Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:07:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is crashing. Why? :(  (Read 7138 times)
flock123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:13:03 AM

crashing ??

I think what you mean is the declining price of bitcoin
but it can happen crashing because bitcoin prices tend to decline
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:15:52 AM

People are selling their BTC that they made of ethereum while they are still ahead.. If you look at the ether volume it is no coincidence that there is a lot of sell pressure on bitcoin. (probably some big holders cashing out).
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:21:33 AM

Bitcoin has gone into panic sell mode. Once the price dips, weak investors begin cashing out. All we can do is wait for the trend to even out, and for the market to eventually correct itself. Shouldn't take more than a couple of days.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:30:00 AM

People are selling their BTC that they made of ethereum while they are still ahead.. If you look at the ether volume it is no coincidence that there is a lot of sell pressure on bitcoin. (probably some big holders cashing out).

I was looking at the charts and I noticed the same thing. I think it is as you say since in the last weeks we had a pretty stable price pattern.

I'll wait some more days to see whether this is confirmed or not.

Wink
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:48:33 AM

it's not really a crash. some one cashed out his coins or simply wanted to cause panic sellers to sell it down. i think it won't go below $260 on the major exchanges. btc-e is always lower.
to1ga

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:54:08 AM

https://i.imgur.com/tcNDEPZ.png

Calm your friends.
I see our future might be rising.

█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
               ▄▄█  █▄▄
            ▄█████  █████▄
       ▄  █▄ ▀▀███  ███▀▀ ▄█  ▄
   ▄▄███  ████▄▄ ▀  ▀ ▄▄████  ███▄▄

▀▀███  ████▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀████  ███▀▀  ▄
███▄▄  ▀  ▀▀ ▄▄███  ███▄▄ ▀▀  ▀  ▄▄███
█████▀      ▀█████  █████▀      ▀█████
█▀▀  ▄▄█  ██▄▄ ▀▀█  █▀▀ ▄▄██  █▄▄  ▀▀█
   █████  ██████      ██████  █████
█▄▄  ▀▀█  ██▀▀ ▄▄█  █▄▄ ▀▀██  █▀▀  ▄▄█
█████▄      ▄█████  █████▄      ▄█████
███▀▀  ▄  ▄▄ ▀▀███  ███▀▀ ▄▄  ▄  ▀▀███
▀  ▄▄███  ████▄▄ ▀  ▀ ▄▄████  ███▄▄  ▀
   ▀▀███  ████▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀████  ███▀▀
       ▀  █▀ ▄▄███  ███▄▄ ▀█  ▀
            ▀█████  █████▀
               ▀▀█  █▀▀
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
A Blog That Discusses About
Artificial Intelligence    The Future    Ethics on AI    and more
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
investspot

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 10:00:33 AM

Because you're not buying coins Grin

I think so.  Grin
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:15:30 AM

https://i.imgur.com/tcNDEPZ.png

Calm your friends.
I see our future might be rising.

Exactly my point. There is no scenario where bitcoin price goes straight upward, withouth any slips down.
If the people that are hoarding coin would just buy and never sell , they would have to buy each time at a higher price. Selling some in large batches shakes off
weak hands and lowers the price, which gives them a chance to buy more on a lower level.
hodl and wait, just for one year, and you will get results.

cheers
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:20:26 AM

Wouldn't call it a crash by any means.  Hope this isn't the start of more bitcoin iz doomed!!!11 threads, save that shit for the speculation board Wink

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 11:01:31 AM

i cant see nothing that tell me that bitcoin is crashing, i just see a simple dump thats all, like always...

maybe we are just a little bit nervious Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:20:44 AM

The marketcap is tiny and there are people holding tons of coins manipulating the market at will. We can't do anything about this unless a whale wants to fight back and create bull pressure, since we are still far from mainstream adoption that's all we can hope for.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:38:55 AM

It seems that the Bitcoin users behave similarly as real brokers on the stock exchange.
When the value of the shares starts to fall this creates a panic mood and everybody sales, which further affects the decline in value of shares.
Smart investors know that it is the best time to buy stocks and earn good profit later, when value of the shares increase again.
It's the same with BTC.
So, don't worry much about value of bitcoin but buy now (when its value is lower) and earn later Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:50:00 AM

Why is it crashing?

it most definitely sucks to see the bitcoin price go down. but i don't call it a crash since it has not gone so far down. the $10-20 price change is something normal for the volatility of bitcoin.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:06:10 PM

people need money to do their vacation, there the reason for the crash, i've always stated that summer isn't that great for a pump, too much distraction, autumn is much better if you want to see a good price increase
NorrisK
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:13:39 PM

people need money to do their vacation, there the reason for the crash, i've always stated that summer isn't that great for a pump, too much distraction, autumn is much better if you want to see a good price increase

Wasn't the pump to 260 before the November 1200 during the summer? It may be an excellent time for a pump die to people not having access to their coins to dump on a higher price.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:18:32 PM

Wasn't the pump to 260 before the November 1200 during the summer? It may be an excellent time for a pump die to people not having access to their coins to dump on a higher price.

was in april, so spring and not really summer, with summer i'm mostly talking about august as a bad month for a pump and probably more good for dumping, in fact there was a dump after that 260 in april
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:44:26 PM

I just don't understand why people are buying ethereum for a higher price than the ipo price of 2000 ether per bitcoin. So many dumb people in this market.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 12:55:27 PM

I don't know what happened in just 4 days and the rate has just declined. I have just had a loss of about $0.6 as the amount I have is less but it must be even more who are saving their bitcoins. It's seriously not a good sign.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:03:01 PM

I don't know what happened in just 4 days and the rate has just declined. I have just had a loss of about $0.6 as the amount I have is less but it must be even more who are saving their bitcoins. It's seriously not a good sign.

Bitcoin lost 5,5% in value in the last 24 hours. That means you have 11.4 $ in bitcoins. Math, wow. Smiley
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 02:58:44 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 05:42:32 PM by erikalui

Bitcoin lost 5,5% in value in the last 24 hours. That means you have 11.4 $ in bitcoins. Math, wow. Smiley

LOL! I said in 4 days I lost $0.6 and I have now $7.75 while it was $8.35 4 days ago. The price is decreasing rapidly in just 4 days while earlier it used to take a week for the price to decrease. The price used to be stable for a week with $2-$5 decrease/increase.

@jonald_fyookball: I know I don't have much in my BTC account but even I am worried about the price fluctuation just as you or anyone else. I have seen that last month the price was pretty stable at $230-$250 so am a bit upset and hence my frustration over the price.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: