Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:51:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "I put you on ignore."  (Read 1131 times)
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:10:04 AM

Can these posts be automatically deleted considering a page of "I put you on ignore." isn't notable or relevant content?

On another note, if you feel such an overwhelming desire to put me or somebody else on ignore, please do it and shut up about it. We don't need to hear about it. It's great that you have a tool to cope with your intolerance for other people but we really don't care about your victory over your mental obstacle.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:38:13 AM

Can these posts be automatically deleted considering a page of "I put you on ignore." isn't notable or relevant content?
It's not automatic, but if you report the posts, we'll take care of it.

Atlas (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:46:08 AM

Thanks, Maged. Will do.
max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 04:21:11 PM

On another note, if you feel such an overwhelming desire to put me or somebody else on ignore, please do it and shut up about it. We don't need to hear about it. It's great that you have a tool to cope with your intolerance for other people but we really don't care about your victory over your mental obstacle.

Just ignore them! Cheesy
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 10:09:55 PM

Just ignore them! Cheesy

I like to challenge myself not to. Love, kindness, tolerance and all that shit.

pony.jpeg
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 12:00:34 AM

What if they give you a shiny yellow ignore button and tell you about it but also post relevant content in the same post? Would Athole still be able to get it deleted from one of his hundreds of threads then?

Not as long as the on-topic content is substantial.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
ChrisKoss

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 12:19:47 AM

Coming from Atlas, I don't think this complaint is really about "I put you on ignore" diluting relevant content.   Atlas has an extensive history of creating irrelevant threads and leading off-topic tangents in other peoples' threads.  

I suspect that the real reason Atlas has made this request is because he's disheartened that so many people are ignoring him, and wants to feel like he can still influence the people who are ignoring him.  

I agree that posts which have no other content than declaring "I'm ignoring you" are a waste of space on this forum.  People should only post relevant comments/information in threads, and if its irrelevant to the topic at hand, moderators should move or remove it.  However, I don't think "you're ignored" posts need a special moderation policy - irrelevant is irrelevant.

I am a consultant providing services to CoinLab, Inc.
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:01:30 AM

I know there is an ignore ratio, but can we get an automatic ban when that ratio rises above some threshold?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:18:53 AM

Coming from Atlas, I don't think this complaint is really about "I put you on ignore" diluting relevant content.   Atlas has an extensive history of creating irrelevant threads and leading off-topic tangents in other peoples' threads.  

I suspect that the real reason Atlas has made this request is because he's disheartened that so many people are ignoring him, and wants to feel like he can still influence the people who are ignoring him.  

I agree that posts which have no other content than declaring "I'm ignoring you" are a waste of space on this forum.  People should only post relevant comments/information in threads, and if its irrelevant to the topic at hand, moderators should move or remove it.  However, I don't think "you're ignored" posts need a special moderation policy - irrelevant is irrelevant.

In some threads, the only content is "I put you on ignore".

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:23:35 AM

qft

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: