Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:03:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Auction Site - New, but needed service.  (Read 2957 times)
mtnminer (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:33:37 PM

Hello Fellow Bitcoiners

I have just opened an Auction Site where Bitcoin is the main form of payment.  I know I am not the first to try this and will not be the last.

But I believe in Bitcoin and that it is the future for global currency! I have found the options in market places lacking and I thought i would work to help change the situation.

Please feel free to share constructive criticism and it will be appreciated.  The site is active and usable, but still under development.  so look for improvements in appearance and function in the future.

http://www.auction.coinmkr.com

Currently payment processing will be manually, until I find a good working automated solution.

Thank you
Dennis Kerley
Mtnminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:48:36 PM

The interface looks clear and user-friendly and looks like you are using a free WeBid auction script and I think it would be better if you customize that with your own brand name. Also the auctions and users and clock on the top right corner would be better in black letters.

zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:53:50 PM

ok I have looked though your site. I hope you won't take this offensive but the site is as ugly as it can. You can find someone here on the services section to design your site again. "Powered by WeBid © 2008 - 2013" that will be what keep people away from your site you will need to update and change a lot of things. Automated payment processing can be used is bitpay or coinpayments Grin Apply it into your site is not really hard I think. Last but not lease, after having finished all things above, you need to have a campaign to promote your site. Maybe it's a signature campaign (the budget may be huge!), an ad or something can attract both sellers and buyers to your site

Regards
zodiac3011
mtnminer (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:18:31 PM

Hello DimensionZ

Thank you for your compliment and suggestion.  I am currently working on the need for a Logo and hope to have that up soon.  I am working to customize the site with our Brand Name.  I also see what you mean about changing the font to black.

Dennis

The interface looks clear and user-friendly and looks like you are using a free WeBid auction script and I think it would be better if you customize that with your own brand name. Also the auctions and users and clock on the top right corner would be better in black letters.
mtnminer (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:22:23 PM

Hello Zodiac

I am not offended by your comments about the site being ugly or the payment processing.  I agree with you and am working on these issues.

I shared my site here as I respect you all and new that I would get good feedback during my development phase.  I also shared it here, hoping to garner some listings that I may further perfect the function and appearance of the site before receiving heavy traffic.

I am working to add automatic payment processing very quickly and get the appearance customized and start our branding.

Dennis

ok I have looked though your site. I hope you won't take this offensive but the site is as ugly as it can. You can find someone here on the services section to design your site again. "Powered by WeBid © 2008 - 2013" that will be what keep people away from your site you will need to update and change a lot of things. Automated payment processing can be used is bitpay or coinpayments Grin Apply it into your site is not really hard I think. Last but not lease, after having finished all things above, you need to have a campaign to promote your site. Maybe it's a signature campaign (the budget may be huge!), an ad or something can attract both sellers and buyers to your site

Regards
zodiac3011
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 03:23:26 PM

If you're looking for a seasoned developer to give you a hand with this I offer my services.

Feel free to PM me and we can sit down and compile a list of what needs changed and to a price estimate.
I can implement payment gateways with various crypto coins if you like. Most time within a few hours.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:42:10 PM

The concept is great, I hope it works out because this is much needed.  The UI needs work, it looks a little dated and you need branding.  I like all of the categories.  Will keep an eye on this project. 

I love Bitcoin
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 07:19:48 PM

Well, I welcome new Bitcoin marketplace and auction sites. But you should do more changes in order to differ from the standard script. My critcism:

- choose a top level domain instead of xxx.yyyy.com
- change the template and the logo
- found some people who start to put some products on the site, no one is registering when there are not offers
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3428

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 07:55:55 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2016, 09:18:36 AM by SFR10

Hello, it seems you've done this so far all by yourself and can't blame you but here are the thing you could do in order to improve your auction site:

1. Add a favicon intended for your website
2. Use your own logo in the header (which your doing it already as you mentioned above)
3. Buy a template for your site (it would really be worth it and you could easily customize it)
4. For payment gateway: Use anything except Blockchain.info API itself (literally)

Update:

I don't think that WeBid wold have any premium templates, its a very outdated script.

Do you understand what you mean by saying Blockchain API itself literally?
I think you mean not using Blockchain.info API

Anyway, apart from that, I agree.
It looks very bad and old.

No I didn't meant for WeBid template, I meant for any premium template possible (Not restricting to WeBid if there are any)
Sorry, corrected my earlier post, I meant Blochchain.info API

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Hello, it seems you've done this so far all by yourself and can't blame you but here are the thing you could do in order to improve your auction site:

1. Add a favicon intended for your website
2. Use your own logo in the header (which your doing it already as you mentioned above)
3. Buy a template for your site (it would really be worth it and you could easily customize it)
4. For payment gateway: Use anything except Blockchain API itself (literally)

I don't think that WeBid wold have any premium templates, its a very outdated script.

Do you understand what you mean by saying Blockchain API itself literally?
I think you mean not using Blockchain.info API

Anyway, apart from that, I agree.
It looks very bad and old.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:06:31 AM

the idea itself is a good idea thats the positive.

On the negative and not to be a jerk but to be honest it looks very
vanilla and not very professional. I couldnt see anyone using a site that
looks like something anyone could make.

Get a professional to help imo

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: