Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:07:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC & physical goods lot auction  (Read 1112 times)
TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 06:39:49 AM

Description: Lot of cross-linked inventory listed on http://tbz1.com and http://fs.tbz1.com (no other subdomains) AND an amount of BTC equal to the difference between the starting and winning bid. This amount of BTC will be funded to a (PRNG generated) BIP38 encrypted private key, split amongst puzzle pieces which will be safely tucked into the lot immediately prior to pickup.

Starting bid: (BitcoinAverage's 24h sliding average for the $7100 USD the inventory is worth according to my hundreds of hours over more than a decade of research)

Reserve bid: BTCSecret, SHA256 (salted) hash e059499d8c720470292d44d6d61cdb5eb4d4008287e46892704d7522fd1f3157

Lot & BTC will be locked when the reserve is met, so nobody will be able to buy any of it out from under the bidders.

Maximum bid: BTCSecret, SHA256 (salted) hash 0b3854a319b73e69c4837a41a0ab8f8bc5e5af8d345e3223c071446a6455f3f0

End date and time: Whichever comes first, either 1) 12 hours after the time of a bid meeting or being the first to exceed the secret reserve bid amount OR 2) someone meeting or being the first to exceed the secret maximum bid amount

I will do my best to post STOP BIDDING, AUCTION WON BY [winner] immediately when the 12 hour countdown hits zero, or I see a topic reply notification email meeting or exceeding the maximum before the countdown hits zero.

Delivery: Pickup only in San Diego, CA, USA within 45 calendar days after payment.

I'm dead serious about liquidating this lot, but I'm not going to be liable for shipping cost, shipping packing, shipping damage, shipping theft, or anything else involved in shipping this lot en masse (that's probably hundreds of pounds & a U-Haul Cargo Van worth) myself. Nor will I be liable for storing it past 45 calendar days after payment, so multiple pickup reminders will be posted in this topic over the 45 calendar day pickup window.

Pickup information: The winner will be provided upon payment, via a PGP-encrypted (to the public key you PGP clearsigned your bid with) PM on this forum 1) the BIP38 passphrase for the encrypted private key on the puzzle pieces 2) a randomly generated code to give to their trusted agent if they need to use one (who will then give it to me so I can verify I'm not giving the lot to a fake agent), or to me directly. Regardless of whether their trusted agent runs off with the winner's lot after giving me the randomly generated code, the BIP38 passphrase will prevent the thief agent from also stealing the winner's BTC if they correctly assemble the puzzle pieces.

Local rules:
1) All replies (other than mine) until further notice must be bids PGP-clearsigned by each bidder using the text in the Code box below, without modification except between each set of {} marks:
Code:
I, {insert Bitcointalk username here}, bid {insert bid amount here} for the lot of cross-linked inventory listed on http://tbz1.com and http://fs.tbz1.com (no other subdomains) AND an amount of [btc] equal to the difference between the starting and my winning bid.

Furthermore, I swear or affirm the following:
My bid above is legally binding and cannot be retracted if it meets or exceeds the secret reserve bid amount (hashed above).
If my bid exceeded the secret maximum bid amount (hashed above), I will only be bound to pay the secret maximum amount out of my excess bid.
As of now, my Bitcointalk member rank is Jr. Member or above.
I did not have clear & convincing negative feedback of stealing BTC or owing BTC from broken contracts BEFORE the start of this auction.
I will pay the full amount of BTC no later than 7 calendar days after being provided a PGP-clearsigned unique payment address by TheButterZone, and if I fail to do so, I will accept all lawful consequences, including, but not limited to, a negative feedback with risked BTC.
If I was not the highest bidder, but all higher bidders than me failed to pay within each of their 7 calendar day windows, my bid remains legally binding in case I end up being the next highest bidder after them.
I will personally, or have a trusted agent, pick up the lot in San Diego, CA, USA within 45 calendar days after my payment.
I can decrypt 1) PGP-encrypted messages to the public key that I'm PGP clearsigning this bid with AND 2) the BIP38-encrypted private key with the passphrase (after I decrypt the PGP-encrypted message containing the passphrase & correctly assemble the puzzle pieces).
If I or my trusted agent won't pick up the lot in San Diego, CA, USA within 45 calendar days after my payment, I will PGP clearsign another message instructing TheButterZone which San Diego, CA thrift store to donate the lot to in my name*, and also a decent charity to donate the BIP38'd BTC to in my name*. Otherwise TheButterZone will chose recipients for me and put the donations in my name*. *and get receipt(s) for my tax purposes.
If I find it too difficult to correctly assemble the puzzle pieces once the lot is in my possession and I can take pictures of key items OR my trusted agent turns thief, I will ask TheButterZone to PGP encrypt his backup of my BIP38 private key, to the public key that I'm PGP clearsigning this bid with.

2) No more questions. The time for questions was during the previous Marketplace & Auctions topics that had over a week of combined discussion time, let alone the >10 years of advertising. If your questions haven't already been answered satisfactorily enough for you to bid, then don't.
3) Thinly-veiled posting to boost ad campaign numbers is prohibited.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 07:05:48 AM

bump

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: