Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Paste Bitcoin Addresses  (Read 7226 times)
sportfan

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:46:44 PM

well i dont know but something is wrong with your pc...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 11:10:04 AM

Thats sounds like a virus or remoting your pc.If your PC is infected the best way to clean your PC is format. If You dont want to  format your pc you may try this http://www.instructables.com/id/Removing-virus-without-using-anti-virus/?ALLSTEPS
Zyrio

Activity: 53
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 12:06:43 PM

Thats sounds like a virus or remoting your pc.If your PC is infected the best way to clean your PC is format. If You dont want to  format your pc you may try this http://www.instructables.com/id/Removing-virus-without-using-anti-virus/?ALLSTEPS

Format is surely the safest way to kill everything on the harddisc but you can be unlucky, format and install everything new and still... the virus is back. If that happens then you might have a bootsectorvirus. He will start on startup and download the real virus again. The only way to kill it would be to overwrite the bootsektor and delete all viruses then.

So format is no always the full solution.
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:03:41 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue with bitcoin. I'm really thinking I picked up something nasty somewhere that my anti-virus (Comodo and Malware-Bytes) isn't picking up.

When ever I copy a bitcoin address and I paste it into a document, including the webpages, the address changes to another address not associated with what I'm trying. I can copy and paste multiple times until it pastes the correct address, but this is rather annoying. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so does anyone know a fix without having to wipe everything from my machine?

Thanks,
Anthony
A.K.A. Valandor
can you please explain the situation more clearly..like what browser you are using or what bitcoin wallet you are using so it will help us to find the solution faster
grant27

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:16:06 AM

I would like to remind there is a huge chance that your AV software will not be able to detect most recent viruses and malware. It is always a good idea to try with different AVs.
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:20:16 AM

i think you need upgrade and update your antivirus
or u can back up your wallet and try Re-instal your windows
bitcoinminer91

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:22:35 PM

I have the same problem. Whenever i copy and paste my bitcoin address, it changes to another. But i noticed it only changes the bitcoin address, not any other address. so i was telling is there any way to fix this problem without removing/wiping my whole pc or os. i mean its too much work. Please help.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 04:39:34 AM

I have the same problem. Whenever i copy and paste my bitcoin address, it changes to another. But i noticed it only changes the bitcoin address, not any other address. so i was telling is there any way to fix this problem without removing/wiping my whole pc or os. i mean its too much work. Please help.
We can't do much to directly help you but I try to tell you what can you do.

At this point it is certain, your machine is infected with virus/malware. They only way is to find what that virus is and remove it. If you fail to do that you need to purge your system.
To remove malware I suggest you can use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or Kaspersky Anivirus - these two helped me before with extremely pesky trojans which other antiviruses refused to clean or even find.

Are you a Hearthstone player? Because I heard about this type of malware hidden in third-party tool for Hearthstone.
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 04:43:36 AM

And be aware that browser extensions (plugins) can also do malicious things and aren't detected by antivirus scanners AFAIK.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 05:49:05 AM

And be aware that browser extensions (plugins) can also do malicious things and aren't detected by antivirus scanners AFAIK.
You are right I was one of the victim of such malicious script injected through firefox add-on. When ever I tried to paste a bitcoin address, got pasted different bitcoin address in blockchain wallet's sent field and lost around 0.005 bitcoins in 2 to 4 transactions before I noticed the problem.

I checked another member also had shared similar problem here in this forum at that time but with no concrete solutions, but I just resolved this by uninstalling my browsers.
Mickel-drew

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 09:52:54 AM

it sounds dangerious since i can be easily fall for this type of viruses but never did. thank you for notifying this i will be alert
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 10:35:52 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue with bitcoin. I'm really thinking I picked up something nasty somewhere that my anti-virus (Comodo and Malware-Bytes) isn't picking up.

When ever I copy a bitcoin address and I paste it into a document, including the webpages, the address changes to another address not associated with what I'm trying. I can copy and paste multiple times until it pastes the correct address, but this is rather annoying. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so does anyone know a fix without having to wipe everything from my machine?

Thanks,
Anthony
A.K.A. Valandor
That's not virus it's a code that in your console browser i think you just goo in youtube channel and looking for some tricky things on how to get bitcoin fast? Lot's of videos there are definitely FAKE if you download a file or what so ever and added on your browser clear your cache and your browing history and everything will be fine Smiley
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 10:38:40 AM

Years ago, I have encountered a virus such as this one. To remove that virus, the only solution is via formatting your pc and erase every partition of your hard drive then create a new one. That way should have removed that virus. If it is still there after doing what I said, it's a different virus from the one I have experienced. The easiest way out of this though if formatting don't work is buying a new pc but that will be to expensive.
budafuko

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:01:57 AM

Hello,

Thanks,
Anthony
A.K.A. Valandor

i know this is an old post but i just recently opened a file that was supposed to be a faucet auto bot and it installed this file umzs.exe and opened it which was hijacking my clipboard only if a bitcoin address was entered.. i opened task manager and killed it went to startup and opened file location and removed it. this should resolve the issue if anyone else has the same one
virusasog

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 10:21:48 AM

Years ago, I have encountered a virus such as this one. To remove that virus, the only solution is via formatting your pc and erase every partition of your hard drive then create a new one. That way should have removed that virus. If it is still there after doing what I said, it's a different virus from the one I have experienced. The easiest way out of this though if formatting don't work is buying a new pc but that will be to expensive.

This is silly, simply have best antivirus to your PC for swipe away from the malicious attacks.  Trojan attacks do critical to take from the computers best thing just format your disk and install a any antivirus on it.
GameunitsSEO

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Entrepreneur

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 05:09:20 PM

HINT : Always double check the prefix and suffix of the address before you hit send !!!

Gameunits We're enabling the 2 billion unbanked Gamers to shop on any online merchant.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 06:41:50 PM

Dude. Smack your nephew very hard over the head for being such a simpleton.
People make these kind of programs so gullible or mostly plain stupid people think k ot actually works. It is like clicking opening up and installing a file names "free btc.exe"

Anyway what this program you have does is it changes your copy paste to am address they own in the hopes you dont check because you just copy pasted right ?it should be identical so you hit send and there you go bitcoin given to the guy who made the program.your nephew could have cost you so many bitcoins.

Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:29:52 PM

The best thing you can do is to save the SEED if you haven't already done so from your wallet. If you use online web wallet , well time to change to a desktop one like Electrum which is the best we have so far for free. I advise you to format your PC (of course after you have backed up all important data that you keep in your PC) and after a clean install, install first a good Antivirus. Only after install electrum and restore from SEED , I have taken Electrum as an example here.

If you use another wallet, in that case just copy the wallet.dat and save it in a USB. Better to spend some time rather than relying on some AV to remove such keylogger malware. In most of the cases once your PC is infected AV or Spyware remover cannot do that much.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
budafuko

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 12:55:20 AM

i cant remember if i replied to this or not but it was as 1J or IJ wallet it was easy to pick out that it wasn't mine.. open task manager there is a program running that shouldn't be, you can find it easy because it will be in your startup files as well.. remove it, you'll be fine.. you have to kill it to cause it is running and stop the startup process, then the 2 dlls that were in the zip file. search for them and take ownership then delete them as well

edit: i did reply but not thoroughly as i did in the other post, its a 4 letter exe file i forget the name, i had to stupidly ignore a trojan warning on my virus scanner. i somewhat know how to remove viruses myself but you should never open iffy programs. i was stupid to ignore my own advice i give everyone but people who know how to remove viruses sometimes feel they are immune. i am lucky that i noticed the address change as i could have ended up sending him money or working towards his bitcoins for ads and stuff online.... be carefull everyone. do not click everything u see in the forum they do not delete scams. its up to you to spot them out. be smarter than i was
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:22:14 AM

it's called "clipboard hijacking".  there's a lot of these circulating actually around.

you are definitively infected.  this has happened to a lot of users recently, as this malware got now several new versions.

I have recently watched at one of them source code, and it's evil of simplicity  lol Cool   

to resume: clean your computer ASAP .  and next time don't click on any .exe or jar file you don't know, or don't need.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: