, but it's not easy for small players (amateur photographers/designers) to make money like this, because the competition is tough, professionals publish thousands of different pictures to sell enough for a solid income.

We had a few sales already, quite small, but we're only over 200 pics yet.

snakegi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 01:03:23 PM

Great service, have you had a chance to advertise your service to thousands of potential clients?  Check out my banner and see for your self what a true bitcoin advertising platform can do for you.

Thanks for the advise, i've registered there and it looks really good, let's see if it works well.

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:09:13 PM

Yes in that case would be nice to have something so we could be able to refund without paying ourselves, but still an escrow service would be too much to work with the exception.
Instead of that we could implement a "maturing time" so an untrusted seller wouldn't be able to withdraw right after the purchase.

Yes that is true, but with a maturing time now sellers have to deal with bitcoin price changes which my bitcoin escrow service solves
snakegi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 01:32:31 PM

Yes that is true, but with a maturing time now sellers have to deal with bitcoin price changes which my bitcoin escrow service solves

Now you have a good point in there, and Nice video btw.

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:53:21 PM

Now you have a good point in there, and Nice video btw.
Grin thanks
snakegi (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 03:41:48 PM

Update:
Show More Visualized recent images on the home page

kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:48:11 PM

This is good idea. I will bookmark your page. As a need some good graphics and photos for my projects I will return back. Keep it alive and growing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: