Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:18:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Expanse (EXP) - Fair Mining, Fair Launch, No ICO, Based on Ethereum.  (Read 25042 times)
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:57:26 AM

waiting....waiting....waiting....waiting....waiting....waiting....waiting....wa iting....waiting....waiting....waiting.... Grin
We`re all waiting for this coin to launch Smiley
idol

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:04:06 PM

This coin starts to look 1337 already. Almost no newbs in the thread, almost no well known hypers just genuine enthusiasm.

Edit: I have nothing against newbs, but often a dev creates shill accounts at the start of a coin to hype. Those newbie accounts i am referring to.

yes looks good

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:28:18 PM

I want to mining with my Titan
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 12:31:12 PM

any instruction regarding mining and shit ?
that the second clone I see, and they didn't put any instruction either ?
Is that that complicated that no dev want to write anything about it ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:01:26 PM

This is a pre announcement and it will mine just like Ethereum at this point, no specifics were put for things still in discussion and subject to change. At this point it is a dagger hybrid like ETH and GPU based. The build has been made, but we still need 1-2 more coders for Python and Node for the Explorer and Buildbot.

Do you know how to mine Ethereum, would it be helpful with detailed instructions for that later, once ready?

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:02:44 PM

Can I mined theses coin with Titan miner?

I think that will be great

lihaidong198871

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:17:11 PM

wait ,this seems promise  Grin
nikl

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:26:57 PM

This is a pre announcement and it will mine just like Ethereum at this point, no specifics were put for things still in discussion and subject to change. At this point it is a dagger hybrid like ETH and GPU based. The build has been made, but we still need 1-2 more coders for Python and Node for the Explorer and Buildbot.

Do you know how to mine Ethereum, would it be helpful with detailed instructions for that later, once ready?

If you could give detailed instructions for mining Ethereum it will be great.
As for me, I don't know how to mine it.
crypto jerk

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:42:47 PM

if its shas56d, will this be merge mined with bitcoin???
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:44:32 PM

This coin sounds good for me. The Franko guys used to be trustworthy folks. BTW don't listen to the "pure pow" freaks. A mixed PoW PoS coin going to be fine. ...also please ignore the ETH shills Smiley.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:14:38 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 06:22:19 PM by jasemoney

If you could give detailed instructions for mining Ethereum it will be great.
As for me, I don't know how to mine it.

First: Great idea, get a GUI, and give everyone a chance to mine an ethereum based coin.

2nd: I tried mining ethereum, couldnt figure out the gpu part, but cpu mined for 5 days and didnt get anything. I guess if anyone notices a proper gpu and cpu mining writeup for ethereum maybe link it here... the problem stems from there being multiple ethereum command line clients, each slightly different. not sure why they chose to make all these parts and not bring them together coherently before their launch. Heres the list of executables that came with the 0.9.39 release of Ethereum I downloaded: abi.exe, alethzero.exe, eth.exe, ethconsole.exe, ethkey.exe, ethminer.exe, ethvm.exe, mix.exe, qtwebengineprocess.exe, rlp.exe, solc.exe. Oh and theres another client Geth.

edit** using some proper flags I was able to get GPU mining working, batch files in their respective folders...
batch file for geth:
Code:
 geth --rpc --rpcaddr "0.0.0.0" --rpcport 8545 --rpccorsdomain "*" localhost 2
batch file for ethminer:
Code:
ethminer -G -F http://192.168.0.*:8545 --farm-recheck 100 --no-precompute
note ip address "192.168.0.*" shall be changed to your local ip

anyways i had already created an account and synced geth, so im assuming this just mines to it. no clue if it works right though it took less than 15 min to make a DAG file to mine against and ive been getting 22Mhash on my 7950gpu

I assume again that when Expanse launches the standard ethminer will work just pointed at the right rpc port.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:09:50 PM

This ethereum clone is definitely worth it. I'm watching this very closely. Can't wait for it to be released. The Expanse name is truly epic  Cool

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
thebountiful

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:29:41 PM

Ethereum having a clone is a great idea.

I have followed both Frank and Clayton on twitter and believe Frank really is a good guy. But this is not good in reputation that he is working with Clayton. Due to the massive failure and obvious Insider selloff of Horizon before the announcement today... I do not trust ANYONE connected to HZ. Clayton buys in cheap... tells people to buy in so he can sell higher... then makes himself look like a Nobel Crypto Leader when in fact he preys on people who cannot track what he does and dumps into their buy orders. How about the VNL scam? I have seen Clayton and CCC really pump that load of trash.

HZ was a cashcow for them to drag a faithful community along to milk every last satoshi they could for the project. It was a scam from the get go and it has NO NEW INNOVATION so how is Clayton and his "coders" going to out code Ethereum??? 1 million HZ to each dev team member each month to play dump dump dump on the community... and How about the HZ Exchange... massive failure...

So i suppose he will put ESP brand up on his clubs banners... and he will use the gullible good folks within that group to pump his bitcoin wallet nice and fat. Liars, snakes and thieves.

You really think you will perfect code which has millions of dollars behind it by somehow raising a couple bitcoin to pump and dump this coin to death like you did HZ? You cannot handle a little JAVA.... how are you going to handle Ethereum? I call this a joke. I will be looking for a real clone not centered around the CryptoCurrency Pump Club.

Great name and Idea... just shady characters behind it. But i will stay to watch this crash and burn too. Like all of his "good picks"
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:38:28 PM

If you get a gui from the start your will be better than Ethereum right away. Still can't beleive they couldn't bring a couple of hours of coding to get the GUI going...
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:46:17 PM

This coin sounds good for me. The Franko guys used to be trustworthy folks. BTW don't listen to the "pure pow" freaks. A mixed PoW PoS coin going to be fine. ...also please ignore the ETH shills Smiley.

used to be?!?! Tongue I agree PoW/PoS sounds good to me.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:53:37 PM

Definitely watching this.

Let the ETH clone wars begin

Yep. Ethplus, ethlite, ethdark, ethcrypt, stealtheth, supereth, flappyeth, pandaeth, blacketh, asiaeth, besteth ...

Good times ahead.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:54:34 PM

I have followed both Frank and Clayton on twitter and believe Frank really is a good guy. But this is not good in reputation that he is working with Clayton. Due to the massive failure and obvious Insider selloff of Horizon before the announcement today... I do not trust ANYONE connected to HZ. Clayton buys in cheap... tells people to buy in so he can sell higher... then makes himself look like a Nobel Crypto Leader when in fact he preys on people who cannot track what he does and dumps into their buy orders. How about the VNL scam? I have seen Clayton and CCC really pump that load of trash.

HZ was a cashcow for them to drag a faithful community along to milk every last satoshi they could for the project. It was a scam from the get go and it has NO NEW INNOVATION so how is Clayton and his "coders" going to out code Ethereum??? 1 million HZ to each dev team member each month to play dump dump dump on the community... and How about the HZ Exchange... massive failure...

So i suppose he will put ESP brand up on his clubs banners... and he will use the gullible good folks within that group to pump his bitcoin wallet nice and fat. Liars, snakes and thieves.

You really think you will perfect code which has millions of dollars behind it by somehow raising a couple bitcoin to pump and dump this coin to death like you did HZ? You cannot handle a little JAVA.... how are you going to handle Ethereum? I call this a joke. I will be looking for a real clone not centered around the CryptoCurrency Pump Club.

Great name and Idea... just shady characters behind it. But i will stay to watch this crash and burn too. Like all of his "good picks"

I started writing about cryptos many years ago. I was one of the first people doing it that was non anonymous, at least for Alts. I did some good trades, and people kept asking me what I bought. With great reluctance I have shared some buys. Most were very good, but cryptos go up and down. I am not responsible for that. I have also learned a great deal over the years, and learned how to minimize risk, but crypto trading is always high risk.

As for VNL, it looked good, and I bought and talked about it at 3.5k, it went up to 55k, not sure what there is to complain about! I sold as there are now some concerns. If you lose money trading that is your own fault. If you can't read charts and are not willing to take risks, you are not ready for it. Everyone, including myself, always says to take your own risks and do your own research. We mean it!

As for Horizon, I broke even or maybe made a tiny profit, no boats or limos, but the price is still higher 1.5 years later, and there is still an active team. I plan on helping out for free as long as I can take the abuse. Wink So I think some credit is deserved for the team sticking around that long. Regardless, this is a totally different project, and just because some people have worked on other projects, that should not be held against them, but rather, they should get some credit for experiences learned.

p.s. Why do you have only 1 post? How am I the shady character if you are not sharing your real bitcointalk id? I have a real identity with many years of posts, that is the exact opposite of shady. Love or hate me, I am not hiding, you are.

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 09:03:13 PM

I decided to create an alternative to ETH because there was no incentive for me to use ETH as it didnt meet my needs. Ive been working on a project called exp.life for about a year now, white paper,patent the whole 9. I was originally going to create the meta app on FRK but then I tried eth and it was just alot easier for the specific idea I have. Anyone who wants to help me can feel free too. Anyone who knows me, knows I dont do the shady shit. You would be hard pressed to find someone say that I do. I'm building a product that I can use to meet my goals because ETH doesnt, and if my product can help others meet theres then who am I to deny them?

I may not be able to outcode a million dollar budget but I can tailor their work for my needs. One major thing i'm going to do is create json api calls that match bitcoins rpc calls, that way its easier to integrate into existing infrastructure. I'm doing that because then I dont have to rework functionality in the web app ive been working.

I'm also going to simplfy some of the javascript console calls to again, resemble what alot of us are used to.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:18:18 PM

I may not be able to outcode a million dollar budget but I can tailor their work for my needs.

Let it also be known just because the team is small doesn't mean there isn't room for more, we don't need a million dollars when there is millions of dollars worth of talent out there who may be willing to take a risk and not feel like they need a king's treasure to start.
CryptoClub (OP)
Legendary

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:25:45 PM

I may not be able to outcode a million dollar budget but I can tailor their work for my needs.

Let it also be known just because the team is small doesn't mean there isn't room for more, we don't need a million dollars when there is millions of dollars worth of talent out there who may be willing to take a risk and not feel like they need a king's treasure to start.

I admit when Franko announced his plans, I leapt at the chance! I have known him a long time and we get along well, and while he is humble, he is *extremely* capable and brilliant. People with talent that can get on the team, should.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: