Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:15:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox business strategy long term?  (Read 876 times)
Luno (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 07:49:05 AM

Do someone know how Mt.Gox consider their future long term? Do the want to issue shares, do they want to go into the banking, lending business, or are they just happy now as a  marketplace for a digital commodity and branching into web shop payment?

Are they waiting for legal clarification to expand their business, or are they still considering relations with the established payment processors as an obstacle?

I could ask Gox this question directly, but I don't know if they would disclose any of this, so I'm also asking you guys how much potential you consider Gox to have.

N.B. This is purely a business analysis question. Please no opinions on Gox in general, customer service, etc.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 05:42:53 PM

Do someone know how Mt.Gox consider their future long term? Do the want to issue shares, do they want to go into the banking, lending business, or are they just happy now as a  marketplace for a digital commodity and branching into web shop payment?

Are they waiting for legal clarification to expand their business, or are they still considering relations with the established payment processors as an obstacle?

I could ask Gox this question directly, but I don't know if they would disclose any of this, so I'm also asking you guys how much potential you consider Gox to have.

N.B. This is purely a business analysis question. Please no opinions on Gox in general, customer service, etc.

They've openly stated their intention to eventually become licensed as a money service business in the US.  Given the cost of that process, if they have the architecture it would be silly if them not to diversify into other financial services and create additional revenue streams.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Luno (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:24:52 AM

Thank you, never read that myself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: