Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:14:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If not Bitcoin , then what ?  (Read 3444 times)
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:01:53 PM

guys talking about Bitcoin advertising earlier made a great point !
adoption isn't going to come out of thin air for no reason.
i think so far the driving force to new users has been people who come to make money off it all.
we don't have people showing up at Bitcointalk etc because they want to use a digital currency.
those people are out there unaware this stuff exists for the most part and we have to get to them and bring them in.
and unless this crypto scene is cleaned up and focused i don't see that happening.
we already have a black eye from SilkRoad alone never mind Gox etc etc..

SilkRoad and Gox are all news. More recent one:
https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/4247-italy-police-shut-down-digital-black-market-babylon

There always be something like this.  So basically, if Bitcoin fails in mass adaptation, every other coin will fail as well. maybe except gov issues coined or something like that, which has even more transparent and even less pseudonymous than bitcoin.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stellargratis

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:08:12 AM

NXT
maybe yes, maybe no.....
 Grin Grin Grin Grin
Biitcoin (OP)

Activity: 353

Zichain

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 05:50:23 PM

guys talking about Bitcoin advertising earlier made a great point !
adoption isn't going to come out of thin air for no reason.
i think so far the driving force to new users has been people who come to make money off it all.
we don't have people showing up at Bitcointalk etc because they want to use a digital currency.
those people are out there unaware this stuff exists for the most part and we have to get to them and bring them in.
and unless this crypto scene is cleaned up and focused i don't see that happening.
we already have a black eye from SilkRoad alone never mind Gox etc etc..

SilkRoad and Gox are all news. More recent one:
https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/4247-italy-police-shut-down-digital-black-market-babylon

There always be something like this.  So basically, if Bitcoin fails in mass adaptation, every other coin will fail as well. maybe except gov issues coined or something like that, which has even more transparent and even less pseudonymous than bitcoin.

a cryptoo currency controlled by the goverment wouldn't make a lot of sense , right ? I mean we want something decentralized and they are against that , so what's the point ?

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:12:09 PM

we ?
you mean crypto nerds.. *some of them.
i have told you all for ages the only peoples opinions that count are all over the world.
if mass adoption is the goal then what difference doe YOUR opinion matter ?
the real thing that matters is the general public consensus.
is the whole world waiting to join crypto once a coin with anon features are set up ?
is the general public out there going to hold back because of a coin be decentralized or not ?
I get the feeling the world won't care about that and what they WILL care about is if a coin works well..
How under the hood is probably going to more of an after thought.
You think Grandma cares if a coin is decentralized ?
Take a wild guess what some old lady is going to care about (i shouldn't even have to say what it's obvious)

as usual you guys here are all in your own little warped bubble insulated from reality stuck in a loop going nowhere and accomplishing nothing.

FUD first & ask questions later™
CoinNation

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:50:21 AM

If not bitcoin? Is that because of its traceability? Then Anonymous coins such as Monero might replace it. However, Monero needs mixing to stay anonymous, so the block chain size is bloated. I believe traceability is a good feature of bitcoin.
Biitcoin (OP)

Activity: 353

Zichain

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 09:03:16 PM

If not bitcoin? Is that because of its traceability? Then Anonymous coins such as Monero might replace it. However, Monero needs mixing to stay anonymous, so the block chain size is bloated. I believe traceability is a good feature of bitcoin.

Then I suppose DASH (Darkcoin) would be a good choice if we speaking about the anonymity feature .

ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:18:26 PM

LTC.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:31:19 PM

Everyone is quick to want to trace their coins when they been robbed.
And then more so with the general public i imagine.

Anon shit is a novelty and a gimmick and a rebel anti-establishment heap of bs.
The only people who will benefit are the criminal underground.

In case you guys didn't notice the criminals control all of this crap.. every bit of it.
Silk Road ?
Bitcointalk Trade Thieves and other misc services scammers. (Pump Groups / Exchanges)
Ransomware coders supposedly generate 325 million usd a year ..where is it spent / used ?

Then calculate what the top 50 shit coin proponents here in the Altcoin section every day hold.
1 million worth of BTC ? ..that is generous LOL

I have always found it funny how scammers pump out schemes then let fanboys do all the work defending it etc.
Take Anon shit.. a handful of poor nerds being wannbee keyboard warriors are battling here 24/7
in the name of freedom.. on behalf of a 1 billion dollar criminal underground economy.
And none of those guys have to show their face LOL
They have and use 99.99% of all the coins and make up their own rules for this crypto game.
and ALL OF YOU do the work for them like blind lemmings over the cliff..
What do i care if my coins can possibly be tracked using Bitcoin etc ?
Do i have something to hide ? of course not.. i could care less.
The group of nerds that sit here bumping their 560 page shill topic push the Anon gimmick so it pad's their wallets.
Same with the tacked on market shit.. or they Crypto 2.0 jargon (appealing to the noobs)
It's their way of pulling the long con Ponzi / pyramid scheme.
You can run a Pump & dump long term or short term.
And these weazles want all the new guys that come along to invest in Monero or whatever
so later down the road they can cash out large coin and get pink Bentley's and Lambo's.

Meanwhile they have to spam and shill hard any gimmick that will lure in the crowd.. what ever takes !
It's a farce and every one of us knows it too !
But we all play along to make money of the naive suckers that stumble in here..

The top 10 on Coimarketcap are nothing but long-con pyramid schemes.
There seems to be this pushed fallacy that if you defend something long enough it magically becomes legit.
ROFL nooooope .

EDIT:
see ? ..look at the ShillTard above my comment !

EDIT2:
In case mod's deleted that guys comment he said nothing but "LTC" in huge bold letters.

FUD first & ask questions later™
BlackWidow

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 07:07:25 AM

Iota or NEM
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: