Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFury has the No. 1 Crown for Now...  (Read 11189 times)
btcmner

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:01:26 PM

seems like the only miners you can run at home are more of a toy then something you can make any real money with

The Sidehack USB sticks are a nice choice or possibly an old S3 those weren't to noisy. Everything from bitmain after that was way to noisy and draws to much to run on any normal home 110V electrical outlets
Problem is, for most, electricity costs make mining at home not worth it.
The only remaining reasons to mine at home would be to get bitcoins (at higher cost than from an exchange), or for the sake of mining, like a hobby for which you don't mind spending money without financial return.

Mining for fun.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:37:13 AM

Bitfury has a massive mining farm (or two or three) in Washington state where power is $.02 per kwh,maybe even less...& some more farms in Romania & Russia I believe.

Doubt we'll see any mining chips or miners from them for sale to us home miners before the halving  Roll Eyes

Gotta move to another coin,BTC is corporate & has been for awhile,I am...........the love is gone  Cry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 08:03:52 PM

Bitfury has a massive mining farm (or two or three) in Washington state where power is $.02 per kwh,maybe even less...& some more farms in Romania & Russia I believe.

Doubt we'll see any mining chips or miners from them for sale to us home miners before the halving  Roll Eyes

Gotta move to another coin,BTC is corporate & has been for awhile,I am...........the love is gone  Cry
Maybe you meant MegaBigPower? That's not us. BitFury's datacenters are located in Republic of Georgia and Iceland.

We are already selling chips to integrators whose interest is to produce mining equipment and take it to market as fast as they can.

We are hopeful that the first BitFury enabled devices will hit the streets by the end of March.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
forbidden

Activity: 1529
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 12:40:58 AM

Doubt we'll see any mining chips or miners from them for sale to us home miners before the halving  Roll Eyes

Gotta move to another coin,BTC is corporate & has been for awhile,I am...........the love is gone  Cry
Maybe you meant MegaBigPower? That's not us. BitFury's datacenters are located in Republic of Georgia and Iceland.

We are already selling chips to integrators whose interest is to produce mining equipment and take it to market as fast as they can.

We are hopeful that the first BitFury enabled devices will hit the streets by the end of March.

Does the device will be sold in Georgia?
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 03:09:13 AM

You are selling them to who ?? Can we have some name to check the company.

Are you whilling to sell in small batch to Sidehack ?  Grin We could get some bitfury usb stick!

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
punin

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 10:26:25 PM

Are you whilling to sell in small batch to Sidehack ?  Grin We could get some bitfury usb stick!
I'm sure Sidehack will be among the first ones to receive our chips.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 02:59:03 AM

Punin thank you for the update we are all excited to hear the news of your progress, and I know I look forward to seeing some final packaged miners and would love to see a bitfury sidhack USB miner in the near future.
Batmain

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:24:49 PM

Does it mean the S7 will be unprofitable from end of May? It is much earlier than I expected. The difficulty will rise fast.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:10:42 AM

Does it mean the S7 will be unprofitable from end of May? It is much earlier than I expected. The difficulty will rise fast.

by the current trend of the diff, it will earn around 0.01, which is very bad if you think that at the beginning it was 0.04

so maybe still profitable if you have the right electricity and you have your roi, but i wuld not buy any s7 anymore
Tascon

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:01:52 AM

by the current trend of the diff, it will earn around 0.01, which is very bad if you think that at the beginning it was 0.04

so maybe still profitable if you have the right electricity and you have your roi, but i wuld not buy any s7 anymore

Shall we wait for the new 16 nm miners now? I heard it will come out in April. But the difficulty rises so fast, maybe the manufacturers are already mining with it.
jamalaezaz
Copper Member

Activity: 1876
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 12:14:27 PM

BitFury, which has been (mostly) number two in blocks won recently has just moved into first place:

https://blockchain.info/pools

BitFury: 103
AntPool: 102
F2Pool: 99

congrats bitfury for this success. I have not try gaming sites personally. but hope they have some amazing feature. that's why the became so popular.

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
forbidden

Activity: 1529
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 03:10:16 PM

Dear @punin,
I ask you again, does the device will be sold in Georgia?
I checked your post and i want to purchase device. As i see you have sales on internet but i will be in Georgia and i want to buy directly so could you please kindly inform me do you have any sales office, or sales shop this country. Add to that, will be the price same as on your web site on your sales shop? Also will be there any extra taxes? I will bring them to Turkey when i turn back Turkey. Please inform me address where i can purchase them? I'm waiting your reply ASAP.
Best Regards.
punin

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 05:04:30 PM

Dear @punin,
I ask you again, does the device will be sold in Georgia?
I checked your post and i want to purchase device. As i see you have sales on internet but i will be in Georgia and i want to buy directly so could you please kindly inform me do you have any sales office, or sales shop this country. Add to that, will be the price same as on your web site on your sales shop? Also will be there any extra taxes? I will bring them to Turkey when i turn back Turkey. Please inform me address where i can purchase them? I'm waiting your reply ASAP.
Best Regards.
What device? Currently we have no sales representative in the Republic of Georgia. You should keep monitoring the bitfury.com website where official resellers and integrators will be listed.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
jeremyf327

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 09:52:17 PM

Looks like we will all be waiting until the end of March to add more hashpower. Embarrassed
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:35:23 PM

Doubt we'll see any mining chips or miners from them for sale to us home miners before the halving  Roll Eyes

Gotta move to another coin,BTC is corporate & has been for awhile,I am...........the love is gone  Cry

Are you whilling to sell in small batch to Sidehack ?  Grin We could get some bitfury usb stick!

It would be great if sidehack could make a usb miner with your chips when you supply to him Smiley.

It would certainly make home hobby miners like me and many others very happy Grin.
Amph
Legendary

Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:29:56 AM

Shall we wait for the new 16 nm miners now? I heard it will come out in April. But the difficulty rises so fast, maybe the manufacturers are already mining with it.

yeah i believe that they are already testing the new asic, some months wil pass before announcing it to the public and then starting to sell when the diff is already at the point where they are not delivering their initial 100% profit, as usual

but it may be worth purchasing for 1 month or two, liek it was at the beginnign for the s7
ALToids

Activity: 519

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

Any new S7 batches comming out at this time look like they will have n uphill fight chasing ROI.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:50:59 AM

Maybe.  They have 6 months to make some money off of it before the halving.  Halving is coming.

The usable life of a miner is just 6 months. If you cannot ROI within 6 months, you will never. So They should have planned for that.

What you talkin' about Willis?  I got S3s that have been going nonstop for over 16 months and will continue well past the halving.

And I'm sure lots of college kiddos "leeching" free power for 4 years at a time.  For me mining ROI is a secondary consideration - my main concern is keeping the network distributed.

If your electricity price is over $0.25/kWh, You will not mine profitably after the halving. The only motivation to mine to keep the network distributed.

I don't think anybody can mine profitably at present with $0.25/kwh  Shocked.  I am paying $4k/month to lease an office that I use less than 50% of the business days, just trying to recoup a little bit of the rent with the "free" electricity while supporting the network.

You need quite a few S7 to consume the $4k/month electricity cost. Will the landlord know the difference to the power bill?

I said recoup a little bit - not the whole thing Tongue

I think I may have been partially responsible for one of the older transformers blowing out coming from the main trunk - happened about 3 years ago when I was all card mining.  It was so eerily quiet Tongue
BitMaxz
Legendary

Merit: 2907

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 01:37:50 AM

I think bitcoin fury now is in 3rd place.
Any way i just want to ask about the difference of every mining pool. why some of them are low count?
I thought that they giving a good hash or rewards in f2pool than the others. am i right?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:04:06 PM

Why has Bitfury been behind closed doors for so long?  Is it because it was profitable to self mine and support product to other data centers.  The halving and difficulty must play a part in this, oh and can't forget the cost of the new chip development.
I'm not a basher, I am extremely excited to have this come to market.  I just hate the fact they left the home miner without any options to buy their product until now. 

Will be waiting to see if they will indeed sell chips to Sidehack.  That's the game changer.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: