Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:58:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum  (Read 6256 times)
SergeyS

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:10:28 PM

Ripple I think quite a good digital currency, and in the market it is in great demand,but as for competition with Ethereum, I think it's too early to talk about it.While the Ether eclipses Ripple.But think in soon the situation can change.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cherepashkis

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:11:32 PM

I don't think the ripple can compete with Ethereum. Ethereum is in too good a position.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:32:12 PM

It's not a fair comparison as Ripple is highly centralized at the moment but they most likely will focus on partnerships now that lawsuit is decided in their favor.
XRPreceived a lawsuit stating that the company uses dishonest and illegal tactics for tricking investors and controlling the price of XRP.

Ryan Coffey, an XRP investor, had filed a lawsuit against Ripple Labs Inc earlier this year in May after allegedly suffering losses instead of gains on his investment. He led an entire group of upset investors to file the lawsuit against the company on May 3.

He issued “Order Denying Motion to Remand,” to ensure that the case doesn’t advance to Federal levels and instead remains in the lower courts of California. After suffering losses due to a bad investment, Ryan went ahead and demanded compensation for the financial losses he had faced due to Ripple Labs Inc. When he didn’t receive any compensation, he accused the company of manipulating XRP’s price to make profits and for damaging XRP investors.

Ryan said that the company promoted XRP through the media while using the media to make XRP prices rise and fall simultaneously. He accused XRP of being a security, and the company of ignoring the California Corporations Code regarding the securities laws.

The lawsuit also accused Ripple’s CEO, Brad Garlinghouse, to mislead investors by falsely explaining how his company’s products are being used. Finally, Ryan accused XRP of violating federal laws regarding securities and of not being decentralized.

True. Due to Ripple being centralized, it has the risk of facing lawsuits and/or other regulations within its country of origin. Investors would quickly claim the Ripple company for lost funds, since after all, it has promoted XRP as its internal asset. The large number of XRP held by the company, explains everything. XRP could be classified as a security by the US SEC regulatory framework, which could face serious consequences if the company doesn't register its asset as such.

That's what you get when dealing with a centralized system, although I'd have to admit that there are better protections and regulations for investors when dealing with a centralized cryptocurrency like XRP, than decentralized ones like Ethereum. For this and many reasons, we cannot compare ETH directly from XRP, as they're completely different worlds.

Nobody owns or controls Ethereum, and anyone can gain access to it without restrictions. XRP's consensus algorithm is ruled by validators that are approved by the Ripple company itself. This means that XRP is a permissioned system (centralized) rather than a permission-less system (decentralized) such as Ethereum. XRP could rise over time as an asset used widely by banks, by it may not succeed as a "cryptocurrency" for the people to enjoy. There will be a great distinction between XRP and the rest of cryptocurrencies in the market within the future.

Therefore, it's highly probable that Ethereum will stay ahead of XRP in market cap, and popularity for quite a long time. Wink

Irina_ortman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:46:49 PM

They are not comparable, different platforms. Ethereum is a great opportunity to contract and track payments without intermediaries. Then as Ripple is a protocol for conducting transactions.
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:55:02 PM

THERE IS NO COMPARISON BETWEEN ETHER AND RIPPLE I THINK ETHER IS TOO BIG TO COMPARE IT TO RIPPLE GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR INVESTMENT Smiley
Litefoxx1698

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:58:43 PM

Don't think so - they are different in their inner technical using. And ethereum is more familiar for people so investors trust this coin and will invest more money in it

★━━━━━━★★  Z-POP DREAM  ★★━━━━━━★
/━/━━━//★ GROW TALENT CREATE STAR ★\\━━━\━\
WHITEPAPERWEBSITETELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK
prosokeslo

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:30:57 PM

Ripple and Ethereum are one of the most top altcoins in the market, In fact they are the two most leading altcoins, and I think that they have really good projects ongoing but work differently, and so might not be so easy comparing them. I think though, that many people would choose Ethereum as a better choice over ripple and I would agree with them too.
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:57:21 PM

Ethereum is the second most popular coin after bitcoin. It has fallen from an ATH of $1500+ and is now in good range to buy for long term holding. With the ethereum platform, you can create smart contracts and new tokens. There are few reliable wallets out there where you can store your ether. Metamask, myetherwallet, Imtoken are some.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:05:59 AM

Don't think so - they are different in their inner technical using. And ethereum is more familiar for people so investors trust this coin and will invest more money in it

Exactly. Both Ripple (XRP) and Ethereum are quite different not only in the way they're used, but also in their technical aspects. I believe that in the future, they will be used for unique things in the mainstream world, each fulfilling their purpose. XRP would be the top cryptocurrency for Banks, while ETH will become to go-to platform for smart contracts. As their consensus algorithms are distinct, they'll achieve scalability in a unique way.

It is said that XRP is capable of processing over 5,000 TPS (which is a lot superior than ETH's TPS), but with the downside that it's extremely centralized. Hence, people would prefer to use a decentralized cryptocurrency like Ethereum (even if the same is not scalable yet) for better control of their funds. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:17:15 AM

I'll go with ethereum, xrp is very decentralized. Ethereum is current rank 2 now in the most high market cap. So ethereum is still the best compare to xrp, ethereum team is very active now in their project, more improvement in ethereum is coming to the ethereum.
ganesh10

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:18:19 AM

Ethereum seems like the best option, it is actually considered a cryptocurrency, but ripple is could bring more profits than ethereum if you use it for trading, ethereum seems kind of stagnant at that aspect.
makeitweird

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:20:06 AM

I feel like this question is similar to whether I'd rather lose both my legs or both my arms
daniel08

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:30:00 AM

im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)
It will be the etherium for sure , because for what i have been reading most , etherium is the best amongst the altcoins and they even say that the etherium will inherit the bitcoin in the future. Because they have the most similiraties in terms in a long term investments and in a long term gaining of profits. From time to time their value rises but also going low , and suddenly skyrocketing. I will always choose etherium than other altcoins when talking long term.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
Mr.frost

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:42:53 PM

Ethereum is one of the most in demand coins in any exchange. ICO tokens will be exchange for it while ripple is on its silent world like no one cares,so it is very clear that ETH is superior between the two.
Cangkeman Wae

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:51:23 PM

Ripple is a fantastic coin, the number of users that increased drastically makes Ripple's demand increase dramatically and this is what makes Ripple prices skyrocket, but ethereum is the most potential coin to skyrocket so I make ethereum the first priority.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:53:03 PM

The comparison is very serious, but I think that in the case of such a comparison, I would probably use both projects for the benefit of my deposit, which brought a lot of benefits earlier, I am sure that they will still make themselves felt, because they are very popular.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:41:47 PM

I'll go with ethereum, xrp is very decentralized. Ethereum is current rank 2 now in the most high market cap. So ethereum is still the best compare to xrp, ethereum team is very active now in their project, more improvement in ethereum is coming to the ethereum.

Yes. XRP is very centralized and is not active in development and innovation unlike Ethereum. The former is close to Bitcoin in terms of market cap, development, and popularity. Due to its unparalleled security and censorship resistance, it has managed to gather the attention of crypto enthusiasts and ordinary people in the mainstream world. However, that's not the case with XRP since it's centralized and works nearly the same way as a Bank.

XRP hasn't been able to provide its real uses in the mainstream world, as Banks are not required to use it for transfers. They could interact with XRP's ledger, without the need to own or use XRP at all, which questions how useful the XRP asset would be in the long term. For this and many other reasons, I believe that XRP will fail while Ethereum will remain as the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap.

Therefore, many people have chosen ETH over XRP because they trust it, as it's a permission-less system open to all. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
loveinberlin

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:43:14 PM

To my mind, it is better to choose ether because it has the 2d place after btc, which is the most powerful coin ever. Ether has almost the same potential to become the leader in the market
mobuna8az

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:47:35 PM

To my mind, it is better to choose ether because it has the 2d place after btc, which is the most powerful coin ever. Ether has almost the same potential to become the leader in the market
You are right. Ethereum is the best choice for now with great opportunities to bring profits. I believe ethereum will be able to recover from current market conditions, and hopefully the current green market continues.
gasanali

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:48:37 PM

Now it is obvious that Ethereum is a stronger and more interesting project than Ripple. Ripple is controlled by banks, so people don't trust it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: