Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:05:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If I Mine Bitcoin in India  (Read 897 times)
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:45:18 PM

If I mine bitcoin in India and later sell it for usd to a buyer located somewhere out of india,how will I have to disclose it in my tax documents?

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:45:57 PM

bitcoin it's not regulated there see india here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country

which mean that you are free to operate without tax, but it could not be the point anymore from this year(the wiki is not updated), if you can't ask locally it's better to declare your income to be safe

there must be also a maximum that if not surpassed it should put you in a tax free zone, but i don't know how in india things work
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:40:03 PM

bitcoin it's not regulated there see india here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country

which mean that you are free to operate without tax, but it could not be the point anymore from this year(the wiki is not updated), if you can't ask locally it's better to declare your income to be safe

there must be also a maximum that if not surpassed it should put you in a tax free zone, but i don't know how in india things work
Thanks for replying. But it doesn't matter whether I declare it or not,the tax collecting authorities will eventually know from my bank account that I have received such and such amount from abroad and that could put be in legal trouble. So to be on a safer side I myself want to declare it but am at loss to figure out under what category should I show it.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:44:34 PM

Cow shit isn't regulated either. If I sell several tons of it and make a profit I'll be expected to pay tax on it.
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:53:29 PM

Cow shit isn't regulated either. If I sell several tons of it and make a profit I'll be expected to pay tax on it.
You need export license to sell is out of your country. You can then get rebate in tax for earning foreign exchange. But the problem with btc is that you can't get export license for it not does it come under forex business

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:01:23 PM

You need export license to sell is out of your country. You can then get rebate in tax for earning foreign exchange. But the problem with btc is that you can't get export license for it not does it come under forex business

Maybe for the sake of a quiet life you could declare it as software sales? Ultimately it's nothing more than computer code that you've created by mining it.
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:12:35 PM

Maybe for the sake of a quiet life you could declare it as software sales? Ultimately it's nothing more than computer code that you've created by mining it.
Good idea.. Cheesy

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:47:53 PM

this only if they know about your selling

but anyway not everything is subject to tax(there are forms of collectionable item for example, that are not taxable), and every country has its rule
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:49:58 PM

If I mine bitcoin in India and later sell it for usd to a buyer located somewhere out of india,how will I have to disclose it in my tax documents?

Depends on how much $ worth of bitcoin you mine. If it is low for your countries status then you might not declare it in your tax documents. Maybe ask the Indian IRS for an accurate answer ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: