Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BetaRigs Owner Tools Bot - A Monitoring and Updating Tool for Your Rigs  (Read 900 times)
btcspry (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:43:31 AM

Leasing out your rig on BetaRigs can get you an extra few percent profit above mining straight for a pool.  The only problem: you have to monitor and update your rig based on the relative price of other rigs.  We have designed a set of tools that alerts users when their rig goes down, and automatically updates the rig's price based on the current market price (+/- a user-defined percentage).

Our quick and easy interface, available on our website, makes it easy to enable our bot for your rig.

Currently, the project is not open source.  However, if we receive a few donations we would certainly consider releasing it as open source to allow others to set up the cron jobs on their own computer, and manage it yourself (just in case you don't trust us with your API key).  If you ever have any questions, we're here to help!  Donations are always accepted: 1MF7hKShzq2iSV9ZZ9hEx6ATnHQpFtM7cF!  Enjoy, and happy mining!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nubminer

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:44:12 AM

You want Donations to help develop a site that you charge me to use.   Am i missing something?
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:17:31 PM

I have not used BetaRigs in quite some time.
Frankly, I was much more of n00bcake when I did.

I cannot remember if you have something in place which keeps the owner of the rigs from performing a block withholding attack.
If not, would it be extremely difficult to implement, or could this bot have additional code added to help in any way?

Do you?

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
btcspry (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:44:32 PM

You want Donations to help develop a site that you charge me to use.   Am i missing something?

This is free to use...what makes you think we're charing for it?
btcspry (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:49:54 PM

I have not used BetaRigs in quite some time.
Frankly, I was much more of n00bcake when I did.

I cannot remember if you have something in place which keeps the owner of the rigs from performing a block withholding attack.
If not, would it be extremely difficult to implement, or could this bot have additional code added to help in any way?

Do you?

BetaRigs just acts as a proxy to connect your miner to a renter's pool.  It would not be possble to check for such attacks.  Also, this bot is for owners, so it would not be working to prevent owners.  It aims to achieve two simple goals: notify you when your rig is now, and adjust the rig's price over time.  It really doesn't do anything else currently.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: