Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:22:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asshole tag  (Read 2183 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:32:43 AM

How about a system where you can add a caption to a user and others can see the list of captions and can choose one to copy, the most used caption is displayed, so anyone can nominate any caption and people essentially vote for the one that fits best - perhaps also a minimum amount of copies/votes needed before it is shown so people can't just put anything they want on un captioned users

It's bad enough that this forum is a scammer haven.  Adding options which pretty much amount to popularity contests will remove whatever illusion remains that it's a place where serious Bitcoin enterprises hang out and relegate it once and for all to the "fan site" category.  We don't need to do things which make it even more like an AOL chat-room for petulant teenagers than it already is.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Serenata

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 08:02:56 AM

How about a Post rating solution? Good posts will be rated high and not so good low. The average post rating of the user could be shown in their profiles and/or below avatars.

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 10:17:40 AM

How about a system where you can add a caption to a user and others can see the list of captions and can choose one to copy, the most used caption is displayed, so anyone can nominate any caption and people essentially vote for the one that fits best - perhaps also a minimum amount of copies/votes needed before it is shown so people can't just put anything they want on un captioned users

It's bad enough that this forum is a scammer haven.  Adding options which pretty much amount to popularity contests will remove whatever illusion remains that it's a place where serious Bitcoin enterprises hang out and relegate it once and for all to the "fan site" category.  We don't need to do things which make it even more like an AOL chat-room for petulant teenagers than it already is.
Not _all_ teenagers are petulant.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 10:31:56 AM

How about a Post rating solution? Good posts will be rated high and not so good low. The average post rating of the user could be shown in their profiles and/or below avatars.

People will still rate based on personality and they'll rate posts they agree with "high" and those they disagree with "low", regardless of the merits of the post.  Reddit's a good example of this.  I suspect that pirate's rating would have been through the roof when he was still the darling of the Lending forum -  his supporters would have rated every post of his high, giving him a credibility which was unwarranted.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 11:19:04 AM

Again?

Let me reiterate that I'm available to rate as instructed in exchange for BTC.
underminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 11:59:37 PM

To quote tbcoin: "hahaha the proposal acceptance has exceeded my expectatives"

Two People besides you exceeded your expectations?

Way to set that bar low right out of the gate lol.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: