Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5+ is available to order, 7.722TH/S 0.445J/GH  (Read 40035 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 03:18:46 PM

I'm fairly confident they will sell more batches of the s5+, it just makes sense from a business perspective.. Why release new gen when the competition is non existent.. S5+ was tempting but I opted to get some sp20's instead for the stealth factor

Depends, the S2 and S3++ were used to help consume the last of a generation's chip supplies and the S5+ may be the same. There's probably a finite number of S5+s planned and even if they're selling better than expected there may not be significant follow up stock. The S7 has to appear at some point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ITOP_Gareth

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 04:16:17 PM

How are you doing this though?  Are you having customers send to you or sending to bitmain as if it was you?

Bitmain terms are here: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202661989-Limited-90-Day-Warranty-Terms-

They clearly post: "it does not extend to owners of the product other than the original owner" and as first buyer and not official reseller you are original owner.  They even warn of resellers may claim to have warranty that do not on sales "Some resellers may claim the units be qualified, however, it may not be."

Can you please show us documentation where Bitmain say's your not an official reseller yet you may transfer warrenty?

Hi, thanks for your question.

Currently, it seems Bitmain do not allow warranty claims through resellers but we are attempting to communicate and work with them on this issue.

In the mean time, I can confirm that we are offering an ITOP 90-day warranty - the same as the manufacturer - on all purchases of the S5+ made through our official site. If you need to return a faulty unit, you can send it back to us within the warranty period and we will continue to offer this unless we can do it through Bitmain in the future - this is our guarantee.

As a result, our costs are a little higher due to extra expenses in dealing with warranty claims but we offer more payment options and better customer service and support on our full range of products.
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:23:13 PM

How are you doing this though?  Are you having customers send to you or sending to bitmain as if it was you?

Bitmain terms are here: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202661989-Limited-90-Day-Warranty-Terms-

They clearly post: "it does not extend to owners of the product other than the original owner" and as first buyer and not official reseller you are original owner.  They even warn of resellers may claim to have warranty that do not on sales "Some resellers may claim the units be qualified, however, it may not be."

Can you please show us documentation where Bitmain say's your not an official reseller yet you may transfer warrenty?

Currently, it seems Bitmain do not allow warranty claims through resellers but we are attempting to communicate and work with them on this issue.

In the mean time, I can confirm that we are offering an ITOP 90-day warranty - the same as the manufacturer - on all purchases of the S5+ made through our official site. If you need to return a faulty unit, you can send it back to us within the warranty period and we will continue to offer this unless we can do it through Bitmain in the future - this is our guarantee.

As a result, our costs are a little higher due to extra expenses in dealing with warranty claims but we offer more payment options and better customer service and support on our full range of products.

the paypal option is nice Gareth.. but soon you will have other resellers stocking up on these offering them for under 3k.  I know Scott at HolyBitcoin is getting a shipment in and accepts paypal as well, i think he is planning on offering them at 2999.97
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:36:14 PM

the paypal option is nice Gareth.. but soon you will have other resellers stocking up on these offering them for under 3k.  I know Scott at HolyBitcoin is getting a shipment in and accepts paypal as well, i think he is planning on offering them at 2999.97

They are on ebay at $2900 + $60 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bitmain-Antminer-S5-7-7TH-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner-Brand-New-Factory-Sealed-Box-/262009233717?hash=item3d00f7a135

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:44:09 PM

Can you list the TOS to your warranty?   Bitmain has a page with TOS for warranty.

Thak you for saying offering "we are offering an ITOP 90-day warranty".  I still think you should say like manufacture not same as.  With being a unofficial reseller it truly is not same as.   So you are getting better but still not there on describing it.
-droid-
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:47:06 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bitmain-Antminer-S5-7-7TH-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner-Brand-New-Factory-Sealed-Box-/262009233717?hash=item3d00f7a135

yeah not bad, some guy had one for 2500 earlier and it was snatched up quick lol, makes me wonder why he had it so low with ebay / paypal fees.. probably just trying to get his money back after realizing he didnt have 220v
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:47:53 PM

I'm fairly confident they will sell more batches of the s5+, it just makes sense from a business perspective.. Why release new gen when the competition is non existent.. S5+ was tempting but I opted to get some sp20's instead for the stealth factor

Depends, the S2 and S3++ were used to help consume the last of a generation's chip supplies and the S5+ may be the same. There's probably a finite number of S5+s planned and even if they're selling better than expected there may not be significant follow up stock. The S7 has to appear at some point.

I think it will be based on profit.  These sure do use up a lot of chips which could clear out inventory.  But also I think with current gen chips they have perfected process so if they make money I could see making chips for it and doing more batches.

Or the could wait till next gen before making more chips.   I think all depends on financials that likely will not be shared.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:10:17 AM

i placed an order for 6 x antminer s5's 1 day before the s5+ was released and paid in full, now  the bitmaintech support wont let me transfer my funds to a new order and pay the remaining difference to receive the s5+....not very pleased.

Well that's your fault for not paying attention to what was coming down the line from Bitmain. The S5+ hasn't been a secret for quite some time.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:14:17 AM

probably just trying to get his money back after realizing he didnt have 220v

There is NO BLOODY REQUIREMENT FOR 220 to run a S5+. Never has been. I don't understand why this rubbish BS claim keeps popping up.

Yes, it might be a bit more efficient, as you get less I2R losses in the input circuitry to the PS and a hair less in the wiring. It's NOT a requirement.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:24:47 AM

I am not defending dogie , but   he said it is cheaper to buy from bitmaintech then itop.

Now itop may not like that but that was true.

http://www.itopshop.net/world-biggest-miner-antminer-s5-bitcoin-miner-77-t-3436w-p-271.html

3299  plus shipping

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=0002015081407532655504JMKzsM067B

2307 plus shipping

so we are talking about a big mark up here.

My question to iTop is will you reduce price or keep the markup?

id consider buying from itop since he takes paypal, but the higher price is a dealbreaker.. i can see why one would charge a slight premium to cover merchant fees but not that much

There's this thing called "profit". Google it.   Grin
grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:24:58 AM

yeah not bad, some guy had one for 2500 earlier and it was snatched up quick lol, makes me wonder why he had it so low with ebay / paypal fees.. probably just trying to get his money back after realizing he didnt have 220v

That would be a foolish reason since it only needs 12v DC

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:09:51 AM

There is NO BLOODY REQUIREMENT FOR 220 to run a S5+. Never has been. I don't understand why this rubbish BS claim keeps popping up.

Yes, it might be a bit more efficient, as you get less I2R losses in the input circuitry to the PS and a hair less in the wiring. It's NOT a requirement.

If you go with recommended PSU's it is required.  The PSU's they recommend don't work with 120.   

But yes you could keep throwing 120 lines to lower power PSU's.  But would not make a lot of sense.   Just look at amount of PCI-e cables it takes.  But if you ROI'ed on a lot of ATX supplies and had multiple line's of 120 close together yes you could run it.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:19:00 AM

If you go with recommended PSU's it is required.  The PSU's they recommend don't work with 120.  

But yes you could keep throwing 120 lines to lower power PSU's.  But would not make a lot of sense.   Just look at amount of PCI-e cables it takes.  But if you ROI'ed on a lot of ATX supplies and had multiple line's of 120 close together yes you could run it.

It makes perfect sense if you're like me and have a dozen PSUs sitting around collecting dust... and there are many former miners in a similar situation. Just sayin'.

Although I'm absolutely NOT interested in the S5+ at all. It's barely an improvement on the S5. It looks to me like Bitmain is simply trying to find a way to quickly dispose of the previous generation chips to make way for the next gen.
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:26:29 AM

If you go with recommended PSU's it is required.  The PSU's they recommend don't work with 120.   

But yes you could keep throwing 120 lines to lower power PSU's.  But would not make a lot of sense.   Just look at amount of PCI-e cables it takes.  But if you ROI'ed on a lot of ATX supplies and had multiple line's of 120 close together yes you could run it.

They "recommend" their own PSU and it has nothing to do with what is optimal, only what is profitable Wink

120V PSU's are no less effective at powering this beast, so long as each PSU has enough rating to fully power each board fully (only 1 PSU per board), but 12V is 12V.  240V PSU's gain a couple percentage points in efficiency, and when you get into the larger server PSU's they require 240V, but the hardware could care less what's feeding it.

The amount of PCIe cables it takes to run would not change whether you had 9 individual PSU's or 1 4000W PSU, not sure what relevance that has to PSU selection? The best PSU for the job is either the one you've already paid for, or the one that will do the job for the least amount of money that meets your expectations (efficiency, etc) without dying.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:34:42 AM

I hope everyone with an S5+ is having a blast and I would enjoy seeing more pics and vids from others. I know you are out there!
Of course people in the US who ordered Friday are likely seeing their orders arrive tomorrow at the earliest as most show shipped first thing Monday (my time) and show clearing Alaska customs today.

I think the increase in efficiency plus what RichBC and Phil have been working on with regular S5 units has a huge potential with the S5+:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151460.0
If they can find a way to do this with a variety of power supplies which is cost effective...
Show them support and some of the electrical engineers should give some opinions of what they think in that thread. I bet there are many following / lurking closely Smiley

This is my "second chance" with BITMAIN, and from what I have seen so far it fits my nano farm perfectly.

Good luck to all, and may the mining angels smile on you.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:37:52 AM

They "recommend" their own PSU and it has nothing to do with what is optimal, only what is profitable Wink

120V PSU's are no less effective at powering this beast, so long as each PSU has enough rating to fully power each board fully (only 1 PSU per board), but 12V is 12V.  240V PSU's gain a couple percentage points in efficiency, and when you get into the larger server PSU's they require 240V, but the hardware could care less what's feeding it.

The amount of PCIe cables it takes to run would not change whether you had 9 individual PSU's or 1 4000W PSU, not sure what relevance that has to PSU selection? The best PSU for the job is either the one you've already paid for, or the one that will do the job for the least amount of money that meets your expectations (efficiency, etc) without dying.

If you ROI'ed on a lot I agree it could make sense.   But 3 PSU's running on 240 makes a lot nicer setup.

Having 9 PSU's might work but just not the way I mine personally.   Again I can see why you would want to use them, but chances are those 9 are not gold.  If you had 4-5 gold rated PSU's that could do it sure go for it.  I personally just like gold or better getting that extra efficiency.
-droid-
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:49:44 AM

If you ROI'ed on a lot I agree it could make sense.   But 3 PSU's running on 240 makes a lot nicer setup.

Having 9 PSU's might work but just not the way I mine personally.   Again I can see why you would want to use them, but chances are those 9 are not gold.  If you had 4-5 gold rated PSU's that could do it sure go for it.  I personally just like gold or better getting that extra efficiency.

Yeah or two 2880w PSU's IMO would be ideal.. Less clutter and more room for additional s5+ units.. Instead of a whole bunch of random atx PSU's that one would have lying around.. Yeah it would work but it's not practical other than someone running just one in their garage or whatnot
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 03:51:39 AM

I am not defending dogie , but   he said it is cheaper to buy from bitmaintech then itop.

http://www.itopshop.net/world-biggest-miner-antminer-s5-bitcoin-miner-77-t-3436w-p-271.html

3299  plus shipping

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=0002015081407532655504JMKzsM067B

2307 plus shipping

id consider buying from itop since he takes paypal, but the higher price is a dealbreaker.. i can see why one would charge a slight premium to cover merchant fees but not that much

There's this thing called "profit". Google it.   Grin

yeah There is and I can get one ebay at 2900 with multiple discounts and six months to pay it.

so competition  will knock iTop out.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:55:55 AM

3299  plus shipping

2307 plus shipping

There's this thing called "profit". Google it.   Grin

yeah There is and I can get one ebay at 2900 with multiple discounts and six months to pay it.

so competition  will knock iTop out.

One thing to consider on ebay is fees.  By the time ebay and paypal take a chunk of sales really these ebay sellers are making quite a bit less then iTop even though it looks closer at first glance.

I still think we most likely will see another batch.   And I could be wrong on that.  But I just think they have perfected making these chips at this point, and they can use a LOT of them in these S5+'s.  I don't see them turning down profit to pay for net gen.

Then again I could be wrong and they just did one batch to deplete old stocks of chips.

*Edit iTop now shows sold out. I wonder how many they had.   We will see if they were selling from all stock or selling some and ordering them bitmain.  I don't see them holding a big stock.

Also iTop said they had units for their warranty I wonder how many units if any they keep for those iTop sales if they need warranty work.
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:19:46 AM

Of course we'll see another batch. There's no way that the S5+ is a one time event. But at this late stage there's no way it will run as long as the S3 did (what was that, 6 batches?)

Here's my fantasy:

1. BTC amps back up to the $1000 range just before Bitmain announces batch 2. They price accordingly at 2.3 BTC per S5+.

2. I place my order.

3. BTC drops back back to today's $240-ish.

4. Difficulty stagnates.

5. Profit.

Don't laugh. It could happen.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: