Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transactions not appearing in Armory 0.93.3  (Read 1302 times)
tpofo (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:34:15 PM

I already submitted a support ticket.  I am just posting a brief description here in case anyone else may have had the problem.
I upgraded bitcoin core to 0.11.1, ran it, waited for total sync.
I upgraded Armory to 0.93.3, ran it, and waited for total sync.

I did not see my most recent transaction(receiving).  So, I verified in blockchain, and it is verified. 
Then, I exported key to bitcoin core and my transaction was there, no problem.  However, Armory does not see it.  I already tried rebuilding and rescanning database.

Anyone ever had this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alred911

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:25:00 PM

looks like my issue as well,

did you compare blocks from armory and fron btc core ? (mouse over botom right)
your armory is probably off compare to btc core.
x.madisco

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:18:53 AM

I have a similar issue, but possibly not the same one.

I'm running Armory 0.93.3 and Bitcoin Core 0.11.2.

I normally run both Bitcoin Core and Armory 24/7.  Bitcoin Core is up to to date and always current (i.e. receiving blocks without issue).  Armory one day crashed and said I needed to factory reset (no idea why).  I restarted with a rebuild and rescan figuring it might fix things.  It didn't.  Armory always stops at block 191534.  I tried a few times and every time I rescan or rebuild/rescan, it always come up and appears ready at block 191534.  Meanwhile, Bitcoin Core chugs along normally (currently at block 386938).

A few questions:

Is Armory compatible with Bitcoin Core 0.11.2?

Do I need to do the factory reset to resolve this?

Does a factory reset remove all wallets and require that they be re-imported?
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:47:28 AM

I normally run both Bitcoin Core and Armory 24/7.  Bitcoin Core is up to to date and always current (i.e. receiving blocks without issue).  Armory one day crashed and said I needed to factory reset (no idea why).  I restarted with a rebuild and rescan figuring it might fix things.  It didn't.  Armory always stops at block 191534.  I tried a few times and every time I rescan or rebuild/rescan, it always come up and appears ready at block 191534.  Meanwhile, Bitcoin Core chugs along normally (currently at block 386938).

A few questions:

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) No

x.madisco

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:54:54 AM

A few questions:

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) No

Thanks for the quick response!  So to be clear, I can do the factory reset and once it's complete, have full functionality back with my existing wallets?

Any idea what would have caused this?
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:11:47 PM

Thanks for the quick response!  So to be clear, I can do the factory reset and once it's complete, have full functionality back with my existing wallets?

Factory reset nukes your DB, Core's blocks and defaults your settings. It doesn't touch wallets nor lockboxes.

Core is either missing a block in one of its blkXXXXX.dat or the block got mangled and the valid one was written after it. Core does not delete mangled blocks nor overwrites them. Armory is chocking on the mangled block (it's probably not mangled enough for Armory to just skip it). The upcoming version handles these kind of cases properly.

x.madisco

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:45:44 PM

Thanks for the quick response!  So to be clear, I can do the factory reset and once it's complete, have full functionality back with my existing wallets?

Factory reset nukes your DB, Core's blocks and defaults your settings. It doesn't touch wallets nor lockboxes.

Core is either missing a block in one of its blkXXXXX.dat or the block got mangled and the valid one was written after it. Core does not delete mangled blocks nor overwrites them. Armory is chocking on the mangled block (it's probably not mangled enough for Armory to just skip it). The upcoming version handles these kind of cases properly.

Ok, thanks for addressing, and that makes sense.  I did the factory reset over night and it just completed, but again it's stuck at block 191534.  It sounds like my options are now:

1) Wait for a newer version of Armory (acceptable if coming out in the near future), or

2) Re-download all of the blockchain in bitcoin core and then rescan in Armory.

Anything else you can think of?

EDIT: To be clear, I did the lightest option factory reset.  I guess a heavier version is also an option.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:00:18 PM

EDIT: To be clear, I did the lightest option factory reset.  I guess a heavier version is also an option.

You dont have much of a choice in the matter. Usually I'd recommend deleting the blkXXXXX.dat files up to the missing blocks, but at height ~200000k you're barely 5GB into the blockchain, simpler to just nuke it all.

x.madisco

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:02:52 AM

You dont have much of a choice in the matter. Usually I'd recommend deleting the blkXXXXX.dat files up to the missing blocks, but at height ~200000k you're barely 5GB into the blockchain, simpler to just nuke it all.

I am still in the process of re-downloading the Core blockchain from scratch and I'll report back if it's fixed after that's complete and armory completes a rescan.

If it's worth anything, I don't know how the file got corrupted so I'm curious if you have any insight into this.  I'm not a new user and have been running this particular installation of Core/Armory together for about 2 years now through thick and thin (i.e. software and hardware upgrades), and this was the first major snag that caused Armory wallet downtime.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:55:14 AM

I'm not familiar with Core's code but I expect it was due to Core. Armory only ever reads those files and doesn't attempt to lock out other processes so it doesn't interfere with Core flushes either.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:55:37 PM

Bear in mind that Bitcoin Core on Windows frequently has problems where some blocks don't get committed to disk. Version 0.11.2 mitigates this somewhat, and there are more fixes in 0.12 (all Windows only, Linux and Mac versions are apparently not affected by these problems)

Vires in numeris
x.madisco

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:10:44 AM

Bear in mind that Bitcoin Core on Windows frequently has problems where some blocks don't get committed to disk. Version 0.11.2 mitigates this somewhat, and there are more fixes in 0.12 (all Windows only, Linux and Mac versions are apparently not affected by these problems)

Sorry, should have mentioned -- 100% GNU/Linux here.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:59:40 AM

Sorry, should have mentioned -- 100% GNU/Linux here.

Aha, indeed. Is this fault recurring? Don't think there are any problems with leveldb on Linux, it might help out to report it to github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin if so (possibly a bug caused by a quirk of the distro or configuration you're using?)

Vires in numeris
x.madisco

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:48:51 AM

I'm not familiar with Core's code but I expect it was due to Core. Armory only ever reads those files and doesn't attempt to lock out other processes so it doesn't interfere with Core flushes either.

Maybe, but since core was running fine all along, it definitely manifests as an Armory issue.

Happy to report though that after a long Core download from scratch followed by an Armory rebuild/rescan, things appear to be working again!  Hopefully I'll never have to do that again :-O
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:21:30 AM

Happy to report though that after a long Core download from scratch followed by an Armory rebuild/rescan, things appear to be working again!  Hopefully I'll never have to do that again :-O

Backup your Core data folder to ease the pain next time.

x.madisco

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:20:08 AM

Backup your Core data folder to ease the pain next time.

Not re-assuring at all, but I have a lot of backups and Core running on various machines that I could have used ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: